Greece
✟16,547.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
In principle God created His Wisdom.
To His Wisdom He gave a Face: the Theotokos
In the Face and Body of the Theotokos He became Son.

With this simple description one can understand how the Theotokos (Virgin Mary) is present inside the hypostatic Trinity.
The liaison among all is due by the Holy Spirit.

May God bless all of you for this initiative.

Last edited:

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,022,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Welcome to Christian Forums! I hope you enjoy your time here. I recommend you check out Traditional Theology, the Oriental Orthodox subforum, and some of the other Theology forums.

If you'd like to discuss your view of the Trinity, I recommend asking for it to be moved to one of the theology forums, as we stick to introductions in this forum.

Once again, welcome!

Upvote 0
Dec 9, 2016
Greece
✟16,547.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Welcome to Christian Forums! I hope you enjoy your time here. I recommend you check out Traditional Theology, the Oriental Orthodox subforum, and some of the other Theology forums.

If you'd like to discuss your view of the Trinity, I recommend asking for it to be moved to one of the theology forums, as we stick to introductions in this forum.

Once again, welcome!
Tks for welcoming me. I do appreciate your suggestion and I kindly request whether you can move the above Trinity description to the appropriate Oriental Orthodox subforum.
It ma be useful sharing the view with other participants.
Deacon Martin

Reactions: All4Christ
Upvote 0

All4Christ

CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,022,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Tks for welcoming me. I do appreciate your suggestion and I kindly request whether you can move the above Trinity description to the appropriate Oriental Orthodox subforum.
It ma be useful sharing the view with other participants.
Deacon Martin

As an ambassador, I can't personally, but I will request the moderators to move it. Once again, welcome!

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Hello, Deacon Martin. I'd like to add my welcome to A4C's. :)

I am interested to follow this discussion with your fellow OOs. I am afraid I can't comment since I've never heard such a description.

Though it might get wider attention in Traditional Theology. I'm sure the OO forum is a good place to start. We don't currently have very many OO posters but the ones we do have are highly valued contributors. I'm sure they will be glad to see you as well.

And since the OO forum is low-volume, you are welcome to join in fellowship in the EO forum as well. We share a very great deal. :)

Again, welcome to CF! We are glad to have you!

Reactions: All4Christ
Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟917,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Op requested thread move from introduce yourself to The Voice In The Desert - Oriental Orthodox

thread moved.png

Upvote 0
Dec 9, 2016
Greece
✟16,547.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Hello, Deacon Martin. I'd like to add my welcome to A4C's. :)

I am interested to follow this discussion with your fellow OOs. I am afraid I can't comment since I've never heard such a description.

Though it might get wider attention in Traditional Theology. I'm sure the OO forum is a good place to start. We don't currently have very many OO posters but the ones we do have are highly valued contributors. I'm sure they will be glad to see you as well.

And since the OO forum is low-volume, you are welcome to join in fellowship in the EO forum as well. We share a very great deal. :)

Again, welcome to CF! We are glad to have you!

Tks for warm welcome.
I'd like to share this view with venerables fathers and posters of the forum.
Martin Deacon

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟430,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Welcome to CAF and the OO forum, Deacon Martin Mireles. Like Anastasia, I have never heard this description that you have posted of the Theotokos being present within the Holy Trinity, so I'm not sure what to make of it. I hope you will find people to discuss it with in the Traditional Theology forum. As indicated, that forum is much more active than this one.

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Tks for warm welcome.
I'd like to share this view with venerables fathers and posters of the forum.
Martin Deacon
Praying you'd have an awesome time with the people here and throughout CF, sir - and glad you're present and accounted for :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Dec 9, 2016
Greece
✟16,547.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Praying you'd have an awesome time with the people here and throughout CF, sir - and glad you're present and accounted for :)

Tks for your gentle words.
I post this description of the Trinity in the Creation which was written by a Mystic. I analysed this apophthegm and I found by the Bible that is correct.
My aim is to have some additional confrontations and suggestions by more experts over here in finding additional cking in the Bible.
My regards
Deacon Martin

Upvote 0

All4Christ

CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,022,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Would you mind explaining a bit more for me as an Eastern Orthodox Christian (albeit not Oriental Orthodox)? To me, it sounds almost like modalism, or perhaps a fourth person of the Trinity (or the Son being created after the Theotokos). Thank you in advance for your explanation!!

