Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The Lord saves the crushed in spirit, but I don't feel saved at all.

"Feelings come and feelings go,
And feelings are deceiving.
My warrant is the word of God,
Nought else is worth believing."

• Agree
Reactions: iwbswiaihl2
Upvote 0

iwbswiaihl2

Aug 18, 2007
✟40,387.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
well, I try not to sin. That's obeying. Also I pray. But I never felt Love. I'm a torn wreck inside and even begging mercy, I get no relief.

Search the scripture, they will guide you in your walk. You keep talking about what you felt, how you feel, 2Cor5:7 for we walk by faith and not by sight, this is one of the standards of the faith, we are not to walk by feeling, what we see, but by faith. God says He will never leave us nor forsake us, do you believe it, claim and walk by it always thanking Him for being with you. Faith is the evidence. Heb 11:1-3 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. 2 For by it the elders obtained a good testimony.3 By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible. Read all of Hebrews 11 no where will it tell you any other walk but one of faith. Its the only way of pleasing God in your walk, Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. Growing in the faith regardless of your circumstances and trusting God is the norm of growing in your trusting of Him and His word, because we are assured of these two great and wonderful blessings found in these two scriptures, but you must have faith they are true to experience them, one can be saved and not enjoy His promises because of unbelief; 1 Cor 10:12-13 Therefore let him who thinks he stands take heed lest he fall. 13 No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it. Read those last 3 words carefully, bear it, bear up under it, because of the first parts of that v13 no testing taking you beyond what you can bear, faith gets you through it, not feelings. And this one Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. Were you to look up that first phrase in an interlinear text you would find that "and we know" is in the perfect tense, meaning that it happened in the past and has present day results of not needing to take place again, in other words once you know the truths that I have shown you here and believe them and truly know they will are always true not by your circumstance but by faith trusting the Lord, you will always know his promises are true and all things are working for your good, giving you strength to endure the hard things of life, this life is passing away, we look to the eternal state of our being with the Lord. Read again chapter 11 of Hebrews and see what those saints endured, they knew where the home was, our cross to bear is what Jesus said in the garden, "not My will be done but Your Father". Put off the feeling and replace them with faith, the just shall walk by faith.

Another example of the perfect tense to sense it's true meaning is when Jesus said "it is finished" it never needs to be repeated, it will always be true, nothing else need take place to redeem those who receive Him by faith, it is finished.:clap::clap::amen:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith