Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not true. We have a whole thread dedicated to the issue of providing proof. Either back your claim or admit is isn’t based in facts.
LOL, it’s common economic principle.
Central bankers take a guess at the natural rate and at how quickly unemployment that is “too low” will spark inflation, then seek the sweet spot: when the labour market is as tight as it can be without runaway price rises.
IMHO, at some point there aren’t enough workers. After raising wages and prices, then what? Then you have to push automation and find “non Americans” to fill the need.

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Question/doubting your identity is equivalent to "No true Scotsman"? Insecure much?

Nope, I just have a cold and not interested in putting up with the stupid "you don't think like me so you're not left-wing, hurrr" arguments this week.

Your link says it's have multiple issues regarding the article itself.

Dude, you quote some random reddit user as an authoritative source. You gave up the right to ever criticize anyone else's sources for a long time coming.

Do YOU even read the stuff that you posted? It makes no specific mention of "authorization left" AT ALL. Mind you that turmps and his cronies is also part of "The establishment", yet it never seemed to bother you.

What does "authoritarian left" have to do with anything? You were arguing that the establishment refers solely to the government, and I gave a link to show that no, it has a broader meaning as well.

As for turnips or whoever not bothering me, what are you talking about?

Do you even keep track of what you're posting?
You said "And I was referring to society." in clarification to the "authoritarian left" comment you made earlier.

Yes, do you keep track of what you type? I clarified I was using it in the broader, society-level sense. You then interpreted it like I was posting some DeviantArt level emo-goth nonsense. Is it so difficult to understand that I was referring to a broader context than you were using? Or was that just lame bait on your part?

Mockery is not an argument.

I agree.

No, I said "There is a reason why "reality have a liberal bias" meme is created, because the right have a keen habit of denying reality". Which you reply to me with a whataboutism fallacy.

No, I didn't. I responded to your implicit bias by pointing out that the left has its own share of problems with reality, and that repeating stale memes as an argument is utterly foolish.

That is complete projection on your part.

Really? Because you're the one who started out whinging that I wasn't being harsh enough to the right, so if I wanted to prove my credentials, I needed pick on those reality denying righties (cause at least leftists aren't like that!), and posting an old meme as if it were an argument. I responded by pointing out examples where progressives have been attempting to undermine the concept of science and truth as a whole these past few years. Your reaction was to start declaring me a right-wing sympathizer who needed to atone.

Yet you get so unreasonable defensive when I or other people make criticisms regarding the right. The only logical explanation that I can think of is that you consider yourself to be part of it, hence when they are criticized you unconsciously considered it to be an attacked on you. Which let me tell you something: this isn't about you.

I'm not defending the right here, I'm defending myself. I have progressives always on my butt about how I'm not a true liberal because liberal = progressive, and to be a classic liberal means I'm right-wing. Meanwhile, this is somehow not yet another purity test for me despite it starting out with you claiming that I am not critical enough of the right to be in the Left-wingers club.

So, let me ask you, what is this about then? The right-wing? You're the one who brought them up. I just point out progressives behaving exactly like they how they used to condemn Republicans for acting under Obama, and saying that they'd "never be so disrespectful, tut-tut-tut!" Meanwhile, many of these same people constantly dog-piled me and called me a racist for disrespectfully calling Obama "Barry" and claiming I'd never be so disrespectful to a white guy, despite the fact that I regularly referred to George W Bush as "A'dou" which is the nickname/childhood name of Liu Shan. Now I know that article says it has multiple issues, and it isn't a reddit board, but keep calm and read the first sentence of the second paragraph.

As for Mueller, I've stated from the beginning that this was going to be another Clinton, and another Bush. Small fries might get jail time, and maybe Trump gets impeached as censor, but nothing else is going to happen. The people who act like Trump was working directly with Russia, and think they're going to get Trump thrown out of office and/or in jail are just as delusional as the Birthers.

....What?

