undisclosed Bunker
✟289,134.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Especially since things do not seem to exist apart from our input or observing it/them, etc, then they just kind of "pop into place or become so in that spot at that time, etc, and before that appears to be in all and of any kinds of places and/or positions, etc, until we actually observe and/or turn our focus or gaze or attention to it or them, etc, then it is, in that instant, it is all of the sudden "there", where we are expecting it to be, etc, and then when we turn away, it is not again, etc, until we look or see or hear, (or smell or whatever), then it is "again", etc, and then not again not when we are not again, etc...

Optimization; if no one is looking at that part of the universe, the computer doesn't have to display it and can conserve resources. If someone looks, its displays it so as to say 'see? it was there all along' ;)
It does keep track of things though - if someone plants a landmine all alone in the forest at night and then then walks off and forgets about it or dies, 20 years later the landmine will still blow up if a kid who wasn't born yet when it was planted steps on it.

If you want to view the world this way, God as the programmer, ourselves as AIs, the universe running on a harddrive on a server somewhere, I guess you pretty much could. Jesus is then an 'avatar' basically, the programmer who knew all the cheat codes for the universe that he designed, visiting and walking among the AIs. God would have complete control over the universe, having designed it. Stop time? No problem. Speed time up? No problem. Make universe appear to be 16 billion years old even though simulation really started running 6 days ago. Sure. Raise dead? Simple. Could even restore the whole universe to previous point from a backup. Throw an AI into heavenly eternal bliss or hell? Easy. Dissolve old universe by fire, create new universe and restore saved AIs to it in immortal state. Not a problem. Turn all AIs into penguins tomorrow. Also simple. Shut off server and walk away... he could do that too.

Knowing what any individual AI is feeling or praying or needing... would be hard though. That's an overwhelming amount of information to keep track of and address, assuming the programmer wanted to. Probably the programmer would write other AIs to handle that and delegate the responsibility. I guess he might call them 'angels'.

It's an interesting thought. While I doubt it's much like that, I do think it's probably kinda like that? Anything that a programmer could do with AIs in an artificial universe, God can probably do in his created universe (and more). He's not 'tied' to it. The artificial universe didn't produce the programmer, the programmer produced the artificial universe and all the laws that it runs by. And he's not subject to them.

Upvote 0

GOD Shines Forth!

Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2019
United States
✟355,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
On that note, people have proposed that we exist only in the mind of God.

It cannot be:

"He was manifested in the flesh"—1 Tim. 3:16

"By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist..."—1 John 4

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is all a simulated world reality that does not exist apart from us (and God, or the gods) as the "observers", or "players", etc, as I'm going to talk about and use as an example video games that are simulated worlds or realities as an very primitive example, etc...

In certain video games, you, as the player, are the only thing that is truly "real" in it, etc, or, as it relates to this world, or our world, our "spirits", or consciousnesses, are the only thing really real in it, and nothing else is really real in it, this is evidenced by the fact that nothing really exists without or apart from the observer observing it, etc, in the very moments that they are observing it, etc, and then it is all "filled in" at that point, just like a simulated world or reality would be in say, a video game, etc...

The reality is stored as numbers or a program and things are in or appear to in any number of places, etc, until you are in it and/or are observing things in it, and/or moving around and/or observing and/or playing in it, etc, then it is "filled in", etc... and while you can see this and know this in a video game very clearly, it's not as obvious in this or the reality we are in right now, cause it all happens instantly and instantaneously, etc, but many things, especially in the quantum world, are telling us this, as we try to make sense of it (the quantum world), etc...

I think we are seeing what we are seeing in the quantum world because this is very much a simulated reality and is not really "real", etc, and there is something even "more real" "beyond this", etc, and that there is something in us, that is more real than this or goes beyond all of "this" also, etc, like our "katra" or our spirits, etc, or that which "truly contains what we are" or our consciousnesses, etc...

Especially since things do not seem to exist apart from our input or observing it/them, etc, then they just kind of "pop into place or become so in that spot at that time, etc, and before that appears to be in all and of any kinds of places and/or positions, etc, until we actually observe and/or turn our focus or gaze or attention to it or them, etc, then it is, in that instant, it is all of the sudden "there", where we are expecting it to be, etc, and then when we turn away, it is not again, etc, until we look or see or hear, (or smell or whatever), then it is "again", etc, and then not again not when we are not again, etc...

Anyway, we know this in and from simulated worlds and or realities we create, so why can't it be true of this world or reality, that is a program or simulated reality made and/or created and/or designed by something and someone else far "higher" or far greater or a people way far more "advanced" than we are, etc...? Way far more advanced than we are, etc...?

