Texas
✟18,874.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
When you have a large number of people going around and saying that Muslims are terrorists or are bad people, this is what you get. How sad for this young man that he had to go through this. The ironic thing, of course, is that the attackers have become terrorists themselves to this young man.

Shame on them. I hope they're prosecuted to the fullest!

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, what do you know. American kids only act this way, because their parents teach them to be like this. I'm pretty sure someone will come on here and justify the actions of the kids, and then say they've got it right.

Muslim teen beaten, called a 'terrorist' by classmates says he stayed silent out of fear
That's not true, you know. Many kids, especially older kids, do things, join gangs, that their parents are appalled by.

What does lead to this type of violence is the perception that certains hatreds are acceptable by society - even if that society is adolescent thugs. The article said that he was first beaten up for being gay.

Maybe the parents encouraged that hatred, maybe the schools turned a blind eye to it - we don't know.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jade Margery

Stranger in a strange land
Oct 29, 2008
✟19,915.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Poor guy just got a double whammy. There is actually a lot of bullying and abuse problems for Muslim children in America. Land of the free... to be white and christian. It only goes to show that the fight against intolerance is no where near won yet.

I hope they throw the book at those kids and it bounces off their bigoted heads.

Upvote 0

LightHorseman

Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2006
✟10,643.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
AU-Liberals
Upvote 0

Hairy Tic

May 4, 2005
✟2,144.00
Faith
Catholic
Well, what do you know. American kids only act this way, because their parents teach them to be like this. I'm pretty sure someone will come on here and justify the actions of the kids, and then say they've got it right.

Muslim teen beaten, called a 'terrorist' by classmates says he stayed silent out of fear
## Shouldn't the Churches use their influence - do they have none ? - to denounce such behaviour, & to defend & speak up for minorities ? I thought doing that, was important. In both Testaments of the Bible.

Upvote 0

KIYX

Jul 18, 2010
✟9,824.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Well, what do you know. American kids only act this way, because their parents teach them to be like this.
Um no.

I'm pretty sure someone will come on here and justify the actions of the kids, and then say they've got it right.
He was bullied. I was bullied, I fought back. It somehow didn't make the papers.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

KIYX

Jul 18, 2010
✟9,824.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
When you have a large number of people going around and saying that Muslims are terrorists or are bad people, this is what you get. How sad for this young man that he had to go through this. The ironic thing, of course, is that the attackers have become terrorists themselves to this young man.

Shame on them. I hope they're prosecuted to the fullest!

They chose him because they thought he was weak, if you read the article you will see the first thing they started to call him was "gay" then quickly started messing with him because of his race and religion.

It's very typical bully behavior and has nothing to do with what what your first sentence claims.

Upvote 0

Billnew

Legend
Apr 23, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Those who do not learn from history are sure to relive it.

We are at war with Extremists, Muslim extremists are the biggest threat, but not every Muslim is an extremist.

In WWII we rounded up anyone that looked oriental and put them in concentration camps. Even multi-generational American orientals.
I wish Americans would figure out that we can not lump all of any classification together, and blame them for the minority of their classification's actions.

I believe the beating might have still taken place. Attack the person thats different mentallity. They just used the excuse of terrorism.

Question for those on the fence, should Muslim's lump us together for this abuse? For all the isolated incidents against them?
Should People in OK city, lump all red necks to the bombers?

Come on people, its hard enough to find the real enemy without creating more victims, or worse more aggressors.

Upvote 0
P

Phinehas2

Lighthorseman,
Oh, but Phineas told me that there are no gay Muslims, …The President of Iran IS the ultimate authority on what all Muslims believe, right?
Islam is based on the revelation of Mohammed from Allah as recorded in the Quran and Haddith, not on what the president of Iran thinks. As the Quran condemns it oxymoron to claim make the claim.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

wanderingone

I'm not lost I'm just wandering
Jul 6, 2005
New York
✟30,779.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
They chose him because they thought he was weak, if you read the article you will see the first thing they started to call him was "gay" then quickly started messing with him because of his race and religion.

It's very typical bully behavior and has nothing to do with what what your first sentence claims.

Actually- the kid has been harassed since middle school by the same group who specifically made comments about his being Muslim, calling him terrorist etc.. However, Staten Island being a pit of homophobic paranoia on top of being particularly fond of silly items like "terrorist hunting permit" stickers it is quite likely the primary issue was the perception that the boy does not fit into the little box where miniscule minds believe male behaviors must be be determined.

Upvote 0

Phylogeny

Veteran
Dec 28, 2004
✟2,426.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
If the bullying ends with a 4 to 1 beat up that results in a visit to the doctor, then it should be considered assault and proper authorities notified.

Youth is not an excuse to violently hurt and harass another person. By the mid-teens, children should know this type of behavior is unacceptable and wrong. If the school and the bullies' parents do not do anything about it, then it's time to bring in the police. I think it's disgusting for anyone to think violent harassment is acceptable amongst teens.

Had these kids been two years older and this had gone on in the college campus, this would have been charged as assault and battery and the 'bullies' taken to court.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
In WWII we rounded up anyone that looked oriental and put them in concentration camps. Even multi-generational American orientals.
I wish Americans would figure out that we can not lump all of any classification together, and blame them for the minority of their classification's actions.

Oriental is a type of carpet or a ramen noodle flavor, Asian is an ethnicity. And no, we didn't round up Asians willy nilly. We specifically targeted Japanese and Japanese-Americans.

Upvote 0

KIYX

Jul 18, 2010
✟9,824.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
If the bullying ends with a 4 to 1 beat up that results in a visit to the doctor, then it should be considered assault and proper authorities notified.

Youth is not an excuse to violently hurt and harass another person. By the mid-teens, children should know this type of behavior is unacceptable and wrong. If the school and the bullies' parents do not do anything about it, then it's time to bring in the police. I think it's disgusting for anyone to think violent harassment is acceptable amongst teens.

Had these kids been two years older and this had gone on in the college campus, this would have been charged as assault and battery and the 'bullies' taken to court.

That's one of the things that always irritated the hell out of me about bullying.

It's almost as if because it's done at a school it's not a crime... but if you were to treat anybody like that outside of a school your hindparts would end up in a jail cell.

Upvote 0

Billnew

Legend
Apr 23, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Oriental is a type of carpet or a ramen noodle flavor, Asian is an ethnicity. And no, we didn't round up Asians willy nilly. We specifically targeted Japanese and Japanese-Americans.
I thought they were pretty liberal with who they claimed were Japanese.

I would accept non-American Japanese visitors, or temporary immigrants being deported or making them feel unwelcome. We were attacked without warning, and anyone "newly" arrived could be a spy. Sorry, but most people that are visiting, are not usually welcomed, when their home land attacked the country for which they are visiting.
I guess it wasn't as bad as I thought.
Still bad for the long term Japanese Americans though.

But we do not need to treat all people as if they are the aggressors(even in WWII), just because some in their country/religion attacked us.

I truly believe these bullies would have found a reason to harm someone, they just tied it to muslim terrorist as an excuse. But still punish them severely.
I don't care the reason, Muslim, gay, green hair, short fat, to tall, American, European, Middle eastern, Asian, etc.
if you harm someone just because you can, you should be punished severely.
I wonder, at what point does it change from assault to attmepted murder?
4people beating on one that is not defending his self?

Upvote 0