Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Oh, AV, how do you expect me to take your arguments seriously when you can't even keep them straight?
I beg your pardon?

Revelation 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

If you think my arguments aren't straight, maybe you should spend more time here.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2012
✟120,483.00
Faith
Atheist
I can just see a submarine ....
A submarine fantasy irrelevant to the physical problems with an ark on a real ocean.

Justatruthseeker said an article stated that the ark "dimensions are perfect for seaworthiness". That is wrong.
What the article actually stated was that the ark could contain (without food, etc.) the currently known number of species and would sink if the estimated number of species were packed into it.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2012
✟120,483.00
Faith
Atheist
God doesn't create ex nihilo anymore.
24 July 2018 AV1611VET: Destroys the flood & ark story by making it impossible for God to create the flood waters and then remove them!

I have seen some ignorant and even deluded stories about the water appearing and disappearing magically (as in not by God's miracles) e.g. tectonic shifting magic.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2012
✟120,483.00
Faith
Atheist
It would survive, that's why Salomon was smart enough to use it for temple construction.
24 July 2018 Justatruthseeker: Supports the physically vulnerable ark with a possibly non-existent Solomon's Temple built of cedar and olive-wood!
This is Solomon's Temple. There is no archaeological evidence that it existed but archaeology is limited due to religious and political restrictions. The problem is that it is only mentioned in the Bible which is strange for a major building in a capital city of a large kingdom.

If Solomon built a temple, he would have used cedar for the same reason that others used it - as wall decoration or roofing that is resistant to rot and insects . Cedar is not regarded as architectural.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
RC, would you please explain this post to me?

24 July 2018 AV1611VET: Destroys the flood & ark story by making it impossible for God to create the flood waters and then remove them!

I have seen some ignorant and even deluded stories about the water appearing and disappearing magically (as in not by God's miracles) e.g. tectonic shifting magic.
I have no idea what you said.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
His posting style is like nothing I've ever seen. :eek:
Sadly, the forum is full of such posting....... but protected by rules against revealing that. Thus, a lot more than anyone usually notices. (even after they are alerted, most people never realize what is going on in all the threads overall generally.... it is as bad or even worse than the world outside)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Heissonear

Geochemist and Stratigrapher
Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2011
Lake Conroe
✟179,142.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If the Ark story is true as documented:

1. What made it seaworthy?

2. How did all those animals fit on it?

3. How did all those animals get to the Ark?

4. What did all those animals eat for a year?

5. How did all those animals get back to their respective ecological niches?

6. Where is the Ark today?

7. Shouldn't we all be inbred depressed?
In relation to modern science all items you list except maybe #7 would be physically impossible.

You know, since physically impossible each item would need to be above the natural in order to be done; the God of the Bible would need to step in and exercise His ability. Something that science cannot determine had occurred in such said Ark Challenge list of items. Science has a pitfall in inability to determine if such is true: if iit really happened.

• Agree
Reactions: AV1611VET
Upvote 0

Justatruthseeker

Site Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Tulsa, OK USA
✟155,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
A submarine fantasy irrelevant to the physical problems with an ark on a real ocean.

Justatruthseeker said an article stated that the ark "dimensions are perfect for seaworthiness". That is wrong.
What the article actually stated was that the ark could contain (without food, etc.) the currently known number of species and would sink if the estimated number of species were packed into it.
I never stated that an article said that the ark dimensions are perfect for seaworthiness!!!!! You can't even get fact straight, let alone reality...

"Most likely it was built of Lebanon cedar with Tabor oak framing. But what really made it seaworthy is its dimensions are perfect for seaworthyness."

No mention of any article, just my own opinion. Notice the "Most likely" prefacing the entire statement. Usually a dead giveaway someone is about to voice an opinion..... At least get the reality you claim to be checking correct first.....

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Justatruthseeker

Site Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Tulsa, OK USA
✟155,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
RC, would you please explain this post to me?

