My Ark Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 15, 2012
✟120,483.00
Faith
Atheist
Would it be too much to ask RealityCheck to give us RealityCheck's answers?
Would is be too much for you to actually read my posts?
14 June 2018 AV1611VET:As other posters have pointed out the answer to most of your questions is magic
And other posts repeat that point.
19 June 2018 AV1611VET: My answers are that the physically impossible Ark needs "magic"., i.e unrecorded miracles.

On the other hand we have
18 June 2018 AV1611VET: A lie that I do know how to reply to a post when I relied - as in this reply.
18 June 2018 AV1611VET: Irrelevant "academia's cherub" question that does not make the Ark physically possible.
18 June 2018 AV1611VET: Irrelevant and ignorant "child in the womb" versus "fetus" question that does not make the Ark physically possible.

18 June 2018 AV1611VET: Yet another irrelevant question (my college major) to derail from his other derails!
These hint that that you do not understand the topic of your own thread :p! So I am dubious that you will understand that I answered or my answer.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
RealityCheck01 said:
18 June 2018 AV1611VET: Irrelevant question about the Ark being a myth, mistake, lie, concealed by lies or other options.
:scratch: -- What?
RC, do you have any answers for my OP as I wrote it? If not, are you here just to play BMOC with your academics?
If you are, you're not impressing me one bit. I eat academians for breakfast.
^_^
Which method of cooking would you prefer for them: fried, boiled, roasted over pit, baked or non cooked?

Upvote 0

Justatruthseeker

Site Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Tulsa, OK USA
✟155,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
If the Ark story is true as documented:

1. What made it seaworthy?
Most likely it was built of Lebanon cedar with Tabor oak framing. But what really made it seaworthy is its dimensions are perfect for seaworthyness.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/could-noahs-ark-float-theory-yes-180950385/

It can't be overturned or sunk.

Not that this was a problem anyways, Jesus calmed the sea in his area, so God could not for Noah?

2. How did all those animals fit on it?
All what animals? Just as we have over 100 breeds of dogs from wolves.......

3. How did all those animals get to the Ark?
All what animals? They walked, or flew, or crawled.

4. What did all those animals eat for a year?
All what animals? Food collected by Noah and his family.

5. How did all those animals get back to their respective ecological niches?
All what animals? They didn't, they adapted to new ones.

6. Where is the Ark today?
If I knew that I would be rich.....

7. Shouldn't we all be inbred depressed?
Why?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28568290

"New additive genetic variance introduced by hybridization is estimated to be two to three orders of magnitude greater than that introduced by mutation."

And with the added blessing of "be fruitful and multiply".......

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2012
✟120,483.00
Faith
Atheist
Most likely it was built of Lebanon cedar with Tabor oak framing. But what really made it seaworthy is its dimensions are perfect for seaworthyness.
Could Noah’s Ark Float? In Theory, Yes
Basic physics suggests that an ark carrying lots of animal cargo could float, but science doesn’t support other facets of the biblical tale
Gopher wood may refer to pine, cedar, or cypress wood.
The article does not say "perfect for seaworthyness". The students found that in theory the ark would float for a mass of animals less than 50,540,000 kg. When they packed the ark with pairs of all known species it could float but with the estimated number of species it sinks. That is stacking the animals with no allowance for food, water, cages, movement, feeding, waste removal, etc.

Seaworthiness is not just floating. Oceans have waves. There is stress on a ship when it straddles waves. This causes the back and sides to bend and twist. Enough stress and the back of the ship breaks and it sinks. Put a wooden ship under stress for long periods, gaps between the planks open up and it sinks. The largest ever wooden ship built by expert shipwrights was the Wyoming
Because of its extreme length and wood construction, Wyoming tended to flex in heavy seas, which would cause the long planks to twist and buckle, thereby allowing sea water to intrude into the hold (see hogging and sagging). Wyoming had to use pumps to keep its hold relatively free of water. In March 1924, it foundered in heavy seas and sank with the loss of all hands.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,908,839.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Most likely it was built of Lebanon cedar with Tabor oak framing.
Or maybe gopher wood?
Justatruthseeker said:
But what really made it seaworthy is its dimensions are perfect for seaworthyness.
Can that statement be tested today?

