✟18,881.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Hey all,
One of my cats from outside, Twinkie, came up today from being gone a day and a half. He is so skinny now and he acts as if he cannot walk straight. His front legs look fine, but his back legs seem a little wobbly. He doesn't have any injuries... I have looked him over thoroughly, but he is just acting strange now. He just lies around. Does anyone know what could possibly be wrong with him? I'm so scared for him. Maybe he ate something that made him sick? He is inside with me now asleep in the recliner. He followed me in the door, which is something he never does. I think I'm going to take him to the vet in the morning, but was wondering if anyone might have an idea of what is wrong with him. Any reply is welcome! Thanks! :prayer:

Jennie726

Blessed Mommy & Wife
Feb 20, 2006
Alabama, USA
✟18,881.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
No, he hasn't vomitted at all. I don't know about bowel movements. I haven't seen him go yet. All he is doing is sleeping. I get up and walk to the other room and he will follow me every time. He looks ok because he has no injuries, but I wish I knew why he is walking funny.

Upvote 0

BlondieLashes

Finally a butterfly...
Aug 1, 2005
Standing right behind you! ;)
✟19,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I work at a vet hospital (although I am out on maternity leave). You need to get him into the vet as soon as possible! Anytime a cat is gone like that you have no idea what they have been exposed to! It could be any one of a number of things - and then again he could be fine- but please don't wait to take him in. He may need treatment right away or at least some fluids if he got too hungry and dehydrated!

Let us know what happens with him!

Upvote 0

StromRider

Feb 25, 2005
North Lauderdale, FL
✟129,464.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Just before christmas our cat of 10 years started walking like he had a problem with his back legs and would cry whenever he moved.

We took him to the vet who said his bladder was gone and surgery might fix him or might not.

So the wife opted to have him put to sleep :cry: We had tried to save our first cat years ago after he was hit by car and all it did was extend his life for a couple of weeks and keep him in misery. This was for the better.

Hopefully your cats problem isn't that serious, but be prepared....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brink

Legend
Mar 27, 2006
south africa
✟8,933.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jennie726 said:
No, he hasn't vomitted at all. I don't know about bowel movements. I haven't seen him go yet. All he is doing is sleeping. I get up and walk to the other room and he will follow me every time. He looks ok because he has no injuries, but I wish I knew why he is walking funny.
my sister's cat walks funny too,because her back legs are too long.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.