MariposaDeDio

Apr 11, 2006
Texas
✟15,481.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Here is my "talent" in case the judges don't know where it is posted on this thread. I will follow this by an encouraging song that is helping me through this rough time (this is not a song i wrote, it is by the Casting Crowns). It seems there are a lot of us who are going through a rough time right now. I will also post about my tennis accomplishments. These are all my "talent" entries.

This is a poem I wrote...

tears.jpg

IT HURTS…

It’s not okay to treat me this way
I’m taking a stand, starting today
I’m writing this down
If I don't, I will breakdown

The words you speak hurt me
They hurt terribly
They kill my pride
They make me want to hide

I don’t know what to feel
I don’t know how to deal
I cry all the time
I long for my heart to feel sublime

My self worth is gone
Everybody tells me I’m withdrawn
I deserve to be respected and loved
Not emotionally shoved

I love you dearly
I will not flee
My hope is that we can live in harmony
We deserve happiness for all eternity

Upvote 0

MariposaDeDio

Apr 11, 2006
Texas
✟15,481.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Here are the lyrics to a song I heard on the radio that touched me deeply yesterday evening. I've heard this song many times before but yesterday it reached out and grabbed me. It brought me so much comfort and hope.

:prayer: Thank you Lord for singers, songwriters, and musicians! They bless our lives in ways we often don't even realize and sometimes can't comprehend. They lift us up when we are feeling blue. They make our hearts sing when we're happy. They bring us hope and comfort in times of despair. Most of all, they help us draw near and praise You, Lord!

"Praise You In This Storm" by Casting Crowns

I was sure by now
That You would have reached down
And wiped our tears away
Stepped in and saved the day
But once again, I say "Amen", and it's still raining

As the thunder rolls
I barely hear Your whisper through the rain
"I'm with you"
And as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
And takes away

I'll praise You in this storm
And I will lift my hands
For You are who You are
No matter where I am
Every tear I've cried
You hold in Your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm

I remember when
I stumbled in the wind
You heard my cry
You raised me up again
My strength is almost gone
How can I carry on
If I can't find You

As the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain
"I'm with you"
And as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
And takes away

I lift my eyes unto the hills
Where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord
The Maker of Heaven and Earth

Upvote 0

MariposaDeDio

Apr 11, 2006
Texas
✟15,481.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My talent that I can't post is playing tennis so I will tell you a bit about it. I have been playing tennis for the past 4 years on a local USTA league. I first joined to get some exercise. I love it and have become very good at it.

I have won 1st place twice and 2nd place twice. This year I am Secretary for our local tennis association. I am head of the Scholarship Committee. I am also the league director for the ladies singles league.

Upvote 0

LivingRightForGod

god loves me and has a plan
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2005
birmingham
✟37,768.00
Faith
Wesleyan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
MariposaDeDio said:
Here is my "talent" in case the judges don't know where it is posted on this thread. I will follow this by an encouraging song that is helping me through this rough time (this is not a song i wrote, it is by the Casting Crowns). It seems there are a lot of us who are going through a rough time right now. I will also post about my tennis accomplishments. These are all my "talent" entries.

This is a poem I wrote...

tears.jpg

IT HURTS…

It’s not okay to treat me this way
I’m taking a stand, starting today
I’m writing this down
If I don't, I will breakdown

The words you speak hurt me
They hurt terribly
They kill my pride
They make me want to hide

I don’t know what to feel
I don’t know how to deal
I cry all the time
I long for my heart to feel sublime

My self worth is gone
Everybody tells me I’m withdrawn
I deserve to be respected and loved
Not emotionally shoved

I love you dearly
I will not flee
My hope is that we can live in harmony
We deserve happiness for all eternity

Very good can she go through to the next round i am stil low

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GodFlute2

I will be even MORE undignified for the Lord
Nov 16, 2004
church
Visit site
✟28,896.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
^I have a similar problem. Lol.

