A non "-ist"
Jun 23, 2014
✟177,244.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Just philosophy.
.. and yet religions are critically dependent on the products of philosophy?
(Whereas science detects and isolates them .. and proceeds with its business by treating philosophically held beliefs with indifference).

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,519.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Only because you say so ... (and not much else).
Should I keep quiet about it when someone asks how all those animals could fit aboard the Ark?

Or should I keep quiet about it when someone says all those animals couldn't have fit aboard the Ark?

Upvote 0

SelfSim

A non "-ist"
Jun 23, 2014
✟177,244.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Should I keep quiet about it when someone asks how all those animals could fit aboard the Ark?

Or should I keep quiet about it when someone says all those animals couldn't have fit aboard the Ark?
Depends on your reason for putting yourself in the situation of having to provide an answer to the question in the first place, I suppose.

An honest 'I don't know' is probably the answer enquiring minds are seeking .. you can't rule out the possibility the question is aimed at probing your honesty (and thus your credibility).

• Agree
Reactions: tyke
Upvote 0

sjastro

May 14, 2014
✟277,840.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Depends on your reason for putting yourself in the situation of having to provide an answer to the question in the first place, I suppose.

An honest 'I don't know' is probably the answer enquiring minds are seeking .. you can't rule out the possibility the question is aimed at probing your honesty (and thus your credibility).
I'd say he has been watching too many episodes of Dr Who.............

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,519.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

But let me ask you this:

Knowing that there are eleven dimensions of space ... or even thinking there may be ... why would someone ask how all the animals fit aboard the Ark?

A more potent question:

Knowing (or suspecting) there are more than three dimensions of space, wouldn't it be disingenuous to say x,y, or z couldn't fit aboard the Ark?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,519.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'd say he has been watching too many episodes of Dr Who.............
Yes .. I suppose the Doctor's phone booth is the vital key(?)
I don't need Dr Who to figure this one out.

Albeit God gets the credit for opening my eyes to the fact that even scientists believe in more than three dimensions.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟245,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Knowing that there are eleven dimensions of space ... or even thinking there may be ... why would someone ask how all the animals fit aboard the Ark?

Knowing that there is an omnipotent God involved, why would someone ask how all the animals fit aboard the ark? All you need is magic.

Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟991,340.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
Are you granting that three dimensions is not enough?
I think he's trying to explain that, if space is so big, why couldn't you stick a couple of elephants in the gaps between sub-atomic particles. By utilising this wasted space AV can fit anything and everything into the Ark.

I think he's come up with a brilliant hypothesis. :)
OB

• Haha
Reactions: Belk
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,519.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Are you granting that three dimensions is not enough?
I'm not sure, to be honest.

But for those who swear by the town clock that three dimensions aren't, I would like to introduce them to what string theory can do for them.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,519.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Knowing that there is an omnipotent God involved, why would someone ask how all the animals fit aboard the ark?
Good question.

And for those who avoid the question mark like the plague and just affirm that all those animals couldn't possibly do so ... well ... I have to disagree with them.

Wouldn't you?

• Agree
Reactions: Yttrium
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,519.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I think he's trying to explain that, if space is so big, why couldn't you stick a couple of elephants in the gaps between sub-atomic particles. By utilising this wasted space AV can fit anything and everything into the Ark.

I think he's come up with a brilliant hypothesis. :)
OB
Amen! Thank you!

I give God the credit though.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.