Do you think what we are seeing in the quantum realm or world is telling us more and more that this world or physical reality could actually be kind of like a simulated world or reality or not...?

Discuss...?

God Bless!
You need to back away from the computer and quit smoking that stuff. This is not the only reality but it is certainly real.

Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This is all a simulated world reality that does not exist apart from us (and God, or the gods) as the "observers", or "players", etc, as I'm going to talk about and use as an example video games that are simulated worlds or realities as an very primitive example, etc...

In certain video games, you, as the player, are the only thing that is truly "real" in it, etc, or, as it relates to this world, or our world, our "spirits", or consciousnesses, are the only thing really real in it, and nothing else is really real in it, this is evidenced by the fact that nothing really exists without or apart from the observer observing it, etc, in the very moments that they are observing it, etc, and then it is all "filled in" at that point, just like a simulated world or reality would be in say, a video game, etc...

The reality is stored as numbers or a program and things are in or appear to in any number of places, etc, until you are in it and/or are observing things in it, and/or moving around and/or observing and/or playing in it, etc, then it is "filled in", etc... and while you can see this and know this in a video game very clearly, it's not as obvious in this or the reality we are in right now, cause it all happens instantly and instantaneously, etc, but many things, especially in the quantum world, are telling us this, as we try to make sense of it (the quantum world), etc...

I think we are seeing what we are seeing in the quantum world because this is very much a simulated reality and is not really "real", etc, and there is something even "more real" "beyond this", etc, and that there is something in us, that is more real than this or goes beyond all of "this" also, etc, like our "katra" or our spirits, etc, or that which "truly contains what we are" or our consciousnesses, etc...

Anyway, we know this in and from simulated worlds and or realities we create, so why can't it be true of this world or reality, that is a program or simulated reality made and/or created and/or designed by something and someone else far "higher" or far greater or a people way far more "advanced" than we are, etc...? Way far more advanced than we are, etc...?

Do you think what we are seeing in the quantum realm or world is telling us more and more that this world or physical reality could actually be kind of like a simulated world or reality or not...?

Discuss...?

God Bless!
In the world of a computer game more exists then what you see. The game is developed with a finite world and you as a player can observe that world but not observing it is not a condition of if it's there or not.

The condition of the existence of things are predetermined by the developers and will play out how they have been programmed to play out. It is even possibly to make an infinite model that keeps regenerating randomly base on how close you are to its boundaries, in this model the boundaries keep growing and there is no end.

More sophisticated games with have better AI and natural laws so their world's are more dynamic. For example in one game a ball rolls on a predetermined path or in another game a ball may roll to how the laws that were created allow it to roll. The former the ball always goes to the same spot but the in the latter how the ball rolls is dynamic and always changes based on the forces that's caused the ball to roll and it's environment.

These laws all exist and are predetermined. Even a world where everything has a set path and not control by simulated natural laws they are all predetermined by the developers. It's existence is as complicated as the developers make it and your computer can handle. If it were only what you see then everytime your viewing frame moves a new world would have to be dynamically created and the old removed which is certainly possible with computers but the programming to allow this sort of dynamic existence is acting as the laws of the game that are preexistent if you turn the game on or not or if you can see or understand them. In this model in a sense you control it as you control the movement but in another sense you have no control as how you interact with the world or how it exists was programmed and is not governed by you but is governed by its instructions.

Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
You need to back away from the computer and quit smoking that stuff. This is not the only reality but it is certainly real.

I originally posted this in the sciences forum for a reason, but then it got moved here...

My point being is what the quantum world is telling us right now, or is indicating to us, or pointing us at right now, etc...

Things do not actually exist apart from our input or observing or hearing it or them with or by one of the five senses being activated, etc...

And I'm not smoking anything BTW...

And it is not me that needs to be delivered from this kind of thinking, but you guys who need to be delivered to it, etc...

Anyway, I'll be back later, K...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Things do not actually exist apart from our input or observing or hearing it or them with or by one of the five senses being activated, etc...

And I'm not smoking anything BTW...

And it is not me that needs to be delivered from this kind of thinking, but you guys who need to be delivered to it, etc...
It's not biblical to suppose that we are the entire cause and effect of everything.

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate

Discuss...?

God Bless!

