My Family aren't Christian (entirely..?)

DreamerOfTheHeart

I Am What I Am
Jul 11, 2017
Houston
✟39,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi, I'm Neari. I'm only 15, and I love my family so dearly. I grew up sorta Christian, because my sister raised me to believe in God. But without the Bible in my life, I had no knowledge about Christianity. I didn't even know who Jesus was before! But after my Sis started reading the Bible, I did, and that was about a year ago. I'm still getting to know my Savior better day by day, and trying to rid my self of the 'fleshly' ways that I grew up with. Now, to the point of this, my family (besides sis) aren't (entirely) Christian. My brother is a complete atheist. My mom is Buddhist(maybe?). My other sister and my dad are .. Questionably Christian. They never talk about our Savior, or really pray, or read the Bible at all. I love them, so dearly and it pains me to think that they won't go to Heaven if they continue their secular ways. I really want them to be saved, I hate the thought of them in pain.
:-( Especially, I'm concerned about my Dad. He's been coughing soo much, and he refuses to see a doctor. He cruelly jokes about his death, and I just.. Really, really want him to seek Jesus. When he does, I'll be at peaces when he leaves this world in the future. Please pray that their hearts will be opened .. And they will accept Jesus into their lives. Thank you. ♥

I would be extremely hesitant on judging them as not Christian.

In many modern subcultures, Christianity blends in, but is always present.

If you have just gotten into some church which tells you what scripture says, and you are basing your belief on this new sense of acceptance... I would strongly suggest focusing on the Gospels and considering them directly and for your own self what they say, instead.

One of the biggest take aways from the Gospels is misjudging people. Jesus had many teachings on this, and he lived those teachings as well.

Also, we have a lot our own selves to look at, otherwise, as Jesus taught. So, in such situations, there should be pause. We are also taught in the Gospels that it is unlikely a prophet, and so a true Christian evangelizing, is to be accepted in one's own home.

Upvote 0