I've been playing flute for 4 years and 11.5 months. I was 7th chair in my sevenh grade school band of about 27 flutes. I have played for weddings, singspirations, and other special occasions in the past and will continue to play as my worship and ministry. I don't have any good recordings of myself or I would try to post it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GrammarGrl712

A Candle Burning Against the Wind
Jun 29, 2005
Georgia
✟27,912.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Ok, I'm gonna have to post my talent in two posts, so here's my first. :)

I watch him as he strides to the girl next to me
When it comes time to love he never seems to notice me
Why is it not my hand he wants to hold?
Why can’t I just be a little more bold?
I wish he could see what all this does to me
Why is this the way it has to be?
I feel undesired and unwanted
Why does he love her and not me?
What does he see?
Why do I rarely get a smile or a hug
But she gets both of these without even asking
I just want to be appreciated
To be noticed
I don’t want to be brushed off or ignored
I want to be the one he chooses
- An original poem by me, Amy

I have no one to talk to
No one to see me through
No one with whom to share my deepest thoughts and fears
I feel as if the real me is disappearing,
Quickly fading
I don’t even know who I am anymore,
For I have had no one, for what seems infinite time, to share the real me with
I’m frightened and scared,
Wondering if I’ll have just a surface and nothing else, if everything stays the same
I need a friend
Who will come take my hand
And just be there for me
I need a friend I can tell my deepest feelings and secrets
And not to have to wonder whom they’ll share them with
A friend who is there when you need them
A friend who hates to see you hurt
A friend who just listens when it’s needed
And comforts without the idea even being seeded
A friend I can talk to for hours
A friend who will sympathize and understand
This is the kind of friend I need
To bring out the real me
- An original poem by me, Amy

Dolphin.jpg

Garfield.jpg

ManEatingApplevs.jpg

CrackerBox.jpg
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a312/GrammarGrl712/CrackerBox.jpg

Upvote 0

GrammarGrl712

A Candle Burning Against the Wind
Jun 29, 2005
Georgia
✟27,912.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Here's the second part :) -

