Helena
✟207,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single

I know, for a Christian we have nothing to do with what is essentially pagan sacrifices, that's not what matters to Orthodox Jews however. They believe they need the ashes of a perfect red heifer in order to build the temple and perform regular daily sacrifices (which have to start again, before Antichrist can take them away as in several passages in Daniel). They apparently now have the means for that. For years they've been trying and always found imperfections in the candidates.

• Informative
Reactions: David's Harp

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
was not sure if serious, but okay, I can see the angle.

Yeah I have to disclaim, because yes, Jesus is our once for all perfect sacrifice.
But Orthodox Jews are still blinded as per Romans 11.. so they do things their way and they're trying to get back to the sacrificial system.

Daniel has several passages about Antichrist ending sacrifices and yes, some people view that in a preterist way, some people idealize it and say the prince was Jesus who ended the sacrifices (also kind of a preterist view) but it may in fact be a literal, futurist happening.

Upvote 0

Brian Mcnamee

Feb 2, 2017
usa
✟221,465.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi I like Hosea 3 which talks about the return of the kingdom and the return of David as well.

4 For the children of Israel shall abide many days without king or prince, without sacrifice or sacred pillar, without ephod or teraphim. 5 Afterward the children of Israel shall return and seek the LORD their God and David their king. They shall fear the LORD and His goodness in the latter days.

Futurist believe the kingdom is restored and indeed Hosea implies the return of the sacrifice after many days without it is related to the time the kingdom comes and it is designated for the latter days. There are several passages that amplify the things related to the time David is raised up and it is a fruitful study to chase those down but this one would tie in to the 2 Thess 2 and Rev 13 being the time the abomination of desolation would take place. Also as a side note the Bir airport in Tel Aviv is going to have a train line that will go directly from the the airport to the Temple Mount. This is in anticipation of the return of the temple and it is scheduled for next April to be up and running. The planners say this Temple will be a house of worship for all faiths.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Hi I like Hosea 3 which talks about the return of the kingdom and the return of David as well.

4 For the children of Israel shall abide many days without king or prince, without sacrifice or sacred pillar, without ephod or teraphim. 5 Afterward the children of Israel shall return and seek the LORD their God and David their king. They shall fear the LORD and His goodness in the latter days.

Futurist believe the kingdom is restored and indeed Hosea implies the return of the sacrifice after many days without it is related to the time the kingdom comes and it is designated for the latter days. There are several passages that amplify the things related to the time David is raised up and it is a fruitful study to chase those down but this one would tie in to the 2 Thess 2 and Rev 13 being the time the abomination of desolation would take place. Also as a side note the Bir airport in Tel Aviv is going to have a train line that will go directly from the the airport to the Temple Mount. This is in anticipation of the return of the temple and it is scheduled for next April to be up and running. The planners say this Temple will be a house of worship for all faiths.

Yeah I recently heard about that train line directly to the western wall recently. The idea was to facilitate people traveling from all around the world to worship at the temple like in Isaiah 2.
again.. it's a spiritual blind spot.
They do recognize it as the Messianic age, which is true, that passage is about the Millennium.
However, they seem to be prepared to welcome a false Messiah.
If only they'd stop skipping Isaiah 53 and could see..
But for many it's like they can't see. They can look, they can read, but they can't see.
It's a little frustrating isn't it?
But all these things MUST happen.

Upvote 0

Brian Mcnamee

Feb 2, 2017
usa
✟221,465.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yeah I recently heard about that train line directly to the western wall recently. The idea was to facilitate people traveling from all around the world to worship at the temple like in Isaiah 2.
again.. it's a spiritual blind spot.
They do recognize it as the Messianic age, which is true, that passage is about the Millennium.
However, they seem to be prepared to welcome a false Messiah.
If only they'd stop skipping Isaiah 53 and could see..
But for many it's like they can't see. They can look, they can read, but they can't see.
It's a little frustrating isn't it?
But all these things MUST happen.
Hi I agree and am on a Torah vs the Bible page and often engage that view. I show then Psalm 2 where the leaders of the people are taking counsel against the LORD and His anointed trying to cast off their bonds from them. This is when he LORD laughs them to derision and sets His king on His holy mountain and gives Him the nations for His inheritance. This implies the anointed has already well established bonds that the nations are trying to cast off. This is where we are now and the mentality of man is turning to want to persecute those who hold solid Biblical works views. It must happen and I believe we are seeing the acceptable year of the LORD come to an and and the day of vengeance of our God

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
It must happen and I believe we are seeing the acceptable year of the LORD come to an and and the day of vengeance of our God

Interesting. many people particularly pretribulationists, see tons of people being saved after Jesus returns (in the rapture)
but I lately had a conviction on that. Between the parable of the 10 virgins, and Amos 8 where after the day of the Lord.. it's kind of done. like.. nobody in Revelation during the wrath of God repents, they curse God instead, and the 5 foolish virgins aren't told to come back later but are flat out refused... and in Amos.. the famine of hearing the words of the Lord. Like.. after the sun and moon darken (6th seal signs) in the clear day, all those who would preach the word of God are gone, and they won't be able to find it, no matter how much they search.

so it seems you also believe that there is a point of no return and then there's no salvation, only vengeance.

