Jul 4, 2004
✟284,313.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
:blush: Thanks for saying it, Jim. I've been thinking it's just me getting grouchy and crotchety in my aging years.

I actually bring earplugs to church for the worship time because it is so unnecessarily loud. Either that or I come to church when I know worship will be just about over. Sad.

I hate it because I remember the days when worship at church was sweet and the decibel level was normal.
Loud is another issue. That is either a bad soundman or a bad room. Unfortunately, most churches are bad rooms for sound, and the soundman has to fight the acoustics for everyone to hear. But then most soundmen blew their ears out long ago, and can't hear anything themselves, and don't realize how loud their mixes are.

Upvote 0
A

Andrea411

Problem with that is Jesus said "Take heed what you hear".

….and where did I say to do otherwise? But just as Jesus said

Mk7: 14After He called the crowd to Him again, He began saying to them, "Listen to Me, all of you, and understand: 15there is nothing outside the man which can defile him if it goes into him; but the things which proceed out of the man are what defile the man. 16"If anyone has ears to hear, let him hear."…

I suggest a little common sense is advised… again to whom it is sin, it is

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
….and where did I say to do otherwise? But just as Jesus said

Mk7: 14After He called the crowd to Him again, He began saying to them, "Listen to Me, all of you, and understand: 15there is nothing outside the man which can defile him if it goes into him; but the things which proceed out of the man are what defile the man. 16"If anyone has ears to hear, let him hear."…

I suggest a little common sense is advised… again to whom it is sin, it is

But was it really sin to eat the food im Rom 14?

Not objectively, it was clean, 14:14 even says by the Lord. So yes, one can think something is sin, some Christian women think it is sin to cut their hair, but it is not really sin.

So, likewise, if the person enjoying the music does not think it is sin, by faith. is it sin?

Upvote 0

murjahel

Senior Veteran
Oct 31, 2005
✟29,367.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
But was it really sin to eat the food im Rom 14?

Not objectively, it was clean, 14:14 even says by the Lord. So yes, one can think something is sin, some Christian women think it is sin to cut their hair, but it is not really sin.

So, likewise, if the person enjoying the music does not think it is sin, by faith. is it sin?

it was not sinful, due to Scripture that proves it was not sinful... so if someone else decided it might still be, we were to allow them to so decide... but it is noted they were the 'weaker one'...

on things not said to be sinless... like music that glorifies the devil or his bible and his ways, we do not have Scripture to say 'all that is clean'... In the 'meat' issue we do have Scripture...

WE do have principles to answer whether singing words to demons, singing words condoning sin, etc is wrong... evil... We are not to allow corrupt and sinful words pass through our lips... we have Scripture... We are to take note of our 'hearts', i.e. our minds, to be sure that what we allow in them is pleasing to the Lord, is like unto His thinking, not the devils'... soooo the answer is Biblical, to not sing sinful songs, not glorify demons, not degrade our Lord, etc... No... it is not an 'all things are clean' category...

Upvote 0
A

Andrea411

it was not sinful, due to Scripture that proves it was not sinful... so if someone else decided it might still be, we were to allow them to so decide... but it is noted they were the 'weaker one'...

on things not said to be sinless... like music that glorifies the devil or his bible and his ways, we do not have Scripture to say 'all that is clean'... In the 'meat' issue we do have Scripture...

WE do have principles to answer whether singing words to demons, singing words condoning sin, etc is wrong... evil... We are not to allow corrupt and sinful words pass through our lips... we have Scripture... We are to take note of our 'hearts', i.e. our minds, to be sure that what we allow in them is pleasing to the Lord, is like unto His thinking, not the devils'... soooo the answer is Biblical, to not sing sinful songs, not glorify demons, not degrade our Lord, etc... No... it is not an 'all things are clean' category...

If I thought that eating meat on Friday was sinning against God and I did it anyway, then for me it would be a sin. Bc in my heart I would have been disobedient to what I 'thought' the Lord wanted.
Just as a thief who is in jail and doesn't steal bc he is in jail, isn't righteous bc he doesn't have the opportunity to sin.
At least thats my take on it…
God bless, andrea

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Green above, you may want to understand Col 2, and how they thought matter was evil also;), teachings that came from the gnostics, and what they peddled in Colossians. Paul said to the pure it is pure in Titus, and the world is ours, all things in 1 Cor 3.
Your reply has got nothing to do with the topic of the message in worldly music and how it is opposed to the truth of the lord Jesus.even when it's music you like.and just because it is music you like ,that does not exempt it.sorry.
Its just misdirection.

When the lord Jesus said love NOT the world nor the things of the world.every honest individual knows quite simply what he means.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I will peruse comments more fully later.
But for now I note a lot of ,,,its not sin ..type reaction.
Odd.
As no one said it was.
I desire people to stop and look .
There is no middle ground.
Worldly songs,no matter how nice sounding.
Are opposed to God in their underlying message.

To those who love God,the reaction would be..lord ?does it offend you,does it behoove the way of rightousness?

I wonder,
Many are fast ,so quick to leap to their own defense.
Where are those that stop and say..lord,is it I?
Where are those who are swift to ask FIRST..Lord Jesus,what is your will for me in this matter.
No one is trying to impose some new law or rule on you .but a very old principle to be reminded of..
The Lord desires truth in the inmost part .
Be
Truthful with the
Lord.

Here is a harsh point... if you wish to know what is an idol in a person's life,shake the shelf they keep it on.
See if they run to protect it.

Reactions: mourningdove~
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I guess if I see a beautiful painting, I can't enjoy it, if it was done by an unsaved person.:o

You have not seen a beautiful painting until you have seen one painted under the inspiration of the HOLY Spirit. But we have all seen imitations -And we are not putting the microscope to the topic of what we see vs what we look at...but feel free to begin that thread.
-------/to be holy is to be separate..not intermingled in the spirit---/

Tell me poster,why is it that any topic which even suggests we seek a greater level of separation from the world ..there you are opposing it.
How can you say ..what YOU like is what God likes?
You echo the very message of the world...
Which is .. don't worry..do as you will,whatever makes YOU happy. That's what the music industry speaks.
You make people think it is random chance that ALL the world's songs repeat this same message. And now you advocate it also?

I do not.
I see it for what it is.the devil uses music to preach to the masses what he wants them to believe...

-------/
Let us stop ,look and know and turn away.
Why would any one who loves the lord desire to continue partaking in anything which opposes him?
If we be divided within ourselves we fall.-Jesus our lord said so.
I will speak hard words for it is love to speak truth.

Where are those that love the lord Jesus so much that there first response is... if it be even remotely ,even by distant insinuation, opposed to my Lord Jesus ,my saviour and my redeemer who so loved me he gave his all for me,then I will cast it far from me in love for my Lord and my God.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have found a great resource which
Explains this topic far better then I can.
It is a series called media on the brainby Scot listens .
Part 4 deals with the music industry.

I'v no link to access it. You can buy the series but I don't link to things you have to buy.even though I may buy it myself.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.