Georgia
✟911,707.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I prayed that God be it Jesus or not to reveal himself to me, because as you said, I also dont know who is he. Um all my humillity. I pray it be answered. Thanks for the words of comfort.

Ask yourself the question "What if Christianity is correct? What if the Bible is correct? what if Jesus is the one and only Savior of the world? what if I turned away from that?" -- (it is Christmas time so for the sake of the season read that commentary on the birth of Christ at the very least)

I have friends that are Hindu - they believe in many god and in their view Jesus is just one of the many and so in their view it is just fine to be a Christian. So if they are right... Christians lose thing.

I have friends that are atheists. They believe absolutely nothing happens after you die whether you are a Christian or an atheist. They believe Christians get the same "whole in the ground" result as an atheist. So if they are right and I am a Christian - I lose zero-amount-of-eternal-life because nobody was going to get that in the first place.

That means Christianity needs a good hard look before turning from it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Benaiahian Monk

Benaiah “ the Lord builds” 2 Samuel 23:20
Dec 14, 2017
Tappahannock
✟17,499.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Keeping reading and praying some water some seed but God gives the increase. Pray and ask him to save you. But don’t go for that pray line and I’m good.

So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase. Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour. According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon. For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
1 Corinthians 3:7-8,10-11
In addition don’t let people bitter your heart from the Savior . Some are militant and can’t wait to jab you in the mouth With scripture.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Heart2Soul
Upvote 0

Marvin Knox

Senior Veteran
May 9, 2014
✟84,598.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
But I believe in God. Even the "one" from the old testament.
With all due respect - so did Judas and so does Satan.

In so far as salvation - it accounts for nothing.
I believe in brotherhood, peace and love. Deep relationships. What does that make me?
Oprah Winfrey?

Upvote 0

Vicomte13

Jan 6, 2016
Westport, Connecticut
✟93,837.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What does it mean when I reach the conclusion that I don't really believe and don't negate Jesus either? Neither yes nor no. What does that make me. I still believe tente'a God.

I would say that you need more proof. Want some?

Upvote 0

Heart2Soul

Site Supporter
Sep 25, 2017
Tulsa
✟158,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am embarrassed at how many posts were condemning you...you are sharing from your heart and seeking answers. Well God understands and He is able to put the right person in your life who will know how to help you see Jesus. I don't condemn you. I don't judge. I listen. Hang in there!

Upvote 0

Outward Perspective

Dec 22, 2017
Central Indiana
✟7,712.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I believe that if you are saved you would simply be backsliding. Everyone has doubts about God, it's only natural in our human nature. You may need re-assurance of your salvation though if you have not done so. Nothing will cause you to doubt God more than temptation of the devil if you are not saved. He would desire nothing more than for you to completely abandoned the belief of God. Whatever your specific case, just know that God is real, and he will help you to know he is there. I just had an experience today that reinforced my belief in God. My job is coming to an end at the end of the year, and we are running really really low on money because of the holiday season. I had been searching for a job for months and wasn't getting anywhere, it has been an incredible stressful week. So last night I basically told God that I was just leaving this up to him, that I had done what I could. Anyways today I received a call to come in for an interview at a job making nearly three times what I am making now, and recieved a Christmas bonus check for $150, and a reimbursement I didn't know about for another 30. God is incredible, and remember that God never leaves us, he pursues us, and we are the ones that stray. Just remember God loves you, and he wants you to come to him. I will be praying for you. I just wrote an article on my website about backsliding and the Lukewarm Christian, you might find it beneficial to check out outwardperspective.wordpress.com

Last edited:
Reactions: Lord'sWarrior
Upvote 0

Arthur B Via

Art
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2016
✟86,673.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
What does it mean when I reach the conclusion that I don't really believe and don't negate Jesus either? Neither yes nor no. What does that make me. I still believe tente'a God.
It means you are lost my friend. It's very simple though. There's one God, one Savior Jesus, one people and one world. We all stink so God/Jesus came to accept our/your punishment, and all He requires is our TRUE Faith in His finished Work at the Cross. Believe in Jesus and the Holy Spirit will do the rest my friend... Merry Christmas.

Upvote 0

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

That means you're lukewarm.

Upvote 0

OzSpen

Oct 15, 2005
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
Visit site
✟125,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private

Gierrier,

Even though you are a fence sitter, you are still an unbeliever who, if you were to die now, would suffer the eternal consequences of not having faith in Jesus alone for salvation (Acts 4:11-12).

Oz

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

OzSpen

Oct 15, 2005
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
Visit site
✟125,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I simply don't feel it. To believe in Him would be forced. I'm not doing it on purpose.

Guerrier,

Christianity is not a 'feeling' religion. If my faith was based on some of the feelings I have right now after my Christian wife of 48 years has left me and committed adultery with the pastor of the church we attended, I'd be up the creek. I've been experiencing hell on earth for the last 12 months and the 'feelings' have been horrible.

My faith is:

fff-jwm.jpg

This fact involves the truth of God's existence, the reliability of the Scripture, the fact of the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, and the fact that Jesus will come again and there will be new heavens and a new earth where righteousness dwells.

