xcxb xcvb n bv b
✟33,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What does it mean when I reach the conclusion that I don't really believe and don't negate Jesus either? Neither yes nor no. What does that make me. I still believe tente'a God.
The Bible shows it as someone who is lukewarm. Neither hot nor cold. The Laodiceans.

• Agree
Reactions: SolomonVII
Upvote 0

Lord'sWarrior

Jan 14, 2017
Resi
✟24,557.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
lukewarm - to be spewed out of the mouth of Jesus Christ
What do you mean as to -don't believe? You don't believe in eternal life and He is the only way to arrive there?
I simply don't feel it. To believe in Him would be forced. I'm not doing it on purpose.

Upvote 0

Lord'sWarrior

Jan 14, 2017
Resi
✟24,557.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
So you think you have need of nothing, not even the Savior?
What do you want to feel?
Probably I don't think that. What am I supposed to do. I don't do it on purpose. I would want to feel a strong pull towards him.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
What does it mean when I reach the conclusion that I don't really believe and don't negate Jesus either? Neither yes nor no. What does that make me. I still believe tente'a God.

agnostic?

• Agree
Reactions: S.O.J.I.A.
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Seriously, it makes you a Unitarian. It doesn't make you a member of a congregation, but if you want a label to put on what you described, that's it (assuming that you care about ethical standards of living, the brotherhood of man, etc.-- IOW that you're still religious in a very broad sense).

• Haha
Reactions: SolomonVII
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lord'sWarrior

Jan 14, 2017
Resi
✟24,557.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Seriously, it makes you a Unitarian. It doesn't make you a member of a congregation, but if you want a label to put on what you described, that's it (assuming that you care about ethical standards of living, the brotherhood of man, etc.-- IOW that you're still religious in a very broad sense).
I believe in brotherhood, peace and love. Deep relationships. What does that make me? Is Unitarian a bad thing?

Reactions: Sarah G
Upvote 0

MyGivenNameIsKeith

Oct 16, 2017
xcxb xcvb n bv b
✟33,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
But I believe in God. Even the "one" from the old testament.
1 John 2:22-23 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I believe in brotherhood, peace and love. Deep relationships. What does that make me? Is Unitarian a bad thing?

Not a bad thing. The Unitarian Church was founded 200 years ago and is a well-recognized church, but it's very liberal. To be sure, some Christians would say it's bad, but they're already going to say that because you don't accept Christ as God in the flesh or your personal savior, etc. Some members are atheist but have ethical standards, others agnostics, plus different varieties of believers in Jesus.

Take a look at their website or the Wikipedia entry for more info. It's the Unitarian Universalist Association. There even used to be an icon for them among all the other churches that we got to select from when making up our personal profile here on Christian Forums.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sarah G
Upvote 0

Heart2Soul

Site Supporter
Sep 25, 2017
Tulsa
✟158,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Honestly it means you are straddling the fence. May I ask what you know about Jesus?

Upvote 0

Lord'sWarrior

Jan 14, 2017
Resi
✟24,557.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Not a bad thing. The Unitarian Church was founded 200 years ago and is a well-recognized church, but it's very liberal. To be sure, some Christians would say it's bad, but they're already going to say that because you don't accept Christ as God in the flesh or your personal savior, etc. Some members are atheist but have ethical standards, others agnostics, plus different varieties of believers in Jesus.

Take a look at their website or the Wikipedia entry for more info. It's the Unitarian Universalist Association. There even used to be an icon for them among all the other churches that we got to select from when making up our personal profile here on Christian Forums.
Thanks. I gave it a look on Wikipedia.

Honestly it means you are straddling the fence. May I ask what you know about Jesus?
I've read the new testament a few times and do it regularly. But I dont know Jesus. He hasn't revealed himself to me. I dont accept nor deny he is the Saviour. But believe in God. Maybe this is a stepping stone so I might believe one day. But now it's neither yes nor no.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Grace2022

Jun 9, 2017
Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Well it means you are open to knowing the Lord. You can learn how to pray and trust then see for yourself what happens.
Try praying to Jesus to ask Him to show you in your life that He is real. Ask for Him to step into specific problems you may have. Then wait. Watch how the solutions happen. It is amazing.
Also consider going to church, start reafing your bible, talk to Christians about their testimony. I used to be like you and it took a painful close bereavement for me to finally realise i cannot do this life on my own strength, i had run out. Soon as i truly humbly turned to God for help, it was granted. We have to come to that point. Meet God at that junction.

Another point is that before accepting Jesus nothing makes sense. But after you do, everything does. An understanding clicks into place and the Bible comes alive.

• Agree
Reactions: Dave G.
Upvote 0

Heart2Soul

Site Supporter
Sep 25, 2017
Tulsa
✟158,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thanks. I gave it a look on Wikipedia.

I've read the new testament a few times and do it regularly. But I dont know Jesus. He hasn't revealed himself to me. I dont accept nor deny he is the Saviour. But believe in God. Maybe this is a stepping stone so I might believe one day. But now it's neither yes nor no.

The Bible says No man come unto the Father except that the Holy Spirit draws them...So if I were in your shoes I would ask God (whom you do believe in) to send His Spirit to minister to your heart and draw you to Him. No one ever knows Jesus until they are taught by The Word and ironically Jesus is The Word..."in the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God"...a little further down it says "The Word became flesh and dwelt among us". And secondly Jesus states that He and the Father are one, if you have seen Him then you have seen the Father. So back to the drawing by the Holy Spirit I believe you are on the verge of a spiritual breakthrough....God loves those who seek the Truth and He says if you seek me...you WILL find me.

Upvote 0

Lord'sWarrior

Jan 14, 2017
Resi
✟24,557.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Well it means you are open to knowing the Lord. You can learn how to pray and trust then see for yourself what happens.
Try praying to Jesus to ask Him to show you in your life that He is real. Ask for Him to step into specific problems you may have. Then wait. Watch how the solutions happen. It is amazing.
Also consider going to church, start reafing your bible, talk to Christians about their testimony. I used to be like you and it took a painful close bereavement for me to finally realise i cannot do this life on my own strength, i had run out. Soon as i truly humbly turned to God for help, it was granted. We have to come to that point. Meet God at that junction.

Another point is that before accepting Jesus nothing makes sense. But after you do, everything does. An understanding clicks into place and the Bible comes alive.
I prayed that God be it Jesus or not to reveal himself to me, because as you said, I also dont know who is he. Um all my humillity. I pray it be answered. Thanks for the words of comfort.

Upvote 0

Lord'sWarrior

Jan 14, 2017
Resi
✟24,557.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The Bible says No man come unto the Father except that the Holy Spirit draws them...So if I were in your shoes I would ask God (whom you do believe in) to send His Spirit to minister to your heart and draw you to Him. No one ever knows Jesus until they are taught by The Word and ironically Jesus is The Word..."in the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God"...a little further down it says "The Word became flesh and dwelt among us". And secondly Jesus states that He and the Father are one, if you have seen Him then you have seen the Father. So back to the drawing by the Holy Spirit I believe you are on the verge of a spiritual breakthrough....God loves those who seek the Truth and He says if you seek me...you WILL find me.
Thanks for the encouraging words!

Reactions: Heart2Soul
Upvote 0

Heart2Soul

Site Supporter
Sep 25, 2017
Tulsa
✟158,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thanks for the encouraging words!
You are very welcome and it really blesses me that you are willing to seek the truth rather than to stay stagnant never gaining knowledge one way or the other. You are going to be a great witness and testimony to others who struggle in the belief as you do. I hope to hear from you when that day comes that your spiritual eyes are opened and you have come to believe in Jesus as Lord and Savior! God Bless and I will personally put you on my prayer list and intercede for you.

• Winner
Reactions: Linktogunner
Upvote 0