Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You don't think Noah built the ship without knowledge imparted by God, do you? or that Bezalel is the only one God ever gave knowledge and workmanship skills to do you?
If you hired someone to build a cement patio in front of your house, and they made it of asphalt, would that be okay with you?

Furthermore, if they were going around saying, "Justa, told me to make it of cement, but asphalt was used for other things, so that's what he really meant."

Wouldn't that bother you?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That all flesh became corrupt is why evolutionists confuse common ancestry.....
Evolutionists don't understand purity.

Not in this day and age of shacking up, Mary wasn't a virgin, and nothing is sacred.

Upvote 0

Justatruthseeker

Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Tulsa, OK USA
✟155,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Evolutionists don't understand purity.

Not in this day and age of shacking up, Mary wasn't a virgin, and nothing is sacred.

We aren't pure. We are leftovers from that time of corruption, it's why we have ape DNA. As I said, much, much worse than homosexuality or fallen angels. Enough to destroy a world over.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We aren't pure.
I realize that.

But that's no excuse for those who equate Adam & Eve as "innocent children," arc & spark about incest in Genesis, Mary's virginity, and God knows what all else.

Upvote 0

Justatruthseeker

Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Tulsa, OK USA
✟155,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
If you hired someone to build a cement patio in front of your house, and they made it of asphalt, would that be okay with you?

Furthermore, if they were going around saying, "Justa, told me to make it of cement, but asphalt was used for other things, so that's what he really meant."

Wouldn't that bother you?

There is no Hebrew word for gofer. The wood type is completely an unknown.

http://biblehub.com/hebrew/1613.htm

"gopher (a kind of tree or wood)"

It could be cedar or cypress or cherry tree for all we know....

There is no Hebrew meaning for what type of wood Gopher wood was, Most linguist believe it was a replacement.

"noun [masculine] gopher, only in עֲצֵיגֹּֿפֶר Genesis 6:14 (P), wood of which the ark was made (word dubious; Thes compare כֹּפֶר & so Rob Ges (hence 'pitch-wood, resinous wood'), compare Di; LagSemitica i. 64; Symmict. ii. 93, BN 217 ff. thinks word not original, but inferred from גפרית, and substituted here for גפרית by copyist, or editor. compare following).

Hence no Bible translates that word.

Upvote 0

Justatruthseeker

Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Tulsa, OK USA
✟155,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I realize that.

But that's no excuse for those who equate Adam & Eve as "innocent children," arc & spark about incest in Genesis, Mary's virginity, and God knows what all else.

No, I think you misunderstand me when i say we are not pure and this is why evolutionists confuse common ancestry. I'm not talking non-pure as in with sin. All life became corrupt, even the animals, which is why evolutionists confuse common origins. As I said, it was much, much, much worse than just mere homosexuality.....

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No, I think you misunderstand me when i say we are not pure and this is why evolutionists confuse common ancestry.
There's no such thing as "common ancestry."

There is "ancestry," but not "common ancestry."

Luke 3:38 Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.

God is our Common Designer, not our Common Ancestor.

Upvote 0

Justatruthseeker

Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Tulsa, OK USA
✟155,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Noah wasn't Hebrew.
Oldest manuscripts are in Hebrew, It's a language, not a race. Adam, Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and Moses spoke Hebrew—the same languange that is now used by Israel—because these names are meaningful only in Hebrew and not other languages.

Upvote 0

Justatruthseeker

Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Tulsa, OK USA
✟155,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
There's no such thing as "common ancestry."

There is "ancestry," but not "common ancestry."

Luke 3:38 Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.

God is our Common Designer, not our Common Ancestor.
Yep, you misunderstood.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Oldest manuscripts are in Hebrew, It's a language, not a race. Adam, Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and Moses spoke Hebrew—the same languange that is now used by Israel—because these names are meaningful only in Hebrew and not other languages.
Then why doesn't It say Noah used the cedars of Lebanon, like It does with Solomon?

Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
According to aV, they spoke Jacobian English.

Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
tenor.gif

tenor.gif

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Justatruthseeker

Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Tulsa, OK USA
✟155,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Then why doesn't It say Noah used the cedars of Lebanon, like It does with Solomon?
Because, most Biblical Scholars belief the original word was changed. And hence we are left with a word that has no meaning other than wood, but implying resinous wood.

Upvote 0

Justatruthseeker

Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Tulsa, OK USA
✟155,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
According to aV, they spoke Jacobian English.

That is correct.

Up until the Tower of Babel.
Actually I take back what I said earlier about them speaking Hebrew. They spoke an unknown language. After the tower of Babel Israelite's invented Hebrew, which is the language the scriptures were written in afterwards. Before Babel it is impossible to say what language we spoke.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Because, most Biblical Scholars belief the original word was changed.
And God, who ...

Psalm 138:2c ... magnified thy word above all thy name.

... just sat back and let it happen?

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟293,710.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Yes ... I understand.

They were eating and drinking and making merry, until the Flood came and washed all the gay people away.

Hahahahahahaha, are you telling me that Noah and his family were the only non-gay people on the planet at that time?

Careful, AV, you're getting dangerously close to this...

You guys have trouble with authority, don't you?

Academia and anarchy are good friends with each other.

Anything God does, you can do better ... right?

I've never yet seen God replace someone's arm after they've lost it. Seen science do it though.

And for the record, that's where many of them are today.

A waiting room ... called "Hell" ... awaiting their final judgement.

All the kiddies though that you're worried about went to Heaven though.

Oh, AV, come on, you can do better than this.

Only a little while ago, you said this was impossible, because hell was the punishment not the waiting room. You specifically said that if they had been sent to hell, they would not have had the chance to repent.

"Had God done it your way and blinked them out of existence, the lost would have been on the face of the earth one instance and in Hell the next.

But by sending a flood, it gave them a chance to repent of their evil deeds and cry out for salvation as the waters rose."​

Now you are changing your tune.

Oh, AV, how do you expect me to take your arguments seriously when you can't even keep them straight?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.