Tom slowly opened his eyes and looked about the room, the clock read 7:30 as he pulled himself out of bed. He looked around the room again and was comforted when he saw Annie lying on the bed, next to where he had slept. He went about his daily routine with as little noise as possible, so he would not wake Annie. As he shuffled about he also prayed and thanked God for giving him a good night’s sleep and for making him feel rested and rejuvenated, he couldn’t remember the last time he had slept well. When it neared noon Tom began to worry about Annie, even on the days she slept in she rarely slept past ten. He went into the room they had shared for a few years now and went to her side of the bed. He was petrified when he saw her chest neither rise nor fall, he frantically checked her pulse, but felt nothing. He feared that the last friend he had in this world was now gone. He tried several things to revive her, but nothing worked, so he lied on his side of the bed, drew Annie’s body close to him and bawled. He now wished that Annie were human, instead of his loyal dog, so he could give her a proper funeral. She had been his best friend since Cassie had to gone to be with her Lord and Savior and he felt horrible when he thought about how this old friend and comfort would end up buried in his yard. Tom now felt there was nothing to live for; the two things he loved most were gone. He felt like screaming until his lungs would not allow him to do so anymore and throw his belongings at the walls until everything in his sight had crashed and broke. He gently let Annie go and nearly jumped out of bed with anger and frustration. He needed to do something, get all these feelings, stirring inside him, out. He went to his old, mahogany desk in the corner of his room and wrote a suicide letter, though he was certain no one would find it. No one cared about Tom anymore, no one called, no one wrote, no one dropped by to say “hello”, he felt horribly alone and was sick and tired of it and was ready to leave it. He searched the house for the weapon he would use to destroy himself. He wanted it to be painful, he wanted it to show how he felt: angry, hurt, depressed, and lonely. He quickly grabbed a sharp knife from the kitchen drawer, sat on the floor and sobbed as he thought about his dear wife he had lost what seemed like forever ago and was quickly overtaken by a feeling of remorse and guilt, he felt that her death was his fault. Why had he not jumped in front of her at the last second so he would take the brute of all those bullets that had gone into her chest? He knew he could have stopped her from those few moments of pain she had to endure and from the fear when the bullets ripped into her flesh. Tom had always been mystified by how much peace she had when it came to death, she never talked about it as if it frightened her and even when the bullets hit her all she would do was comfort Tom as wept and held her, by saying “Darling, it’s alright, it’s fine, I’m going to see Jesus, we’ll see each other soon.” She had repeated the phrase over and over until she had but one breath left and with that she whispered to Tom with all the voice she could muster, “I love you with all my heart.” The next moment she was gone. He missed her and longed to be with her and hold her, just one more time. He felt overwhelming guilt and hurt and longing all over again. As the tears poured from his eyes, he shakily took the knife and slit his left wrist. He watched as the blood poured from his body and almost rejoiced. It felt so good to know that it would be over soon, he wanted to endure the pain almost as a tribute to his wife and what she had to suffer. As more memories of his dear, lovely, God-fearing wife came to him he found another burst of energy, as his body grew weak from all his sobbing and wailing and the from all the blood that had gushed out of him, and slit his right wrist. He dropped the knife from his trembling hands and stared at the blood that was gushing from his veins. He then closed his eyes and prayed, “God, please help me, I’m really hurting and it’s just too much to bear. Please forgive me for the murder I have just committed. I want to be with you when I die and see my wife again. Please give me comfort and peace as I pass into the eternal world. Thank you, God. Amen.” Tom laid his head against the counter and just closed his eyes as he started feeling dizzy and felt the red liquid pour from his body. He opened his eyes, just for a moment, and saw stars and things started growing dark, but as the blackness was overcoming him he saw a blurry image come through his front door, he prayed fervently to God in those last conscious moments, “God, please, no, don’t let anyone find me. Let me go. I don’t want to live anymore. Please, God, please!”

The man who had come through the door rushed to Tom when he had seen what the unfamiliar man had done. He quickly grabbed a towel from the counter and pressed it hard against the man’s wrists. He prayed frantically as he tried to bring this man back to consciousness, “God, I see now why I felt the urge to come here. Please help me save this man. Please help me to have a heart for him and try to understand why he would have done this. Please let him feel comfortable enough with me to later tell me why he attempted to kill himself. Thank you, God. Amen.”

Tom moaned as he slipped slowly back into awareness. He opened one eye and groaned at the bright sunlight shining through his open window and looked around. He was in his bed; he wondered what time it was and how he got there. He moved his arm to turn the clock towards him and winced at the pain he felt shoot up his arm. The stranger who had saved Tom came into the room with a bowl of nice, hot chicken noodle soup and saw that Tom was awake. He quietly thanked God for everything he had been able to do for this man so far. Tom now quickly opened both eyes and stared at the stranger in his bedroom. “What are you doing here? Who are you?” Tom demanded. “Settle down, it’s ok. My name’s Frank. I was driving through neighborhood, just kinda cruising along, checkin’ out the town and all and I suddenly felt an urge, from God, to come to your house, though I didn’t know it was from Him at the time. I got to your door and knocked. I thought it was kinda weird that no one answered, ‘cause there was a car in the driveway, so I opened the door, ready to apologize if someone was coming to answer it. I saw you and immediately knew why I was led here. I ran to you and helped stop your wrists from bleedin’ anymore, you had cut yourself pretty bad. Now a day later here you are, ready to get better.” Frank said, and with the next statement his voice grew gentle and soft. “Would you mind telling me what happened that was so bad that you tried to kill yourself?” Tom fought back the tears as he recalled everything he had the day before when he first grabbed the knife. With a shaky voice he said, “Well, first, let me introduce myself. I’m Tom, I would shake your hand, but my arms are a little sore.” He paused for a long time as Frank patiently waited, hoping and praying the man would feel comfortable sharing his troubles with a stranger. Finally Tom’s voice was heard again in the small room, “It was a lot of things. It’s a long story. I don’t think you want to hear it.” “I have lots of time. Please tell me, I would really like to know,” Frank replied. So slowly Tom began to tell Frank the whole story, by the time he was done it was nearly sunset and both men were in tears. Frank tried to compose himself and after a few moments said, “Let’s pray.” “I’d like that,” came Tom’s still quiet and shaky voice. “God,” Frank began, “Tom’s in a lot of pain right now. Please comfort him and give him peace. He really needs you right now. Please show him what to do. Please guide him and give him a peace and stillness only You can provide. Thank you, God, for all you have done through this wonderful man and what you are yet to do.” “Amen,” they both said in unison as Tom’s tears seemed to be wiped away by an invisible hand. Tom felt an overwhelming peace and felt as if God were caressing his heart. He closed his eyes for a quick moment and said an overwhelming thank you to his Lord.

