Bungle_Bear

Whoot!
Mar 6, 2011
✟254,540.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
That advice led to the Sarin attacks on Tokyo years ago.

Remember Shoko Asahara, who wanted to worship Shiva in aumshinri kyo ("pure truth")?
Asahara also declared himself to be Christ and the Lamb of God. He could take upon himself the sins of the world and save his followers. He also believed the world would end in a nuclear Armageddon, an idea borrowed from Revelation. Christianity is obviously dangerous.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,673.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
When you resort to flat out lies, you discredit yourself. So dont do it please.
You're quick with those resorts, aren't you?
Mr Laurier said:
No. i dont.
QV please:
On March 20, 1995, members of Aum Shinrikyo attacked the Tokyo subway with the nerve agent sarin. Thirteen people died and thousands more suffered ill effects. After finding sufficient evidence, authorities accused Aum Shinrikyo of complicity in the attack, as well as in a number of smaller-scale incidents. Dozens of disciples were arrested, Aum's facilities were raided, and the court issued an order for Asahara's arrest. In the following months, a general attitude to perceive new religions and cults as a potential danger for the whole society spread among the Japanese people.

SOURCE

Still think it's a flat out lie?

Still want me to start leaving offerings of milk and flowers to Shiva?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,673.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Asahara also declared himself to be Christ and the Lamb of God.
Shoko viewed Shiva as the "god of destruction," and wanted to worship him in supreme truth "aum shinrikyo."

Thus the attacks.

He was probably fed up with people giving Shiva milk and flowers, and wanted the people to see Shiva as he saw him -- the god of destruction.

Not some god sitting around saying "feed me."

Upvote 0

Bungle_Bear

Whoot!
Mar 6, 2011
✟254,540.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Shoko viewed Shiva as the "god of destruction," and wanted to worship him in supreme truth "aum shinrikyo."

Thus the attacks.

He was probably fed up with people giving Shiva milk and flowers, and wanted the people to see Shiva as he saw him -- the god of destruction.

Not some god sitting around saying "feed me."
He took a lot from the bible, too. As I said (and you have completely ignored), he called himself "Christ" and "the Lamb of God" and promoted an Armageddon-like end of the world. Seems you need to be looking a lot closer to home for much of his thinking.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,673.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
He took a lot from the bible, too. As I said (and you have completely ignored), he called himself "Christ" and "the Lamb of God" and promoted an Armageddon-like end of the world. Seems you need to be looking a lot closer to home for much of his thinking.
I realize you want to cross-wires to Christianity ... but it keeps you from understanding.

Shoko gassed Tokyo WITH RESPECT TO Shiva.

The Crusaders* tried to liberate Jerusalem from the gentiles IN SPITE OF the Bible.

* Or whomever it is you're referring to.

Par for the course for academia.

I try my best to give specific names, events, dates, places, etc., while academia is as vague as trying to read a newspaper through a translucent window.

Upvote 0

Bungle_Bear

Whoot!
Mar 6, 2011
✟254,540.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
I realize you want to cross-wires to Christianity ... but it keeps you from understanding.

Shoko gassed Tokyo WITH RESPECT TO Shiva.

The Crusaders* tried to liberate Jerusalem from the gentiles IN SPITE OF the Bible.

* Or whomever it is you're referring to.

Par for the course for academia.

I try my best to give specific names, events, dates, places, etc., while academia is as vague as trying to read a newspaper through a translucent window.
I realize you want to cross-wires to Hinduism....... but it keeps you from understanding.

Shoko gassed Tokyo IN SPITE OF the vedas.

Shoko was obsessed with biblical prophecy and certain aspects of Christianity. The beliefs of Aum Shinrikyo were developed WITH RESPECT TO the bible.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,673.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I realize you want to cross-wires to Hinduism....... but it keeps you from understanding.

Shoko gassed Tokyo IN SPITE OF the vedas.

Shoko was obsessed with biblical prophecy and certain aspects of Christianity. The beliefs of Aum Shinrikyo were developed WITH RESPECT TO the bible.
You're entitled to your opinion.

Thanks for the QED.

Upvote 0

Mr Laurier

Mar 26, 2021
Georgian Bay/Bruce Peninsula
✟31,584.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
You're quick with those resorts, aren't you?
Not at all.

A link that fails to support your claim.
Attempting to equate a christan fanatic with Hinduism.
Congratulations. Go bandage your foot

Still think it's a flat out lie?
Yes. I do.

Still want me to start leaving offerings of milk and flowers to Shiva?
Again, its not a question of what I want. Please stop trying to appeal to my ego. It only makes you look sad and pathetic.