Upvote 0
Dec 9, 2016
Greece
✟16,547.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I simply ckd the Bible Sirach or Ecclesiasticus 24:9
9 From eternity, in the beginning, he created me, and for eternity I shall remain.
This has confirmed me the first phrase.
The truly capable woman is the in Proverbs 31 and being Christ the Wisdom, the Theotokos is the Throne of the Wisdom.
"He is the source of your life in Christ Jesus, whom God made our wisdom, our righteousness and sanctification and redemption" (1 Cor 1:24, 30)

Then I believe this mystic is right on the description but I'd like some more views on this by someone more expert over here.
Considering the hymn sung at Vespers on Saturday evening in the Sixth Tone, Orthodox Christians honour the Virgin Mary with the words: "As the only Son rise timelessly from the Father, became incarnate in you in an inexplicable way. He, that being God by nature, for our sakes became man by nature, not divided into two persons, but known in two natures, without admixture or confusion".

When we sing "Through Her salvation has come for all mankind." The concept of synergy is essential for understanding salvation. This synergy is the exercise of our free will to accept the gift of God's grace.
We sing "Your glorious birth joined the Word of God to man and bound the fallen nature of our race to heavenly things".
St. John Damascene says: "The name of the Theotokos contains the whole divine economy of this world".

May the Theotokos bless you.

D. Martin

Last edited:
Upvote 0

robert skynner

I respect the Bible but religion is damaging
Jun 29, 2016
Plymouth, UK
✟24,208.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
In principle God created His Wisdom.
To His Wisdom He gave a Face: the Theotokos
In the Face and Body of the Theotokos He became Son.

With this simple description one can understand how the Theotokos (Virgin Mary) is present inside the hypostatic Trinity.
The liaison among all is due by the Holy Spirit.

May God bless all of you for this initiative.

I thought that in Orthodox Theology, as in the western branch of the Church, the begetting of the Son is outside of time and thus in eternity, so its a continual act and not one which had a beginning or will have an end. Thus I think you are incorrect in saying that: "In principle God created His Wisdom."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Paul Yohannan

Mar 24, 2016
Old Route 66
✟34,744.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I simply ckd the Bible Sirach or Ecclesiasticus 24:9
9 From eternity, in the beginning, he created me, and for eternity I shall remain.
This has confirmed me the first phrase.
The truly capable woman is the in Proverbs 31 and being Christ the Wisdom, the Theotokos is the Throne of the Wisdom.
"He is the source of your life in Christ Jesus, whom God made our wisdom, our righteousness and sanctification and redemption" (1 Cor 1:24, 30)

Then I believe this mystic is right on the description but I'd like some more views on this by someone more expert over here.
Considering the hymn sung at Vespers on Saturday evening in the Sixth Tone, Orthodox Christians honour the Virgin Mary with the words: "As the only Son rise timelessly from the Father, became incarnate in you in an inexplicable way. He, that being God by nature, for our sakes became man by nature, not divided into two persons, but known in two natures, without admixture or confusion".

When we sing "Through Her salvation has come for all mankind." The concept of synergy is essential for understanding salvation. This synergy is the exercise of our free will to accept the gift of God's grace.
We sing "Your glorious birth joined the Word of God to man and bound the fallen nature of our race to heavenly things".
St. John Damascene says: "The name of the Theotokos contains the whole divine economy of this world".

May the Theotokos bless you.

D. Martin

Deacon Martin,

What jurisdiction are you a member of?

The doctrine you teach is not accepted by any canonical Oriental Orthodox church.

These churches (the Armenian Apostolic Church, the Coptic Orthodox Church, the Ethiopian Tewahedo Orthodox Church, the Eritrean Orthodox Church, the Syriac Orthodox Church, and the Indian Orthodox Church) all categorically reject the idea that the Theotokos is hypostatically present in the Trinity.

• Agree
Reactions: dzheremi
Upvote 0