Jul 4, 2013
Reaganomics: TOTAL FAIL
✟9,787.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
bhsmte said:
I didn't use the word dangerous, I said it wasn't healthy. Of course if the water loss gets to a certain point, it can be dangerous.

For athletes especially, losing a lot of water in a short period of time is going to deteriorate performance. Cramping muscles, less fluid to carry essential electrolytes to the muscles and actually less blood volume, which decreases ability to uptake oxygen.

Please note that I specifically wrote "excess" water. No danger whatsoever in losing that at all.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Please note that I specifically wrote "excess" water. No danger whatsoever in losing that at all.

Not too many athletes are carrying around water that is not essential to peak performance, unless they chose to consume meals heavy in sodium.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,204,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Intermittent fasting works due to the simple "calories in/calories out" concept. However, it is easier for some folks to follow.

There are some "insulin implications" to it that do have an effect...However, the weight loss benefits people have from it are still largely due to the caloric deficit that the eating pattern creates....especially when people follow the more aggressive forms of it like 20/4 or 18/6.

• Agree
Reactions: bhsmte
Upvote 0

Hiep

Jan 17, 2020
watertown
✟104,437.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hi friends,:)

For the last couple of months, I've been experimenting with intermittent fasting. In line with this diet philosophy, I've been eating only two heavy meals a day (lunch and dinner), with some beverages in between.

The result: lost two inches off my waist in two months.

I am happy with the progress but am wondering if this progress is too slow. I know people who lose 3 inches in just one month. So are there people with experience in intermittent fasting - do u see it as a lifestyle thing or just a temporary diet to shed fat?

Your thoughts and insights will be appreciated. I still have two more inches to lose in my waist, and I hope Intermittent fasting can help.
I've done similar things, but it was one meal a day. I lose 3 pounds in 5 weeks, but didn't I lose muscles mass.

Upvote 0

Hiep

Jan 17, 2020
watertown
✟104,437.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
People say the problem with aerobics is that it may burn muscle along with fat. So in the end you will lose fat but also muscle and so look unhealthy. Is it true? Is it better to do weights and eat less instead?

Nah, you have to adjust your meal plan with your workout, personally if I'm on a sharp cut, I will try 1.5 grams of protein for lean body mass and take BCAAs as well.

Upvote 0