Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I know nothing of New Age philosophy.

You don't need to.

You can practice it unintentionally.

For me, it's having God as my reality and what that means and how God is seen, heard and even smelled.

How about read about?

The Right Book I read is Life itSelf.

I prefer the Author of the Bible, to the author of Life itSelf.

It's the ONLY book directly written by the hand of God.

I don't think so, chief.

Within Life, Light shines.

You'd better pray it's the right bulb burning.

You know what happens when you touch an incandescent bulb that's been burning awhile, don't you?

That becomes crystal clear to me when watching the eyes of my grandchild when she is in joy.

Sounds like you know more about that stuff than I.

Academic knowledge -- not experiential knowledge.

We clearly worship different God's of which I feel very blessed.

At least you recognize we're dealing with two different entities.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟733,230.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
You don't need to.

You can practice it unintentionally.
Having God as one's reality either unintentionally or intentionally works for me. That's the bottom line for this lover of God.
How about read about?
Rather than reading about God, I'd rather have God as a direct experience.
I prefer the Author of the Bible, to the author of Life itSelf.
Where we differ is that I find the Author of Life with in Life itSelf, not separate from it sitting on some cloud up in the sky.
I don't think so, chief.
No other book than Life is directly written by God by God's own hand.
You'd better pray it's the right bulb burning.
The Light of Love.
You know what happens when you touch an incandescent bulb that's been burning awhile, don't you?
When that incandescent bulb is God, a persons soul shines like the sun.
You keep bringing your grandchild up, as if she's some kind of amulet or something, and I wish you'd stop that.
Sorry AV. Seeing the Divine is a blessing to be shared. If you don't get that, I feel sorry for you.
Academic knowledge -- not experiential knowledge.
Than you still know way more about New Age stuff than I.
At least you recognize we're dealing with two different entities.
Yes.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Having God as one's reality either unintentionally or intentionally works for me.

One has to get Him first; by doing it His way.

And anyone can claim they "have God."

The big question is: Does God have you?

That's the bottom line for this lover of God.

Hell is full of those who claimed they loved God.

Rather than reading about God, I'd rather have God as a direct experience.

You'd better have something to compare those experiences to.

Going into eternity without a Written Guarantee will have serious and permanent consequences.

Where we differ is that I find the Author of Life with in Life itSelf,

Doing what?

Knocking at your heart's door wanting in?

... not separate from it sitting on some cloud up in the sky.

God has documented things He's done with clouds than you'll ever find written in any science book.

No other book than Life is directly written by God by God's own hand.

God wrote four things in His own handwriting:

• The Ten Commandments twice.
  • The writing on the wall at Belshazzar's feast.
  • On the ground with His finger.
The Light of Love.

What color is it?

Purple?

When that incandescent bulb is God, a persons soul shines like the sun.

I don't know if you saw that special on NBC (?) back in the 70s, hosted by, I think it was Bill Bixby.

The special documentary invited ten (?) of the world's best supernaturalists and tested them on stage.

Every one failed miserably.

But to test what you just said, they would put ten people behind ten walls and tell you which of the ten walls you could see light behind.

Say you picked walls 3, 5, and 8.

Then they would drop the walls and there would be no one behind them.

Bill Bixby could rake you over the coals for that -- on national television.

Sorry AV. Seeing the Divine is a blessing to be shared.

Someday I'll have the privilege to do just that.

And I pray you'll have that privilege as well.

If you don't get that, I feel sorry for you.

You'll have to feel sorry for me then.

It's better than God feeling sorry for me.

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟733,230.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
Someday I'll have the privilege to do just that.

And I pray you'll have that privilege as well.
I have that privilege right now. But it's a blessing that somehow you have told me not to bring up for some reason.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have that privilege right now. But it's a blessing that somehow you have told me not to bring up for some reason.

Skip it.

I apologize for that.

That was mean of me.

• Friendly
Reactions: dlamberth
Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟107,144.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As was I.
Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will never pass away.

Lift up your eyes to the heavens, and look at the earth below; for the heavens will vanish like smoke, the earth will wear out like a garment,

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟733,230.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will never pass away.

Lift up your eyes to the heavens, and look at the earth below; for the heavens will vanish like smoke, the earth will wear out like a garment,
While lifting our hearts to heavens, it is the Earth we live on and where God becomes a reality in our lives. We can live with one foot in heaven and the other on the Earth. We're pretty special in that way. The Earth also is where God (being a Creator) is forever creating new life forms through the avenue of change.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟107,144.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
While lifting our hearts to heavens, it is the Earth we live on and where God becomes a reality in our lives. We can live with one foot in heaven and the other on the Earth. We're pretty special in that way. The Earth also is where God (being a Creator) is forever creating new life forms through the avenue of change.
Then God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it, because on that day He rested from all the work of creation that He had accomplished.

i agree that at this time we are both an Adam and a Christ ... but this duality He also brings to an end ...