It's a conviction that weighs heavily on me, because it's like.. you want to hold out hope even for people all the way up to the end. People make "rapture kits" for those "left behind" right? But this conviction would mean.. that those things won't work.

It puts urgency on me to share now but... I'm so wonderfully bad about it. My own mother just said to stop talking about it, that I will never change her beliefs. My sister said, unless God actually calls to her Himself, she can't believe, no testimony will work for her. She understands the Gospel she just doesn't believe it, and admits it's impossible for her to do so.

So I feel like an utter failure.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟360,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Also as a side note the Bir airport in Tel Aviv is going to have a train line that will go directly from the the airport to the Temple Mount. This is in anticipation of the return of the temple and it is scheduled for next April to be up and running. The planners say this Temple will be a house of worship for all faiths.
informative, I have not heard about that.

Upvote 0

Brian Mcnamee

Feb 2, 2017
usa
✟221,465.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Interesting. many people particularly pretribulationists, see tons of people being saved after Jesus returns (in the rapture)
but I lately had a conviction on that. Between the parable of the 10 virgins, and Amos 8 where after the day of the Lord.. it's kind of done. like.. nobody in Revelation during the wrath of God repents, they curse God instead, and the 5 foolish virgins aren't told to come back later but are flat out refused... and in Amos.. the famine of hearing the words of the Lord. Like.. after the sun and moon darken (6th seal signs) in the clear day, all those who would preach the word of God are gone, and they won't be able to find it, no matter how much they search.

so it seems you also believe that there is a point of no return and then there's no salvation, only vengeance.

It's a conviction that weighs heavily on me, because it's like.. you want to hold out hope even for people all the way up to the end. People make "rapture kits" for those "left behind" right? But this conviction would mean.. that those things won't work.

It puts urgency on me to share now but... I'm so wonderfully bad about it. My own mother just said to stop talking about it, that I will never change her beliefs. My sister said, unless God actually calls to her Himself, she can't believe, no testimony will work for her. She understands the Gospel she just doesn't believe it, and admits it's impossible for her to do so.

So I feel like an utter failure.

Hi on the contrary I believe more people are saved in the day of vengeance than just before the close of the acceptable year of the LORD. The souls beheaded for the testimony of Jesus Christ are accrued after the rapture and it figures to be a large number. They missed the acceptable year where they could have been kept from this hour that is coming upon the whole earth. Yet they are forgiven and accepted and enter through mainly as martyrs.

• Agree
Reactions: Douggg
Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟294,160.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Red heifer's and the idea of a new Jewish Temple are wrong and unbiblical. The new Temple will be built for Christian worship and offerings will be made in it. Isaiah 56:1-8
Ezekiel's temple:
The prophecies of the prophets of Israel can be divided into three sections. They are;

1. Israel - you are being naughty. Mend your ways

2. Israel - I know you will not mend your ways so disgrace, dispersion and discipline will be your portion

3. Israel - God loves you and will restore you for both His love's sake and because of His Promises to the Fathers

Note: This applies to Israel NOT to Judah.

But Ezekiel goes further than this. Ezekiel touches that part of God's heart that is very important. That is, His House and the Testimony it brought Him among the nations. Israel had been exceedingly evil and had behaved worse than the heathen nations around them. Even the heathen never swapped their gods, but Israel has swapped the Living and True God for demon-idols. Israel, as per the threats of the Contract of Sinai, was about to be invaded by Nebuchadnezzar, have their City and Temple destroyed, be slaughtered and be carried off to Babylon to serve foreign kings. One thing remained to be done before Nebuchadnezzar entered Jerusalem and defiled and destroyed it. That was, God was to withdraw from the Temple in which He dwelt. This was for two reasons. God's holiness could not tolerate the heathen entering into the same place as He, and if they did, Nebuchadnezzar would have been slain like Uzzah in 2nd Samuel 6. God needed Nebuchadnezzar for further things concerning His glory, so before the Babylonian army could enter Jerusalem, God withdrew His glory from the Temple - His House. This utterly sad event takes up the first few Chapters.