Upvote 0

Mr Laurier

Mar 26, 2021
Georgian Bay/Bruce Peninsula
✟31,584.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
If so then he was wrong.
Hindu mythology makes clear that Shiva is the god of the creation. Not of destruction.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,673.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If so then he was wrong.
Yup.
Mr Laurier said:
Hindu mythology makes clear that Shiva is the god of the creation. Not of destruction.
QV please:

"Shiva is represented in a variety of forms: in a pacific mood with his consort Parvati and son Skanda, as the cosmic dancer (Nataraja), as a naked ascetic, as a mendicant beggar, as a yogi, as a Dalit (formerly called untouchable) accompanied by a dog (Bhairava), and as the androgynous union of Shiva and his consort in one body, half-male and half-female (Ardhanarishvara). He is both the great ascetic and the master of fertility, and he is the master of both poison and medicine, through his ambivalent power over snakes. As Lord of Cattle (Pashupata), he is the benevolent herdsman—or, at times, the merciless slaughterer of the “beasts” that are the human souls in his care. Although some of the combinations of roles may be explained by Shiva’s identification with earlier mythological figures, they arise primarily from a tendency in Hinduism to see complementary qualities in a single ambiguous figure."

SOURCE

This is what happens when a fallen angel (calling himself "Shiva") goes around and acts like everything from a beggar to a "merciless slaughterer of the beasts that are the human souls in his care."

Side note: Beasts? human souls? hmmm sounds like something that is taught in our schools.

Anyway, Shoko was willing to take his pick of this Heinz-57 person, and walk his talk with it.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,673.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And do you not see that "to lengthen by pulling" fits in the category of "change from a smaller form and/or size to a larger one"?
Yes.

Do you not see that "pulling" fits in the category of being outside the universe's radius?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bungle_Bear

Whoot!
Mar 6, 2011
✟254,540.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Yup.QV please:

"Shiva is represented in a variety of forms: in a pacific mood with his consort Parvati and son Skanda, as the cosmic dancer (Nataraja), as a naked ascetic, as a mendicant beggar, as a yogi, as a Dalit (formerly called untouchable) accompanied by a dog (Bhairava), and as the androgynous union of Shiva and his consort in one body, half-male and half-female (Ardhanarishvara). He is both the great ascetic and the master of fertility, and he is the master of both poison and medicine, through his ambivalent power over snakes. As Lord of Cattle (Pashupata), he is the benevolent herdsman—or, at times, the merciless slaughterer of the “beasts” that are the human souls in his care. Although some of the combinations of roles may be explained by Shiva’s identification with earlier mythological figures, they arise primarily from a tendency in Hinduism to see complementary qualities in a single ambiguous figure."

SOURCE

This is what happens when a fallen angel (calling himself "Shiva") goes around and acts like everything from a beggar to a "merciless slaughterer of the beasts that are the human souls in his care."

Side note: Beasts? human souls? hmmm sounds like something that is taught in our schools.

Anyway, Shoko was willing to take his pick of this Heinz-57 person, and walk his talk with it.
Likewise with the biblical influences on his beliefs. You really do have a blinkered view, don't you?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,673.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You really do have a blinkered view, don't you?
Who's more "blinkered"?

Me? or the one who said this?
If you think that's an accurate assessment he made, then please, by all means, consider my view "blinkered."

Had I not chimed in with my "blinkered views," I believe he would have gotten away with that statement.

Because I certainly don't think you would have said anything to him.

Upvote 0

Bungle_Bear

Whoot!
Mar 6, 2011
✟254,540.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Who's more "blinkered"?

Me? or the one who said this?If you think that's an accurate assessment he made, then please, by all means, consider my view "blinkered."

Had I not chimed in with my "blinkered views," I believe he would have gotten away with that statement.

Because I certainly don't think you would have said anything to him.
My point is that you completely ignore all the negative aspects of Shoko Asahara's beliefs that he took from the bible, and those were far more influential than his choice of Shiva as god of destruction.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,673.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My point is that you completely ignore all the negative aspects of Shoko Asahara's beliefs that he took from the bible,
Post 65 please.

We're past that.
Bungle_Bear said:
... and those were far more influential than his choice of Shiva as god of destruction.
I'm addressing the issue that Shiva is the "god of the creation, not the god of destruction."

Care to support me against this blinkered errant view?

Upvote 0

Bungle_Bear

Whoot!
Mar 6, 2011
✟254,540.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Post 65 please.
As I pointed out in my response, the attack was carried out with respect to the bible and you handwaved that away.
We're past that.I'm addressing the issue that Shiva is the "god of the creation, not the god of destruction."

Care to support me against this blinkered errant view?
We can worry about that when you have adequately addressed the far stronger links in Shoko Asahara's beliefs to the bible.

Upvote 0