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟315,079.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
My point is since death only came into the world once Adam sinned, all those things before Adam would have had to have lived for how many millions of years?
That’s fine but that’s not what you said. That things evolve does not imply death. The necessary increase in entropy implies death (loosely) but not evolution in a biological sense.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟315,079.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Children are now taught all life came from “ evolution” as opposed To “ creation”
its Time that statement was analyzed.
Children are not taught that because that is not what ToE says. Life did not come from evolution.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟315,079.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
It’s a cultural thing . Londoners think they alone speak for U.K and that anyone who lives north of Watford is a northerner that lives in a mud hut, whose voice does not count!
But We are proud to be northern!

We here in’t north think the national anthem needs the last verse putting back!

"Lord grant that Marshal Wade, May by thy mighty aid, Victory bring. May he sedition hush, And like a torrent rush, Rebellious Scots to crush, God Save the King!!
Even the Romans could not civilize the Scot’s. Built Hadrians wall to keep them out,

We live in the place between.
Which is most of it!
I was born and bred in the South but moved to Liverpool about seven years ago. I’m much happier in the North.

Nicer people on average.

Reactions: Mountainmike
Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟107,144.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you have any evidence of that?
because in Him were created all things in the heavens and upon the earth, the visible and the invisible, whether thrones or lordships or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through Him and unto Him. And He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.

Upvote 0

Mountainmike

Site Supporter
Nov 2, 2016
Northern uk
✟561,189.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Children are not taught that because that is not what ToE says. Life did not come from evolution.
It’s the problem I have identified a dozen times over.

There is no single theory of evolution, ToE , indeed some of what is called a theory isn’t in scientific terms. Evolution is a mixture of a few theories , some hypothesis all joined with a big dollup of conjecture.
So Called chemical evolution may or may not be Abiogenesis, which may be an event or a gradual slide into life.
The definitions are changed to suit the latest atheist / humanist / materialist misrepresentation of origin of life.

I didn’t make the false dichotomies of creation vs evolution( sometimes misrepresented as origin of life ) or science vs faith.
But the very dichotomy of evolution set against creation by definition implies start of life too.

I can tell you a lot of kids echo them , who got it from somewhere! Someone taught them nonsense, Which led to my post.

Meanwhile the bottom line:
1/ nobody has any evidence of when where or how abiogenesis “ first life “ happened. It cannot be repeated and doesn’t repeat , there is no postulated structure for it, ( which is the only other way into science) so it is not even a valid hypothesis. There is nothing to test. So Not even a hypothesis. That’s the voice of science.

2/ by the very definition of life used by such as NASA and Harvard “ self sustaining, capable of Darwinian evolution” life is irreducibly complex!!
A forbidden word , but provably true as consequence of definitions ( argue with them not me)

3/ since we don’t know what first life structure was, nobody has a clue on what the building blocks were that came together or whether they existed . Brick buildings need bricks. Wooden houses need wood!
So Miller Urey was a complete red herring! Decide a structure first, then . You know what bricks to look for!

4/ from the unknown structure of the first life, with unknown genome, nobody has a clue about how it developed to the simplest cells we know today which are horrendously complex In chemical terms. No known steps on the way.

So origin and evolution of life is a complete BLANK at cell level! There is nothing. Nada . Zilch.
Everyone admits RNA world is a non starter as a realistic first life structure, but it’s just the least worst option.
The only game in town.

5/ If you look out the window most of what you see, from garden plants, crops, trees, domestic animals and farm animals are all product of intelligent design by man! Man did what he does best. Noticed patterns and used them! ( another forbidden word) so yes “evolution” exists ( as in using observed genetics to breed longer legs)
But that is only one meaning for an overused word.

6/ so what wins the evidence war ? Easy. creation.
recently Living heart tissue from bread in eucharistic miracles.
Score creation 5 abiogenesis 0

Disproving Darwin’s theory too by the failure criteria he defined ( his was progressive small change) .

Last edited:
Reactions: carloagal
Upvote 0

Astrophile

Aug 30, 2013
England
✟234,084.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Widowed
It’s a cultural thing . Londoners think they alone speak for U.K and that anyone who lives north of Watford is a northerner that lives in a mud hut, whose voice does not count!
But We are proud to be northern!

We here in’t north think the national anthem needs the last verse putting back!

"Lord grant that Marshal Wade, May by thy mighty aid, Victory bring. May he sedition hush, And like a torrent rush, Rebellious Scots to crush, God Save the King!!
Even the Romans could not civilize the Scot’s. Built Hadrians wall to keep them out,

We live in the place between.
Which is most of it!
As you say, it's a cultural thing. As it happens, I live in Hertfordshire (north of Watford), which I suppose by your reckoning is nearly London. However, I spent four years at a Scottish university, I have Scottish relatives, and I have visited the Hebrides and Cape Wrath. I suspect that a lot of people in Edinburgh (a fine city) and Aberdeen think that anybody who lives south of the Tweed is an effeminate sybarite who lives in a centrally heated mansion and won't go out of doors if it's raining.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.