Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Real wooden ships ...

Real wooden ships ...

Real wooden ships ...

Real wooden ships ...
Do you get the idea that the Ark was more than just a "real wooden ship"?

I mean ... after all ... it was never called a "ship" until academia plutoed it.

Reactions: Heissonear
Upvote 0

Justatruthseeker

Site Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Tulsa, OK USA
✟155,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
You wrote

An assertion followed by a source is an assertion about that source. You cited a source that showed the ark would sink if loaded with the estimated number of species.

No, I cited a source that showed it was theoretically possible. It's not my fault you see two birds mating in front of your eyes and can't figure out they are the same species...... It's not my fault you see over 100 breeds of dogs from wolves, then can understand they are the same species, but see those finches and do a loop de loop.

I missed out the "It can't be overturned or sunk." assertion followed by an idiot in a YouTube video trying to sink what looks like a fully watertight (maybe even airtight!) "ark" model. They may even have a solid "ark" :eek: !
You miswsed the part where the Bible said to seal it with pitch inside and out too....

Real wooden ships can sink if they are "pushed" (as in that video) so that they are low enough that water is above their gunwales.
Real wooden ships stay afloat when occasional waves crash over them because they have scuppers but can sink if waves crash over them so frequently that the scuppers cannot drain the water.
Real wooden ships have hatches, etc. on their decks to allow access to their interior. These are fairly waterproof when shut but crew move about. Thus the need for bilge pumps to remove water that accumulates.
Real wooden ships float in real oceans where waves can break their backs or twist them so that their planks part and water leaks in. Thus the need for bilge pumps to remove water that accumulates.

The largest wooden ship (not far short of the size of the hypothetical ark) ever built leaked during its lifetime and foundered with all hands.

Yes, I admit they didn't have knowledge from God to help them build it, so of course it leaked, what did you expect?

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2012
✟120,483.00
Faith
Atheist
He's trying to imply that water must have magically appeared and disappeared because the world's oceans do not contain enough water. I've fact checked him on this issue before, and here he is still regurgitating garbage.
25 July 2018 Justatruthseeker: Lies about my post where I wrote not enough water and no credible sources for more.

Followed by (regurgitated?) garbage that has to be noted.
25 July 2018 Justatruthseeker: An ignorant fantasy that water 400 miles underground below the surface somehow got to the surface (within 40 days :doh:!) and then vanished back through 400 miles underground of rock.
Huge Underground Reservoir Holds Three Times as Much Water as Earth’s Oceans
Massive underground reservoir of water, ‘three times’ the size of Earth’s oceans, located
Tectonic processes do not move at speeds of say 10 miles a day.

Like my post said: No credible sources for more water, just ignorant fantasies and even delusions. An example of a delusional theory - the Earth used to be surrounded by a water canopy that provided the flood rain. A high school student could tell them about the energy released when that water hits the surface from outside of the atmosphere - super heated steam kills everything.

Reactions: tyke
Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Do you get the idea that the Ark was more than just a "real wooden ship"?

I mean ... after all ... it was never called a "ship" until academia plutoed it.
Call it whatever floats your boat. There was no flood. There was no ark.

• Agree
Reactions: tyke
Upvote 0

Justatruthseeker

Site Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Tulsa, OK USA
✟155,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
That flood water must have come from somewhere. That flood water must have gone somewhere. There are no credible physical sources or sinks.

That leaves no flood and thus no ark :doh:!

It did, from that 3 ocean's worth of water beneath your feet. That you keep ignoring.....

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2012
✟120,483.00
Faith
Atheist
His posting style is like nothing I've ever seen. :eek:
My posting style is simple enough . If someone writes an irrelevant, ignorant, deluded or even lying or insulting post then I want to easily find my response by skimming the thread. It also emphasizes what the poster is doing to other posters. Thus my highlight of the date and user name.
Dates because others then can that there is a track record of irrelevant, ignorant, deluded or even lying or insulting posts.
Username so that they know who is writing the irrelevant, ignorant, deluded or even lying or insulting posts.

Which my memory says I have explained before (I may be wrong). As an example:
25 July 2018 AV1611VET: Why I make my responses to irrelevant, ignorant, deluded or even lying or insulting posts easily found.

Upvote 0

Justatruthseeker

Site Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Tulsa, OK USA
✟155,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
25 July 2018 Justatruthseeker: Lies about my post where I wrote not enough water and no credible sources for more.

Followed by (regurgitated?) garbage that has to be noted.
25 July 2018 Justatruthseeker: An ignorant fantasy that water 400 miles underground below the surface somehow got to the surface (within 40 days :doh:!) and then vanished back through 400 miles underground of rock.
Huge Underground Reservoir Holds Three Times as Much Water as Earth’s Oceans
Massive underground reservoir of water, ‘three times’ the size of Earth’s oceans, located
Tectonic processes do not move at speeds of say 10 miles a day.

Like my post said: No credible sources for more water, just ignorant fantasies and even delusions. An example of a delusional theory - the Earth used to be surrounded by a water canopy that provided the flood rain. A high school student could tell them about the energy released when that water hits the surface from outside of the atmosphere - super heated steam kills everything.

Apparently you don't understand the concept of "burst forth" compared to how they move right now. Water isn't "bursting forth" right now, so why would you think tectonic processes would move 10 miles a day right now?????

Ahhhh yes, uniformatarianism. A child's viewpoint that what we see today must have ALWAYS been exactly the same.

Since your noting regurgitated garbage, be sure to note your calling people liars against the rules. Did you note that too you disrespectful punk? Note that too while you are at it....