This is a low point for such a great God. From this moment on, with His House and Testimony gone from earth, God is called, throughout the Book of Daniel, which encompasses the time in Babylon, the "God of heaven", but never the "God of earth". His House and Presence WERE GONE. This solemn matter is dealt with by Ezekiel. Ezekiel is divided roughly into FOUR sections;

1. The withdrawal of God and His glory from Solomon's Temple - His House

2. The accusations against Israel that brought about this tragic move

3. The Promises of Israel's future restoration

4. The Promise of a return to a greater glory for the House of God predicted in the latter Chapters

Chapters 37 to 39 give detailed prophecies of Israel's restoration and end with Armageddon at the end of Chapter 39. Then the visions make an abrupt change. They now concern them selves with God's New House. Immediately the Christian will OBJECT. Is not the Church the House of God? And does God live in a House made with hands? The answer is that God's original intention was that man would eat of the Tree of Life and become the HOUSE of God. And since God is a Spirit, He would dwell in the sanctity of the spirit of man. This He finally achieves in the Church. But ... in the process of recovering man, God did TWO things;

1. He dwelt WITH them to have His presence on earth, and for this a House of a special construction was needed

2. He caused the Second Person of the God-head to become a Man, and this Man, Jesus, was physical and needed a physical Dwelling

During His first sojourn on earth, this God-Man Jesus had nowhere to dwell (Matt.8:20; Lk.9:28). His rightful place as God would have been the Temple in Jerusalem, but He is driven from there under threat of death by the rulers of Israel. But at the end of the age, this God-Man will become the ordained, accepted and anointed King of the whole earth by military defeat of His enemies. The question is then, "WHERE WILL HE LIVE PHYSICALLY, AND OF WHAT TYPE WILL HIS HOUSE BE?

Ezekiel answers this. The House in which Emmanuel (God with us) will live must fulfill a number of qualifications.

· It must be in Jerusalem

· It must be a Palace fit for the greatest King ever to live

· It must be a House that reflects the accomplishments of this great King

· It must be a House that allows the correct service to such an Holy One

· It must be a House that everyone of every nation can come up to to pray, worship and have audience with Emmanuel

Now, Jesus, having set aside His high position in heaven, and having come to earth to serve His Father and serve men, took a very low and humble position. He was devoid of money and dwelling. He was ministered to by women. He was threatened, rejected, reviled, beaten, spat upon, insulted and finally murdered among criminals, naked. This was all done to achieve what His Father needed done to satisfy His righteousness and extend mercy to depraved mankind. So when God sends His Son the second time as military Commander to retake Government of this earth, in His righteousness and justice HE MUST VINDICATE HIS SON IN PROPORTION TO WHAT HE LOST THE FIRST TIME. And part of this vindication is;

· His personal glory. It is so strong that it can dethrone and cast away the Beast who was the most powerful man on earth (2nd Thess.2:8)

· His House. The House that the Man Jesus will live in must reflect Who He is and what He has done

· That men must bow to Him in worship IN HIS PRESENCE AND OUT OF IT (Phil.2:10)

And this last point necessitates that men who enter His physical presence, like Aaron and all following High Priests did all those years, (i) have their sins put away, and (ii) be cleansed from the defiled flesh. Aaron and his line of High Priests had the Altar and the Laver in the OUTER COURT on and in the which they had to fulfill sacrifice and washing. One for sins and one for uncleanness. The Christian is no different EXCEPT that BECAUSE HE BELIEVES IN THE PERSON AND WORK OF CHRIST, he has BOTH done for Him by Jesus. But the nation of Israel and the nations REFUSED CHRIST. Fortunately, their sin and sins are put away by Christ BUT THEY WERE NEVER WASHED BY CHRIST. Our example of Judas is unequivocal. Judas lived side by side with Jesus for 3½ years and yet did not believe in Him. So when our Lord Jesus washed the disciples in John 13, Judas remained UNCLEAN. That is, UNBELIEVERS ARE UNCLEAN, even if their sins are put away. And if UNCLEAN, THEN THEY NEED TO BE CLEANSED BEFORE AUDIENCE WITH THE GREAT AND HOLY GOD-MAN JESUS IN JERUSALEM EVERY YEAR.

Now, in the Law of Moses, the requirements for CLEANSING Aaron for audience with God are laid down. They worked! Aaron was not ever slain despite the utter danger of entering the Holy of Holies. And God has decided that this procedure which He ordained for the cleansing of the FLESH is valid UNTIL HEAVEN AND EARTH PASS. After the heaven and earth have passed at the end of the Millennium, all men will have resurrected bodies. 1st Corinthians 15:42 tells us of the corrupted body; "So also is the resurrection of the dead. It (the body) is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption" That is, after the introduction of the Renewed Earth THE CLEANSING OF THE BODY IS NO LONGER NEED. ALL BODIES OF ALL MEN ARE IN INCORRUPTION. SO THE LAW WITH ITS ANIMAL SACRIFICES WILL PASS THEN. Then a different order will reign. The men who have been consigned to the Lake of Fire are regarded as UNCLEAN, and they will not be allowed audience with Jesus. Even a cursory look at Revelation 21:24-27 shows the change of regime.

24 "And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it (New Jerusalem): and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.
25 And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.
26 And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it.
27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life."

The process on the Renewed Earth is the SAME as the Millennium EXCEPT that all bodies are incorruptible. But those not written in the Book of Life, and who went to the Lake of Fire, are regarded as UNCLEAN and may not have audience with Christ and God. That is why they are called "CARCASSES" in Isaiah 66:24 - to depict their eternal unworthiness to have audience with God.
Ref: Walls, Bible Forum

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums