Marlborough MA
✟8,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In Isaiah chapter 7, the context seems to be 800 BC or so where King Ahaz is being told not to fear an invasion from Syria or the northern tribes and then the prophet says that a virgin birth will be given as a sign. What would Ahaz had thought about this ? If it refers to something that is going to happen hundreds of years later then how can he understand anything about it or how would it pertain to the present situation he was in ?

I have not always tried to understand some of these messianic prophecies in detail. I did look up Isaiah chapter 53 which certainly seems quite amazing. For a long time I have often focused on many other sections of the bible such as the 5 books of Moses, Samuel, Kings, Psalms, the Gospels and revelations. Lately I have been looking at some of the minor prophets and other messianic prophecies to see what I can figure out from them

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
There are TWO children in the Is 7,8,9 sequence.

1. One is in Isaiah's day.
2. The other is Christ in His day.

The one is Isaiah's day ---

Is 8:3 So I approached the prophetess, and she conceived and gave birth to a son. Then the Lord said to me, “Name him Maher-shalal-hash-baz; 4 for before the boy knows how to cry out ‘My father’ or ‘My mother,’ the wealth of Damascus and the spoils of Samaria will be carried away before the king of Assyria.”

So there is a real literal child involved in the local application of these three chapters. IT is not just the apocalyptic Messianic application.

The same is true of Satan in Isaiah 14 and Ezek 28. There are local kings being addressed but the full application to what is said there only applies to Satan himself.

Upvote 0