Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Where does that say Christians did this?
Wait....let me get this straight....you are claiming that the leaders and law makers of the American colonies in the 17th century were not Christian. Pray tell, what were they?

Upvote 0

Dorothy Mae

May 26, 2018
Canton south of Germany
✟75,214.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Wait....let me get this straight....you are claiming that the leaders and law makers of the American colonies in the 17th century were not Christian. Pray tell, what were they?
Deist? Is that the word?

Do think every American was and is a Christian?

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Where does that say Christians did this?
I see that you are rather ignorant of the history of the US. At that time very few slave owners were not Christians. There is no more need to say that they were Christians than to say that cars have four wheels.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,916.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Deist? Is that the word?

Do think every American was and is a Christian?

They largely were, yes. And those in the American South at the time of the American Civil War were also Christians, whether you want to say they weren't or not.

Upvote 0

Dorothy Mae

May 26, 2018
Canton south of Germany
✟75,214.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I see that you are rather ignorant of the history of the US. At that time very few slave owners were not Christians. There is no more need to say that they were Christians than to say that cars have four wheels.
I see you are ignorant of what christians are. You think all americans are christians I guess by virtue of being American.

Upvote 0

Dorothy Mae

May 26, 2018
Canton south of Germany
✟75,214.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
They largely were, yes. And those in the American South at the time of the American Civil War were also Christians, whether you want to say they weren't or not.
You aren’t one, right?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Most people in human history or even europeans are not christians. To claim one is required evidence.

There open declaration to be Christians is more than enough. You are trying to use a No True Scotsman fallacy to excuse the behavior of Christians.

And as a Christian you cannot honestly deny that the Bible does not support slavery.

Upvote 0

Dorothy Mae

May 26, 2018
Canton south of Germany
✟75,214.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I don't see why that's relevant.
If you were, you’d know why it is relevant. There’s a guy who think if you were a certain article if clothing, it makes you a christian. He isn’t one. No christian would say wearing a certain item or living in the US makes you a believer in Jesus the Christ.

Upvote 0

Dorothy Mae

May 26, 2018
Canton south of Germany
✟75,214.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There open declaration to be Christians is more than enough. You are trying to use a No True Scotsman fallacy to excuse the behavior of Christians.
Incorrect.

But I’ll ask you a question the last atheist refused to answer.

Can a man be good father and rape his daughter?
And as a Christian you cannot honestly deny that the Bible does not support slavery.
Sure I can. The bible doesn’t support slavery. It teaches us to love others as you love yourself. Since we don’t make ourself into slaves, we cannot justify doing that to others.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,916.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
If you were, you’d know why it is relevant. There’s a guy who think if you were a certain article if clothing, it makes you a christian. He isn’t one. No christian would say wearing a certain item or living in the US makes you a believer in Jesus the Christ.

I never said that living in the US makes you a Christian, but during the time of the American Civil War, a large portion of the population of the Confederates states were Christian. That is a historical fact.

• Agree
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

Dorothy Mae

May 26, 2018
Canton south of Germany
✟75,214.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Are you one? What evidence do you have that you are?
I am. All we have here are words. You cannot see me act or anything choices I make. And the evidence I have would be invisible to an atheist. Atheists do not demonstrate an ability to know the difference. An article says it, it must be so is a case in point.

Upvote 0

Dorothy Mae

May 26, 2018
Canton south of Germany
✟75,214.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Dorothy Mae

May 26, 2018
Canton south of Germany
✟75,214.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
... that sentence is confusing to me. Did you read the article I linked?
What do I have that tells me the author knows what he’s talking about and can discern the difference between believer and non-believer?

There are many atheists who think wearing certain items makes one a christian. I mean if that is the measure, it’s hopeless to convey truth.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.