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2012
✟120,483.00
Faith
Atheist
If I did, it was unintentional
It may have been unintentional but you did it and gave Bible verses to support this: God doesn't create ex nihilo anymore.
Thus God did not zap flood water out of nowhere or zap them back into nowhere.
We can fantasize that God zapped the water to and from physical sources of water, e.g. there is plenty in the comets.

Followed by:
25 July 2018 AV1611VET: Irrelevant questions not about the ark or flood.

I have heard of the physically insane Water Canopy Theory. Are you aware of how physically insane that theory is? What happens when say a billion cubic kilometers of water falls from 100 kilometers to the surface, AV1611VET?
Why does AiG suggest not using the vapor canopy model? Bodie Hodge, AiG–U.S., explains why the model fails biblically and scientifically.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2012
✟120,483.00
Faith
Atheist
Apparently you don't understand the concept of "burst forth" compared to how they move right now. ..
25 July 2018 Justatruthseeker: A lie about water "bursting forth" as from tectonic activity in the Bible.
Genesis 7:11 is springs or fountains of the deep that burst forth. No mention of tectonic activity.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Justatruthseeker

Site Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Tulsa, OK USA
✟155,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
It may have been unintentional but you did it and gave Bible verses to support this: God doesn't create ex nihilo anymore.
We can fantasize that God zapped the water to and from physical sources of water, e.g. there is plenty in the comets.
Oh my God. Do you even have a concept of what the difference is between creation and using what already was created is?????

Apparently not.

Comets? Really? Laughable.

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-30414519

Results from Europe's Rosetta mission, which made history by landing on Comet 67P in November, shows the water on the icy mass is unlike that on our planet

Comet Wild 2 also had an excess of deuterium.

http://science.sciencemag.org/content/314/5806/1720

Same with Halley's comet

https://www.space.com/19878-halleys-comet.html

On every comet so far spectrometer data has been obtained.

https://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/19980035143.pdf

http://science.sciencemag.org/content/279/5357/1707

but one

In fact the comet theory is going so bad they now are proposing rocky asteroids.....

https://www.space.com/27969-earth-water-from-asteroids-not-comets.html

Rocky asteroids, I'd laugh if it wasn't so pathetic.

• Agree
Reactions: AV1611VET
Upvote 0

Justatruthseeker

Site Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Tulsa, OK USA
✟155,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
25 July 2018 Justatruthseeker: A lie about water "bursting forth" as from tectonic activity in the Bible.
Genesis 7:11 is springs or fountains of the deep that burst forth. No mention of tectonic activity.
Oh yes, because of course water bursting forth at a rate enough to flood the earth would surely be accompanied by no tectonic activity.... but I guess some can't figure that out for themselves if not specifically told...... Gee, I wonder how we ever figured anything out without being told first....

But lets be clear the original is "burst open"

http://biblehub.com/interlinear/genesis/7-11.htm

Does that help you any???? Sounds like tectonic activity to me....

http://biblehub.com/hebrew/1234.htm

"baqa: to cleave, break open or through"

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2012
✟120,483.00
Faith
Atheist
Ahhhh yes, uniformatarianism.
25 July 2018 Justatruthseeker: A small lie when my post was about physical geology, not uniformitarianism
"Tectonic processes do not move at speeds of say 10 miles a day" is a statement of present and past geological evidence. If there was geological evidence for this speed then this would be textbook geology that would be easily found. I could find none.

A bit of thinking gives reasons why it did not happen in Noah's time. Overall Justatruthseeker makes Noah either dead or a liar (or whoever wrote the account) by omitting significant events. For example, expose many, many square miles of hot rock to the ocean around the shoreline and the steam probably kills Noah.

If Justatruthseeker has geological evidence that this has happened then he is free to give it.
Justatruthseeker?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Justatruthseeker

Site Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Tulsa, OK USA
✟155,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others

Well your speed claims are being falsified every time we look

https://gizmodo.com/we-were-totally-wrong-about-whats-happening-inside-eart-1775495644

http://www.rochester.edu/news/show.php?id=2403

https://www.sciencealert.com/earth-...han-ever-thanks-to-a-rapidly-cooling-interior

So your claims of everything happening at the rate predicted by plate tectonics, well.....

And the continent of Australia? Apparently you didn't look too hard RC.

https://news.nationalgeographic.com...s-gps-coordinates-adjusted-continental-drift/

And you have yet to show why anything need move 10 miles a day to cause water eruption? Or was that just a number pulled out of the hat for dramatic effect???? I think the latter, indeed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Call it whatever floats your boat. There was no flood. There was no ark.
That's because you're out there looking for a ship, and not an ark.

I can go looking for the Taj Mahal, but if I think it's an igloo, I'll walk right past it and never find it.

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟301,850.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I beg your pardon?

Revelation 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

If you think my arguments aren't straight, maybe you should spend more time here.

Your arguments are not straight because you are changing your position.

You said that God couldn't just blink the people out because then they would go straight to hell without a chance to repent. I said God could have sent them to a waiting room to give them a chance to repent.

Now you are saying that Hell would serve as such a waiting room.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No, I did not.

Do you know the difference between creatio ex nihilo and creatio ex materia?

For example, what's this?

1 Kings 17:16 And the barrel of meal wasted not, neither did the cruse of oil fail, according to the word of the LORD, which he spake by Elijah.

I say it is creatio ex materia; what say you?
RealityCheck01 said:
If I fill a swimming pool with water ex nihilo, then scoop a bucket of water out of that pool and pour it over some flowers, I didn't "zap water into that bucket" from nowhere.

I got it out of the swimming pool.

And for the record, those flood waters still exist today.

Reactions: Heissonear
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.