You progressives constantly crap on the 'left' side of the political fence by pushing for things like hate speech laws, deplatforming, and thought policing. Why wouldn't I call you guys out for that?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

super animator

Dreamer
Mar 25, 2009
✟134,615.00
Faith
Agnostic
Dude, you quote some random reddit user as an authoritative source.
Irrelevant. Address the message not the messenger Which in this case your article itself states it have multiple issues which you didn't seemed to mind. (Most noticeably the "original research" one)

What does "authoritarian left" have to do with anything? You were arguing that the establishment

I made no specific mentioning of "The establishment" that was completely on your doing.
Did your Focalin run out?
Keep the mockery and insults up and I will start reporting you for it.
Yes, do you keep track of what you type?
Do you?

"authoritarian left is still the current establishment"
"...I was using it in the broader, society-level sense."
In reference to the term "authoritarian left".
Which given this knowledge the above bold can be reasonably written as
"Society left is still the current establishment"
The conclusion is not far fetch.

No, I didn't.
Yes. You. did.
Your perceived "implicit bias" is result of your projection on me.

Really? Because you're the one who started out whinging
Now I know for complete certain that you are resorting to projection. Making an observation comment is not "whining".

I'm not defending the right here, I'm defending myself.
If you perceived questioning and doubting your position as an attacked on you, then that means you are being insecure in regards of your beliefs.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Irrelevant. Address the message not the messenger Which in this case your article itself states it have multiple issues which you didn't seemed to mind. (Most noticeably the "original research" one)

Can you at least be consistent in your argument. You attack my source, then quote an even less credible source and complain that I'm attacking it by calling your source nonsense.

Here, does this fit your standards: establishment Meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary

I made no specific mentioning of "The establishment" that was completely on your doing.

Yeah, I made one off-hand comment about it and now you've complained about my use of it or the source I cited to show that I wasn't referring to just the government, for four pages.

Who does that?

Keep the mockery and insults up and I will start reporting you for it.

Oh, yeah, that's a good idea. You repeatedly claim I'm something I'm not, post mocking pseudo-quotes from me, and then you're going to report me.

Do you?

"authoritarian left is still the current establishment"
"...I was using it in the broader, society-level sense."
In reference to the term "authoritarian left".
Which given this knowledge the above bold can be reasonably written as
"Society left is still the current establishment"
The conclusion is not far fetch.

Yeah, it is. Saying that the current norms are pretty far left is quite different than you mockingly asking me if that's my reason for being against society like I'm a mass shooter waiting to happen.

Now I know for complete certain that you are resorting to projection. Making an observation comment is not "whining".

Whinging, and yes it was. Someone accused me of unconditional support for Trump, I said no I didn't, and explained that I just don't think anything will come from this. They then ask me if I support obstruction of justice like that old "do you beat your wife" question, which they pulled out of their posterior like I even hinted at that. I shot back a quip because I didn't feel like chasing them down the usual rabbit hole of figuring out what they were trying to get at, and you stepped in.

You proceed to be an armchair psychiatrist, a political gatekeeper, and generally insulting provoker, and you wonder why I might be snippy with you?

Look, I'll even be the first to apologize for my abrasive behavior, and responses.

If you perceived questioning and doubting your position as an attacked on you, then that means you are being insecure in regards of your beliefs.

Maybe, or maybe I'm just really tired of progressives riding my butt about my heterodoxical beliefs and this, combined with my chronic pain and head cold, makes me a little quick on the draw. It's not like I'm constantly being told by far-left posters that I'm not a liberal, to the point I made a post or two about it just so I wouldn't have to keep having these same arguments. Wait, yeah, it is exactly like that.

Did I bite your head off? Yeah, sure, probably, and I'll apologize for that. Just do me a favor and don't pretend to not understand why I did not take your insults well.

Maybe I can help you understand a little better this way: If the alt-right actually just called themselves conservatives, and I were a conservative, and they were constantly up my backside accusing me of not being a genuine conservative, they would be the source of the majority of my ire. Because as far as I've seen the alt-right express their opinions, a large portion of them are right-wing versions of the so-called "Social Justice" types. Especially after hearing that one guy of theirs, Richard Spencer in one of his sad attempts at a debate.