Build an ark with Lebanon cedar and Tabor oak framing and set it afloat on Lake Superior when "the gales of November come early" and see if any toothpicks wash ashore.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,908,839.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Not that this was a problem anyways, Jesus calmed the sea in his area, so God could not for Noah?
You make an interesting point here.

While I do believe Jesus was aboard the Ark, I've never considered He calming the sea.

At this juncture ... I'd say it wouldn't matter if He did or not: the results would still be the same.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,908,839.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The article does not say "perfect for seaworthyness".
I can just see a submarine appearing on the horizon and launching a torpedo at the Ark, ten to the ten millionth times more powerful than the sun.

It hitting the Ark and ... well ... boom ...

And a second later, Mrs. Noah saying, "Did you hear something outside?"

To which Noah replies, "Musta been thunder."

Academia wastes its time (and money) on ascertaining the Ark's seaworthiness.

The Ark could have been made of foam rubber and still performed God's will.

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟301,883.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I can just see a submarine appearing on the horizon and launching a torpedo at the Ark, ten to the ten millionth times more powerful than the sun.

It hitting the Ark and ... well ... boom ...

And a second later, Mrs. Noah saying, "Did you hear something outside?"

To which Noah replies, "Musta been thunder."

Academia wastes its time (and money) on ascertaining the Ark's seaworthiness.

The Ark could have been made of foam rubber and still performed God's will.

It could have been made from NOTHING and still performed God's will.

And for that matter, the WATER could have been made of nothing and still performed God's will.

So we have a situation where there is no ark and no water and still God's will is done.

Yet God intentionally decided to drown everybody, a horrible death to say the least, instead of just blinking them out of existence painlessly. How merciful he is!

• Agree
Reactions: tyke
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,908,839.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It could have been made from NOTHING and still performed God's will.
God doesn't create ex nihilo anymore.

Genesis 2:2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.
Kylie said:
And for that matter, the WATER could have been made of nothing and still performed God's will.

Genesis 2:2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.
Kylie said:
So we have a situation where there is no ark and no water and still God's will is done.
Only in your head.
Kylie said:
Yet God intentionally decided to drown everybody, a horrible death to say the least,
How many people did they drown in their experiments?

Exodus 21:23 And if any mischief follow, then thou shalt give life for life,
Exodus 21:24 Eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot,

Kylie said:
... instead of just blinking them out of existence painlessly. How merciful he is!
Yes indeed He was.

I've addressed this several times before, and will do so again.

Had God done it your way and blinked them out of existence, the lost would have been on the face of the earth one instance and in Hell the next.

But by sending a flood, it gave them a chance to repent of their evil deeds and cry out for salvation as the waters rose.

Matthew 14:30 But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me.

As the saying goes:

There are no atheists in foxholes.

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟301,883.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

That's a shame. Of course, no good reason for this is ever given, is it?

That's a shame. Of course, no good reason for this is ever given, is it?

Only in your head.

I'm sorry if you feel that getting rid of all the disobedient people without drowning them is something beyond God's ability.

How many people did they drown in their experiments?

Exodus 21:23 And if any mischief follow, then thou shalt give life for life,
Exodus 21:24 Eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot,

What in the world are you going on about?

Yes indeed He was.

I've addressed this several times before, and will do so again.

Had God done it your way and blinked them out of existence, the lost would have been on the face of the earth one instance and in Hell the next.

But by sending a flood, it gave them a chance to repent of their evil deeds and cry out for salvation as the waters rose.

Matthew 14:30 But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me.

Oh rubbish. He could have blinked them to some cosmological waiting room, where they could have had that same chance and still been spared the horror of drowning. Or he could have just given them a sense of impending doom and given them a chance to repent like that.

But no, instead, God decided that the most merciful thing was to given them a lingering death specifically so they could experience the horror of knowing they were going to die horribly.

As the saying goes:

There are no atheists in foxholes.

And as usual, you spout things that are completely wrong.

https://ffrf.org/outreach/atheists-in-foxholes

https://www.worldreligionnews.com/religion-news/stop-saying-no-atheists-foxholes

http://militaryatheists.org/atheists-in-foxholes/

So don't bring it up again, okay?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,908,839.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm sorry if you feel that getting rid of all the disobedient people without drowning them is something beyond God's ability.
Their flesh was corrupted.

That means they had cooties.