He's trying to imply that water must have magically appeared and disappeared because the world's oceans do not contain enough water. I've fact checked him on this issue before, and here he is still regurgitating garbage... Because as we all know, garbage is all RC has.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/next/e...r-holds-three-times-much-water-earths-oceans/

"Earth is a jewel of the solar system, painted blue by the vast oceans that hold the majority of our planet’s water—or so we thought. Most of Earth’s water, according to a new study, may actually be locked in a reservoir 400 miles underground."

RC still thinks that.

"So Jacobsen and his team went looking for dampness lurking deep underground by monitoring the seismic waves generated by earthquakes. Because the velocity of these waves changes depending on what kind of material they’re passing through—like, for example, if a mineral is wet or dry—measuring that speed can give geologists a map of what’s below the Earth’s surface."

"If all the ringwoodite in the transition zone is as damp as the samples that Jacobsen and his team detected, that layer would hold three times as much water as all of the Earth’s oceans combined, reducing their share from 96.5% of all known water to a relatively paltry 24.8%. In other words, the ringwoodite discovery could quadruple the amount of water found on Earth. A blue planet, indeed."

RC simply has a problem with the reality he is supposed to check. He just never checks reality before he speaks....

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...arths-oceans-located/articleshow/36493512.cms

So now people should understand the ummm, reality, where the fountains of the deep bursting forth came from.....

Reactions: Heissonear
Upvote 0

Justatruthseeker

Site Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Tulsa, OK USA
✟155,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
In relation to modern science all items you list except maybe #7 would be physically impossible.

You know, since physically impossible each item would need to be above the natural in order to be done; the God of the Bible would need to step in and exercise His ability. Something that science cannot determine had occurred in such said Ark Challenge list of items. Science has a pitfall in inability to determine if such is true: if iit really happened.
You have offered no reasoning for why any would be physically impossible.

Mere unsubstantiated claim - dismissed.

https://www.christianforums.com/threads/my-ark-challenge.8068320/page-13#post-72951035

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2012
✟120,483.00
Faith
Atheist
My post is simple enough for English speaking people with knowledge about the Earth to understand.

You ruled out God as a source and sink for flood waters.

That flood water must have come from somewhere. That flood water must have gone somewhere. There are no credible physical sources or sinks.

That leaves no flood and thus no ark :doh:!

• Agree
Reactions: tyke
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

That is soooo true, bro! :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You ruled out God as a source and sink for flood waters.
If I did, it was unintentional.
RealityCheck01 said:
That flood water must have come from somewhere.
It most certainly did.

When God created First Heaven in Genesis, we read:

Genesis 1:7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.

Two questions:

1. Why didn't God just create the atmosphere above all the water? why did He go underneath the surface of the ocean and shear off a layer?

2. Where did all that water "which were above the firmament" go?
RealityCheck01 said:
That flood water must have gone somewhere. There are no credible physical sources or sinks.
Yes ... it went out into space, then came back later in Noah's time.

Have you ever heard of the Water Canopy Theory?

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2012
✟120,483.00
Faith
Atheist
I never stated that an article said that the ark dimensions are perfect for seaworthiness!!!!!]
You wrote
But what really made it seaworthy is its dimensions are perfect for seaworthyness.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/could-noahs-ark-float-theory-yes-180950385/
An assertion followed by a source is an assertion about that source. You cited a source that showed the ark would sink if loaded with the estimated number of species.

I missed out the "It can't be overturned or sunk." assertion followed by an idiot in a YouTube video trying to sink what looks like a fully watertight (maybe even airtight!) "ark" model. They may even have a solid "ark" :eek: !

Real wooden ships can sink if they are "pushed" (as in that video) so that they are low enough that water is above their gunwales.
Real wooden ships stay afloat when occasional waves crash over them because they have scuppers but can sink if waves crash over them so frequently that the scuppers cannot drain the water.
Real wooden ships have hatches, etc. on their decks to allow access to their interior. These are fairly waterproof when shut but crew move about. Thus the need for bilge pumps to remove water that accumulates.
Real wooden ships float in real oceans where waves can break their backs or twist them so that their planks part and water leaks in. Thus the need for bilge pumps to remove water that accumulates.

The largest wooden ship (not far short of the size of the hypothetical ark) ever built leaked during its lifetime and foundered with all hands.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.