That night Tom lay in his bed for the first time in a long time without shedding tears. He still felt the overwhelming peace and comfort God had given him earlier and still provided for this emotionally struggling man. Even as Tom thought about Cassie he felt a tranquility and calmness he hadn’t felt since she had died. He prayed another thank you to his wonderful God as he drifted off to sleep. His dreams were all pleasant, unlike so many nights past. He dreamed that he had died and gone to heaven. He could see Cassie and he ran to her with all his might and held her tightly in a huge, firm hug. He never wanted to let her go again. As the dream came to an end, Tom let out his last breath of his life on earth, and his wonderful dream became reality. His pain had come to an end, he was with his God and Savior and Friend and he was once again with his beautiful, joyful, wonderful wife and he could not contain himself. He had the broadest smile as he realized and knew he would never again feel pain.

In the morning, Frank came as promised and was shocked and a little frightened when Tom did not answer. He had seemed at peace last night, but what if he had tried to take his own life again? He felt like he had the first time he had been at this door and he opened it quickly and frantically. He didn’t see Tom right away and felt a little better. He might have just been sleeping, so he ventured into Tom’s room and found him with the most calming, peaceful, happiest smile he had seen in his life. Frank was slightly alarmed at how still Tom was, but once again he reasoned that he was probably just in a deep sleep. He went up next to Tom and lightly shook him. Tom did not wake up, nor did he move, Frank shook him several times, harder and harder with each shake, trying desperately to draw Tom out of a sleep that was eternal. After a long while Frank checked Tom’s pulse as tears formed in his eyes. He had only known this man for a day, but he had loved him so. The tears rushed down his cheeks as he discovered there was no pulse, he knew that God had taken him peacefully, but he still felt a sting over losing a new friend. He bowed his head and prayed, “God, thank you so much for taking my new friend, Tom, so peacefully. I know he was struggling and that he wanted to be with you. Thank you for the role I played in his life, even if it was small. Please give me a peace and comfort, knowing that he is with You. Thank you, God, for everything you have done and will do. I love you. Amen.” As Frank left with a few tears still slowly sliding down his cheeks he felt the most amazing feeling he had felt in his life, God was answering his prayer and giving him the peace and comfort he had asked for and he knew that everything was going to be fine.

EPILOGUE

Frank had Tom’s funeral organized and put together. Few people came but, the few that did were mourning very deeply. Frank only felt the overwhelming peace and comfort he had felt when he left Tom’s house, the day he had discovered him dead, once more in his life and he was grateful. Because of Tom, Frank decided he wanted to be an elderly caretaker. He was very successful in the profession and helped many elderly people. He got married to a wonderful woman and had two kids, a boy and a girl. His son was named Tom and his daughter was named Cassie.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.