Cooties that would have stumped the repopulation of the earth after the Flood.

I realize purity is something that academians can't quite grasp in this day and age; but there was a time when the gene pool was as pure as pure can be.

So pure in fact, that a brother could marry his sister and have pure offspring.

Unthinkable, isn't it?

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟301,883.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

I realize purity is something that academians can't quite grasp in this day and age; but there was a time when the gene pool was as pure as pure can be.

Unthinkable, isn't it?

First, you are attempting to convince me that drowning the entire population (almost) was the only possible way because of COOTIES. Are you five?

Secondly, you have not explained how blinking people into a cosmic waiting room would spread cooties.

This is weak, even for you.

• Agree
Reactions: tyke
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,908,839.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
First, you are attempting to convince me that drowning the entire population (almost) was the only possible way because of COOTIES. Are you five?

Secondly, you have not explained how blinking people into a cosmic waiting room would spread cooties.

This is weak, even for you.
Yes ... I understand.

They were eating and drinking and making merry, until the Flood came and washed all the gay people away.

You guys have trouble with authority, don't you?

Academia and anarchy are good friends with each other.

Anything God does, you can do better ... right?

And for the record, that's where many of them are today.

A waiting room ... called "Hell" ... awaiting their final judgement.

All the kiddies though that you're worried about went to Heaven though.

Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Yes ... I understand.

They were eating and drinking and making merry, until the Flood came and washed all the gay people away.

Nonsense.

Upvote 0

Justatruthseeker

Site Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Tulsa, OK USA
✟155,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Or maybe gopher wood?Can that statement be tested today?

Build an ark with Lebanon cedar and Tabor oak framing and set it afloat on Lake Superior when "the gales of November come early" and see if any toothpicks wash ashore.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gopher_wood

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cedars_of_God

https://www.biblicalarchaeology.org...cedar—the-prized-tree-of-ancient-woodworking/

"Lebanese cedar wood was also popular for ancient woodworking and ship construction because it is easily worked and shaped, it seasons with minimal shrinkage or distortion and it resists decay in salt water better than most types of wood."

It would survive, that's why Salomon was smart enough to use it for temple construction.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Justatruthseeker

Site Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Tulsa, OK USA
✟155,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others

Unthinkable, isn't it?

Yes ... I understand.

oh no, much worse than cooties, much, much worse than just homosexual activities or prostitution.

He created life for the purpose of reproducing Kind after Kind. But all flesh became corrupt.....

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: AV1611VET
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,908,839.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Lebanese cedar wood ...
Why would Noah, who probably didn't even know what the ocean looked like, let alone a sailing vessel, call for Lebanese cedar wood?

IF he lived in [what is now] New Jersey, he was hundreds of miles away from the ocean (Panthalassa).

(Remember: the landmass of the earth consisted of one giant supercontinent at the time.)

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,908,839.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
oh no, much worse than cooties, much, much worse than just homosexual activities or prostitution.

He created life with the purpose of reproducing Kind after Kind. But all flesh became corrupt.....
It could be these sons of God (angels) were fooling around with genetic engineering and producing things that would make scientists' Thalidomide look like Bayer aspirin.

Upvote 0

Justatruthseeker

Site Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Tulsa, OK USA
✟155,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Why would Noah, who probably didn't even know what the ocean looked like, let alone a sailing vessel, call for Lebanese cedar wood?

IF he lived in [what is now] New Jersey, he was hundreds of miles away from the ocean (Panthalassa).

(Remember: the landmass of the earth consisted of one giant supercontinent at the time.)

Because God gives Knowledge to those that follow him, and Noah was righteous before God.

"And I have filled him with the spirit of God, in wisdom, and in understanding, and in knowledge, and in all manner of workmanship," Exodus 31:3

You don't think Noah built the ship without knowledge imparted by God, do you? or that Bezalel is the only one God ever gave knowledge and workmanship skills to do you?

Upvote 0

Justatruthseeker

Site Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Tulsa, OK USA
✟155,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
It could be these sons of God (angels) were fooling around with genetic engineering and producing things that would make scientists' Thalidomide look like Bayer aspirin.

That all flesh became corrupt is why evolutionists confuse common ancestry.....

As I said, much, much worse than homosexuality or fallen angels..... bad enough to destroy a world....

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.