Jan 3, 2013
✟113,491.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have been trying to plant seed so that my friend Colton might come to know the Lord. I found out tonight that he apparently did believe. I told him i believe all things are possible with God. He said I'm sorry I never will. I used to believe that. He didn't elaborate and I couldn't ask him because someone else started a conversation with him . My question is should I keep planting seed or am I throwing pearls before swine. I know with the Lord there is no coincidences and that we crossed paths for a reason. Still I'm conflicted.

Last edited:

AK1982

All things ... through HIM who strengthens!
Sep 26, 2019
Netherlands
✟29,012.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Transforming hearts is God's job. We as His children having a privilege & responsibility to proclaim the gospel to the whole creation, must do it relying on the strength and leading of the Holy spirit and not in our own strength and understanding.

My question is should I keep planting seed or am I throwing pearls before swine.

Planting seeds in the 'right time' by following God's lead (and not getting ahead of God), watering them with prayer and waiting patiently upon God for growth are all needed for making that difference. Meanwhile, be 'Christ-like', be an example and show God to your friend. You will be surprised how much this whole thing can change you.

Don't judge too soon and don't give up on him too soon. It's a process which involves time and effort, which is why I say, It can only be done relying on Holy Spirit.

Reactions: mario1001
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My question is should I keep planting seed

What do you mean by planting seeds?

Are you just quoting scripture at him, or are you asking him questions about what he does believe and about what evidence he has for his belief or lack of?

Christianity is not blind faith in the unknown but rational trust in historic facts.

Three questions.

What do you believe?

What evidence do you have for that belief?

What evidence would you accept to prove Christianity/ there is no God?

Can you answer these questions? Ask your friend them and talk about them, this doesn't have to be one to one, in fact it can be better if a group discuss the issues. Then noone feels picked on.

Upvote 0

CoderGMA

Mar 31, 2021
Pennsylvania
✟16,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Divorced
I have been trying to plant seed so that my friend Colton might come to know the Lord. I found out tonight that he apparently did believe. I told him i believe all things are possible with God. He said I'm sorry I never will. I used to believe that. He didn't elaborate and I couldn't ask him because someone else started a conversation with him . My question is should I keep planting seed or am I throwing pearls before swine. I know with the Lord there is no coincidences and that we crossed paths for a reason. Still I'm conflicted.
I think God wants us to sow the seed and let him grow the harvest. God knows the heart, where we have only a limited view, so we shouldn't try to determine what only GOD can determine. Keep praying for your friend. Prayer can move mountains.

Upvote 0