No matter how you feel, I urge you to follow the instructions of Paul & Silas to the Philippian jailer: 'Then he brought them outside and asked, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?” 31 They replied, “Believe in the Lord Jesus and you will be saved, you and your household"' (Acts 16:30-31 NET).

This is my outline of the Gospel that I've summarised from John Macarthur: The content of the Gospel - and some discipleship.

Blessings,
Oz

Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟323,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It means you're being honest, which is the best place to be, in a position of truth, rather than to pretend to believe what you really don't. At the same time it's obvious that you have a degree of faith. And from that position you can ask God, like the father in Matt 9:24, for more faith.

You're in a good place. Keep asking, seeking, knocking and over time the Christian faith will prove itself to you. Seeking God/Truth pleases Him immensely; that seeking is itself an act of faith and God is very patient with us in this quest. Either way we only "own" our faith to the extent that we seek and find it for ourselves, always with the help of grace.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lord'sWarrior
Upvote 0

Benaiahian Monk

Benaiah “ the Lord builds” 2 Samuel 23:20
Dec 14, 2017
Tappahannock
✟17,499.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption: It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power: It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body. And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit. Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual. The first man is of the earth, earthy; the second man is the Lord from heaven. As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly. And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly. Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption. Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
1 Corinthians 15:42-53
This in response to the unborn lost.
They will have a glorified body

Upvote 0

Lord'sWarrior

Jan 14, 2017
Resi
✟24,557.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I really want to believe, but I cannot force myself. It would be a fake belief. I do believe in a superior power, that might be God but I can't force myself to believe in the gospel as much as I would like to. Maybe I'm not chosen to. Isn't there predestination? Maybe it's this way.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,707.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I really want to believe, but I cannot force myself. It would be a fake belief. I do believe in a superior power, that might be God but I can't force myself to believe in the gospel as much as I would like to. Maybe I'm not chosen to. Isn't there predestination? Maybe it's this way.

this is not about forcing yourself.

IT is about reading ... and choice.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lord'sWarrior

Jan 14, 2017
Resi
✟24,557.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
this is not about forcing yourself.

IT is about reading ... and choice.
It's not about choice. Whether you believe or don't believe. You don't choose to believe. If you are convinced of a truth only then you accept, otherwise you remain the same. I bet there are a lot of people that would like to believe sincirely but they simply don't feel that pull from that side. You choose to buy a shirt, God choses you to believe in Jesus. Even I know that.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,707.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
It's not about choice. Whether you believe or don't believe. You don't choose to believe. If you are convinced of a truth only then you accept, otherwise you remain the same. I bet there are a lot of people that would like to believe sincirely but they simply don't feel that pull from that side. You choose to buy a shirt, God choses you to believe in Jesus. Even I know that.

I posted a very good commentary on the life of Christ and also the reference to the Gospel of John.

Step 1. Choose to read it.
Step 2. look at the logical choices I presented concerning atheism, Buddhism and Christianity -
Step 3. make a choice

One does not begin as a fully convinced Christian "And then read the Gospels" or "and then read about the life of Christ".

One must "choose" to read - and then God also will "choose" to cause the new birth. When you go to the Bible and read the Gospels - praying as you go that God will reveal Himself ... He will. When you go to that commentary on the life of Christ - praying as you read .. that God will reveal Himself and cause the new birth - He will.

But if you stay stuck in the world of iPhone and media blitz, movie, sports, entertainment, music... (ie. - distraction) well then you are "choosing" already and God will honor that choice too.

in Christ,

Bob

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Lord'sWarrior

Jan 14, 2017
Resi
✟24,557.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I posted a very good commentary on the life of Christ and also the reference to the Gospel of John.

Step 1. Choose to read it.
Step 2. look at the logical choices I presented concerning atheism, Buddhism and Christianity -
Step 3. make a choice

One does not begin as a fully convinced Christian "And then read the Gospels" or "and then read about the life of Christ".
No point arguing...

Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟323,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
"

Don't worry about predestination; that only confuses the issue; we can't second-guess what only God knows for sure. Just seek, as you can and as you will. Study, pray. That's enough. God will do the rest. Keep being honest with yourself about it; not all people who claim to have great faith really do-people are motivated by various reasons to fake it. Fear and pride and even greed can play their roles. Humility is the key to relationship with God. And know that that relationship will always be imperfect while here on earth, not fully consummated:
"For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known." 1 Cor 13:12

But He will reveal Himself. Faith is a gift-and you already have it. And that faith will grow as you continue to want it and respond to His calling you.

Upvote 0

Lord'sWarrior

Jan 14, 2017
Resi
✟24,557.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
"

Don't worry about predestination; that only confuses the issue; we can't second-guess what only God knows for sure. Just seek, as you can and as you will. Study, pray. That's enough. God will do the rest. Keep being honest with yourself about it; not all people who claim to have great faith really do-people are motivated by various reasons to fake it. Fear and pride and even greed can play their roles. Humility is the key to relationship with God. And know that that relationship will always be imperfect while hear on earth, not fully consummated:
"For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known." 1 Cor 13:12

But He will reveal Himself. Faith is a gift-and you already have it. And that faith will grow as you continue to want it and respond to His calling you.
Much thankful for your inspiring words. Blessings!

Upvote 0