Single
Where are you at in terms of faith:
1. Atheist
2. Agnostic
3. General belief in God
4. General belief in Jesus
5. Personal faith in Jesus & His death & resurrection for forgiveness
6. Living out a personal faith in Jesus connected with a church & serving God

A covenant is a commitment like a contract. Covenants in the bible define how God relates to us & how he wants us to relate to Him. God NEVER breaks his side of covenants, but we do. The amazing thing about what he has done for us in Jesus is that Jesus became flesh (human) & made a covenant with God on our behalf. This is called the New Covenant & the New Testament in the bible is about this. The previous covenant was based on law & obedience to laws. People were blessed if they obeyed the law. This New Covenant is based on grace (from God) & faith (from our side). We are blessed because of Jesus obedience.

Choice speaks of a deliberate positive action. When a person chooses a spouse, the spouse is not just along for the ride. There is wanting the spouse, desire, privilege, being set apart.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Firewater

Regular Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2009
✟24,698.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Well it lines up with scripture. You just have to discern whether it was God or not. How would you go about doing this?

And if it was the Lord, what is He wanting you to receive thru what He said? Why would He tell you this?

More questions than answers :)

Upvote 0

mlp

Mar 26, 2011
✟15,145.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I was serving god with all my heart and soul seven years ago. One night I was sleeping and words were whispered in my ears.

This is what I heard "you are only with god for a season"

At that time I had only been with god for a season shortly thereafter it was as the voice had whispered . I had lost the relationship that I had with god. So as you can imagine the defeat that I have felt for the last seven years. Now i hope and believe that god really spoke these words to me. So I can resume the relationship that I had before the whisper. I hope this makes since to you.

Upvote 0

Firewater

Regular Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2009
✟24,698.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
If a person has turned from living their life their own way, trusted in Jesus death & resurrection for forgiveness & received Him as Savior & Lord, they become a child of God. (John 1:12). You might have wondered from the Lord's home, but you were still His child through that time ie still in relationship - father-son. When a person believes in God they are sealed with His spirit forever

John 14:16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.

Ephesians 1:13 And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, 14 who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession[/I—to the praise of his glory.

If you go to buy something at a shop & put down a deposit, the shop-keeper knows you are going to be back. How much more so with God - a covenant-keeper.

So what was whispered to you previously (you are only with god for a season) was a lie.

Our faith needs to be anchored in something solid that doesn't change - something objective. That's the Word of God - the bible. Subjectively we may or may not hear things from God. If we are relying on subjective experience for our relationship with God, it will be difficult for us to feel secure.

What I almost pasted in my first response, but I chickened-out, (Sorry Lord) was this:
2 Timothy 2:13
if we are faithless, he remains faithful, for he cannot disown himself.

So I would encourage you to get back on the faith bike & put your feet on the pedals of the written word of God - the bible & allow the Lord to steer your journey.

He may speak to you in subjective ways but it should never discount your relationship with Him. That is secure forever.

Are you going to a church? Having other believers around helps us stay on track.

Last edited:
Reactions: mlp
Upvote 0

Firewater

Regular Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2009
✟24,698.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Praying that you can find a church home where the bible is faithfully preached & God's love is manifest. Some churches have a shorter early morning service that would give you the rest of the say, or an evening service so you miss less of the daylight hours.

Did the other things I said make sense?

Upvote 0

ChrisLeishy

The beginning of wisdom-knowing you know nothing
Aug 2, 2010
Aust
✟8,092.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
AU-Greens
mlp I think God speaks best in quiet times. To me that sounds like a dream of reassurance. It may be part of another message you get later. One day soon you may have to make decision and those words will come to mind.

Upvote 0
Mar 23, 2011
✟15,189.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
MLP

G-d is the G-d of Covenants, He keeps them entirely.

I once had a similar dream. I was waiting to get on an elevator, there was a book on a table by the elevator door and the cover said Covenant.

Next I looked down and saw the book was in my hand and I was on the elevator going up.

At the time I was in a 40 day fast and this was one of seven dreams I had during that time.

When we give ownership of our heart, our mind and our life to G-d, that is entering into a Covenant relationship with Him. For me, the dream I had was that G-d had made Covenant with me, my heart was and is completely for Him.

I am thinking that if you have returned your heart to G-d, He is telling you that you are His, and thus you know to whom it is you belong :)

So now move forward with Him. He loves you and His mercies endure forever.
Blessings

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
From the history you describe, it sounds like God is giving you a reassurance that He wants you, accepts you, and expects you to take on a confidence that will make you functional in His kingdom.

It is easy to get dragged down by doubt and fear, especially if you'd had a low time. But God is clearly not looking at the seven years -- He is looking at your future with Him.

The voice you heard years ago might/might not have been a good thing. We have to recognize that the Enemy lurks and wants to drag us down, and discouragement is such a powerful weapon against us living fully in ministry and wholeness.

But I have had some words I concluded must have been from harassing spirits, because they seemed negative. One time I heard, "You will gain 40 pounds." Eek, what was that about. Shortly after, I found out I was pregnant. :doh:

The Old Testament has some examples of negatives being used for longer term positive results. I think there are even times when God knows we will go through trials and traumas so difficult that our minds will naturally lean toward lack of faith.

But God can see the bigger picture, and knows your heart. He can alert you to valleys where everything will seem dark and confusing... and He does not panic when we react with weakness. He knows if we have the potential to come out of it.

Reactions: mlp
Upvote 0

kimmiemae

follower of Yeshua
Mar 26, 2011
✟9,376.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Have you or anyone in your family been associated with or a member of any of the Masons, wicca, occult, church of satan?

Some people are literally given to these organizations and spirits seek for who has been dedicated. Witches or Satanists have covens where there are rituals and sometimes babies are dedicated to their god (little "g" intended).

I know a minister that can answer questions. Go to cwlinc.com and there is an email and phone number on the site that you can contact for further answers. In the mean time, pray protection over yourself and your spouse or children in the name of JESUS. Amen.

Upvote 0