My childhood. Is there an orthodox concept?

KisKatte

Jesus, send us your Holy Spirit.
Feb 1, 2020
Karlsruhe
✟53,237.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
Halo. My childhood was horrible.

I read not long time ago that a young woman wrote to a priest that her mother argues with her and insulates her without any reason so intensively and aggressive and so often that she is even too stressed to get a job. My mother was even worse. The priest seemed to understand that something is going wrong. But this is not my experience. My experience is that the church completely ignores EVIL in this world. Such people you need to be protected from. Energy destroyers I call them. But the church does not even know such words.

Really is there an orthodox concept of how people should treat each other ? Should be yes in the new testament. But I believe priests should be aware of such people and situations.

lsume

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2017
Florida
✟417,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Halo. My childhood was horrible.

I read not long time ago that a young woman wrote to a priest that her mother argues with her and insulates her without any reason so intensively and aggressive and so often that she is even too stressed to get a job. My mother was even worse. The priest seemed to understand that something is going wrong. But this is not my experience. My experience is that the church completely ignores EVIL in this world. Such people you need to be protected from. Energy destroyers I call them. But the church does not even know such words.

Really is there an orthodox concept of how people should treat each other ? Should be yes in the new testament. But I believe priests should be aware of such people and situations.
As I recall, Christ teaches us to do unto others as we would have them do unto us. I think that’s what some people call the golden rule. You are correct about evil in man. God’s Word makes that truth very clear. Christ teaches us to bless those that curse you and pray for them that despitefully use you.
Luke.6
  1. [28] Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.

Upvote 0

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟754,983.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
We should realize a major petition in the Lord’s Prayer ( Matthew 6:9-15) involves delivering “us” ( ourself & everyone else) from evil. The Lord’s conclusion to His prayer are that we must forgive to be forgiven which is lived out in the golden rule ( Matthew 7:12). This is in accordance to love of God & neighbor ( Matthew 22:36-40).

This is easier said by those of us who endure less tribulations than others of course.

Upvote 0