There is something more real than this "reality".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It cannot be:

"He was manifested in the flesh"—1 Tim. 3:16

"By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist..."—1 John 4

And our flesh and all reality might all be in the mind of God.
This would help explain miracles for example.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I think we all existed in the mind of God before time or this reality even began or was made or created...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
There is something more real than this "reality".
Yes, I think so, but we really don't have any real frame of reference as to what that is exactly, or is like exactly right now though...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

iamchance

Oct 22, 2019
Dallas
✟8,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Who knows, we all could be plugged into a system like the Matrix suggest. We could all be sick people and our Faith is the means of healing and getting better. Heaven could be us waking up once we've gotten better. I mean really, it's very easy to apply a conspiracy based thought to all of this. We are unable to prove anything, truthfully. The most I can say is that I can vouch for the whole NPC idea presented earlier in the thread, I've drawn this conclusion myself too especially throughout certain interactions with people in the world. Can I prove it? Nah. The bible also doesn't speak on such things from what I've gathered.

The trouble with topics like these is that it requires an acknowledgement of an unseen world (which most believe in if you're Christian), but you cannot prove anything because it's not physical. It's spiritual.

If you want to see more, pray for access. It's all in the ojos.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
In the world of a computer game more exists then what you see. The game is developed with a finite world and you as a player can observe that world but not observing it is not a condition of if it's there or not.

The condition of the existence of things are predetermined by the developers and will play out how they have been programmed to play out. It is even possibly to make an infinite model that keeps regenerating randomly base on how close you are to its boundaries, in this model the boundaries keep growing and there is no end.

More sophisticated games with have better AI and natural laws so their world's are more dynamic. For example in one game a ball rolls on a predetermined path or in another game a ball may roll to how the laws that were created allow it to roll. The former the ball always goes to the same spot but the in the latter how the ball rolls is dynamic and always changes based on the forces that's caused the ball to roll and it's environment.

These laws all exist and are predetermined. Even a world where everything has a set path and not control by simulated natural laws they are all predetermined by the developers. It's existence is as complicated as the developers make it and your computer can handle. If it were only what you see then everytime your viewing frame moves a new world would have to be dynamically created and the old removed which is certainly possible with computers but the programming to allow this sort of dynamic existence is acting as the laws of the game that are preexistent if you turn the game on or not or if you can see or understand them. In this model in a sense you control it as you control the movement but in another sense you have no control as how you interact with the world or how it exists was programmed and is not governed by you but is governed by its instructions.
A scary thought for me is that some people might not be anything more than like NPC's, etc...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

iamchance

Oct 22, 2019
Dallas
✟8,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A scary thought for me is that some people might not be anything more than like NPC's, etc...?

God Bless!

What if they were normal human beings that completely submitted themselves to the spirit? And they lost all traces of themselves and are now just a host. I don't know, this whole thread is spiritual theory so I'm just throwing out the first idea that pops in my mind. Lol

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟215,732.00
Faith
Non-Denom
It's an interesting thought. While I doubt it's much like that, I do think it's probably kinda like that? Anything that a programmer could do with AIs in an artificial universe, God can probably do in his created universe (and more). He's not 'tied' to it. The artificial universe didn't produce the programmer, the programmer produced the artificial universe and all the laws that it runs by. And he's not subject to them.

I've always thought the Physical Universe or the Universe of the Physical IS real and yet it's not REAL. Sounds like an oxymoron true but what I mean is a sandbox for children was designed and created by a parent for their child to have a place. Once could think of it like a Kingdom of sorts which it is but it's an inferior place or order of existence.

A sandbox for children is similar. Children might make little roads or build castles and houses BUT....they're not the REAL thing....they're not the real order if you get my meaning. The real order is outside the walls of the sandbox and the walls of the sandbox is probably the speed of light. (IMO) Jesus said my Kingdom is not of this world, and in another place he said he came down from ABOVE. He wasn't talking about physically ABOVE our heads but it's ABOVE in the sense of it's order of existence. It's what we could call the more so reality between the two the Spirit and the universe thereof is the more substantial.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟215,732.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Well you suggesting that anything physical truly isn't. But we do know in science that everything physical (flesh) really is a form of energy. I wouldn't think energy and power are merely an illusion.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
What if they were normal human beings that completely submitted themselves to the spirit? And they lost all traces of themselves and are now just a host. I don't know, this whole thread is spiritual theory so I'm just throwing out the first idea that pops in my mind. Lol
What if it is for some to be that way, and for others not to be, each by their own "program", etc...?

I think to live and not have any true awareness ever of the Spiritual, or not ever coming to truly knowing God at least some, or somewhat, etc, would not be truly submitting to the will of the Spirit though...? Maybe the world and the ways of the world maybe, but I don't think the Spirit though, but I might be wrong too or also, we might just all each be made "differently" as well maybe...?

Anyway,

God Bless!

Upvote 0