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Speaking of cracking like an egg. A half-senile narcissist like Trump coming up against Mueller would be like Frank Burns trying to take Charles Winchester on in a battle of wits, except worse. Frank actually had some native intelligence (recessively).
Ringo

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Speaking of cracking like an egg. A half-senile narcissist like Trump coming up against Mueller would be like Frank Burns trying to take Charles Winchester on in a battle of wits, except worse. Frank actually had some native intelligence (recessively).
Ringo

Mueller would destroy Trump in an interview and make him look guilty even if he wasn't. I don't see the attorney's letting Trump do an in person interview, no way. Maybe written questions and or, Trump pleads the 5th and takes the heat.

Upvote 0

JGG

Mar 12, 2006
✟58,445.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Mueller would destroy Trump in an interview and make him look guilty even if he wasn't. I don't see the attorney's letting Trump do an in person interview, no way. Maybe written questions and or, Trump pleads the 5th and takes the heat.

I would say both having his lawyers write the answers and pleading the 5th makes him look guilty as well.

Frankly, every time he calls 'witch hunt' and points at Hillary saying she did worse he looks kinda guilty.

Upvote 0

super animator

Dreamer
Mar 25, 2009
✟134,615.00
Faith
Agnostic
I would laugh so hard if he is willing to interview because of his ego.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I would laugh so hard if he is willing to interview because of his ego.

Me too.

I don't think it will happen though, I think the attorney's will convince him on this one. It won't look good if he only does written responses and or pleads the fifth, but the risk of an in person interview, is off the charts for Trump.

When Clinton did it, he was the smartest person in the room, but Trump acts like a child, so we different ballgame.

• Agree
Reactions: ThatRobGuy
Upvote 0

JGG

Mar 12, 2006
✟58,445.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Me too.

I don't think it will happen though, I think the attorney's will convince him on this one. It won't look good if he only does written responses and or pleads the fifth, but the risk of an in person interview, is off the charts for Trump.

When Clinton did it, he was the smartest person in the room, but Trump acts like a child, so we different ballgame.

Maybe they could lock him in a room by himself with the list of questions and a crayon and see how he answers. Of course every question should have his name in it or he'll just skip it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Maybe they could lock him in a room by himself with the list of questions and a crayon and see how he answers. Of course every question should have his name in it or he'll just skip it.

Depends who would teach him how to use the crayons.

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Ringo

Even if Trump is interviewed, all that he'd have to do is invoke the fifth. People who are excited about this are like the ones who think that Clinton is going to go to jail this time. I'm afraid both sets of partisan fanboys are going to be disappointed.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Even if Trump is interviewed, all that he'd have to do is invoke the fifth. People who are excited about this are like the ones who think that Clinton is going to go to jail this time. I'm afraid both sets of partisan fanboys are going to be disappointed.
Only an idiot attorney would let somebody with Trump’s brain get on the stand or anywhere else an oath is taken.

• Agree
Reactions: bhsmte
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Only an idiot attorney would let somebody with Trump’s brain get on the stand or anywhere else an oath is taken.

There's not going to be a stand. In these kind of investigations, it would be either submitted by writing or done in Trump's office, etc. I'm not even sure why people think that this is huge , as the President is always interviewed at the end of these things. I'm just surprised that Mueller didn't drag it out longer.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There's not going to be a stand. In these kind of investigations, it would be either submitted by writing or done in Trump's office, etc. I'm not even sure why people think that this is huge , as the President is always interviewed at the end of these things. I'm just surprised that Mueller didn't drag it out longer.
Mueller isn’t Western Union. He won’t telegraph his moves.

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Only mueller really knows what his goal is. Could be Trump was in on everything, could be it was just those around him, in which case Trump is dumb enough to accidentally spill the beans on everyone, and selfish enough to do it to save himself. Either way an interview with Trump is going to be a goldmine for the investigation, even if all it reveals is Trump is an idiot who wasn't in control of his own campaign.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I know. The coward wouldn't even pledge loyalty to the President! What was he afraid of?!

Nope, not quite what i had in mind. Lets just say this, i learned a lot more about comey in the last 12 months, than i have about trump.

Upvote 0