Zen_Woof

Feb 3, 2004
✟2,226.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Married
Greetings all.

A very wise person has proposed in another thread that we all stop slinging mud at each other and generally be more respectful. I think this is an excellent idea. I know that I've been guilty of angry and disrespectful posting. I wish to apologize sincerely to anyone I have offended or hurt. I will try very hard to not violate it in the future.

With much metta,
Zen Woof

Heathen Dawn

Gesta Dei per Francos
Aug 13, 2003
Israel
Visit site
✟1,922.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Zen_Woof said:
A very wise person has proposed in another thread that we all stop slinging mud at each other and generally be more respectful.

You ask for the impossible, for what is the Bible but a record of Yahweh’s mud-slinging at all the other Gods?

Upvote 0

Hydra009

bel esprit
Oct 28, 2003
Raleigh, NC
✟18,036.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
You ask for the impossible, for what is the Bible but a record of Yahweh’s mud-slinging at all the other Gods?
Maybe that's true, but that doesn't mean Christians and non-Christians have to be at each other's throats all the time. It alienates us from each other and creates an atmosphere of hostility.

Besides, how one treats other people affects how one is treated.

Upvote 0

transientlife

lotus on the mount
Mar 21, 2004
✟1,724.00
Faith
Christian
What's that song again? "Dream the Impossible Dream"?

I agree with ya Zen...
Too many on here are firm in their beliefs and have their heels dug in the mud, though.

Debates are a lot more convincing when the mud is kept to a minimum. When it gets too deep, I think the legitimacy sinks.

Upvote 0

Arkanin

Human
Oct 13, 2003
Texas
✟7,151.00
Faith
Anglican
Politics
US-Libertarian
What is the Bible but a record of Yahweh’s mud-slinging at all the other Gods?
You're talking to Christians, not Yahweh.

By the way, an interesting fact for everybody that I only recently discovered: Yahweh would be bothered by us calling him Yahweh. The W in his name is a mistranslation of the Vulgate bible. It should be Yahveh, or, more correctly, YHVH.

Upvote 0