(moved) "RACE" IS AN ARTIFICIAL SOCIAL CONSTRUCT.

tickingclocker

Mar 11, 2016
US
✟22,021.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If identification is so important then why can we not identify people? Lets say we have two races: black and white. Where did the white people come from? When did they become white? Do you want to go by blond hair and blue eyes? Because having blue eyes is a fairly recent "mutation" and involves a fairly select group of people. Blond hair like the blue eyes represents a lack of pigment. Here is a picture of my niece with her brother, what race do you think she is?

The problem is you can be 1/16 black and 15/16 white and in the south they still consider you to be a part of the black race. Black men in America on the average are 60% black and 40% white. Black women in America on the average are 60% white and 40% black. So what race are they? We fought a Civil war over this issue and 620,000 people died.
Do you believe all skin comes from.... God, as part of His creation, like I do? Therefore why would anyone, especially believers, insist on looking beyond that or accept anything shallower for an explanation? If we treated each other as PEOPLE, why would skin pigment matter?

Race doesn't matter in heaven. Not... it "won't" in heaven, because it already does not matter to God. Why are you insisting it should matter to anyone else? Are you assuming we should be looking through your eyes, instead of God's? Think it over: should the color of God's flowers matter to us? And they are all God's, pigmented for HIS purposes, not ours.

Yes, we fought a Civil War over slavery, and the rights of all people to the Constitution's mandates. 620,000 people did die, and half that number were permanently maimed by the results of it. It cost the country millions and millions of dollars it could have used for higher purposes IF we hadn't allowed slavery into the country in the first place. Not all countries in the world accepted slavery, you do realize that? England, for instance, is one which rejected slavery as a whole. Their social fabric doesn't have as many of same narrow-minded mentality with all its resulting problems re: people of color that we do, to this very day. So why do we still have problems over "race"? Because we still classify people as colors, and not as PEOPLE like God does. Thank God that classification mentality IS dying a slow but sure death among the young people of today!

Christians, knowing this, and of all people, should be publicly leading the way toward a non-pigment determined society. Anything less is nothing more than the promotion of narrow-minded historical bigotry, and keeps the ugliness of our shameful past firmly in our present.

Upvote 0

tickingclocker

Mar 11, 2016
US
✟22,021.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Nice view you have there.
Humans aren't "gods" however and race does exist.

What does the bible tells us as "NEW Creations"? The verses below inform us--emphatically-- that the process of filling our minds with greater/deeper knowledge of God's holy character not only urges us closer to Christ-likeness, but obedience to that knowledge aligns us with His perfect will. They are not meant as "suggestions" either. They are commands. If we refuse to obey them, or are unaware that we should be actively seeking to be more like Jesus Christ? Are we truly believers, then? If you wish to remain who you are and how you previously processed... everything... while still a believer? Exactly where is this belief in God in your life then?

Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—His good, pleasing and perfect will. (Rom 12:1, 2)

For the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh but have divine power to destroy strongholds. We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ, being ready to punish every disobedience, when your obedience is complete. (2 Cor 10:4-6)

Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus.... (Phil 2:5)

Therefore, [actively] preparing your minds for action, and being sober-minded, set your hope fully on the grace that will be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ. As obedient children, do not be conformed to the passions of your former ignorance, but as He who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, since it is written, "You shall be holy, for I Am holy." (1 Pet 1:13-16)

Race is a contrived human term, deliberately designed to demean and/or separate. Not a divine concept. The term exists, but its essentially an empty one when seen through God's eyes, the viewpoint which believers should be actively pursuing. We who claim to be believers in Him should be conforming our minds to GOD's Mind, who sees individuals. Never as "races". We shouldn't be leaving our minds "as is". I don't know about you, but when I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord, I recognized and fully accepted that nothing in my life would ever be mine to own, trust in, or judge without the Lord being involved ever again. That also means not falling for holding to a "weedy" faith.

Therefore, no, we are not gods. Never happen. But GOD says we most certainly can become more Christlike in our thinking, outlook, and actions toward our fellow man. Jesus fully identified with His Father's Mindset of holiness. Who do you identify with? Man? Or God? If God doesn't see race as a determination for... anything, is it because He desires us to overcome our LEARNED prejudices, becoming more like Him, as He promises? Or not? You must decide for yourself to submit to the HS's leading. Or remain as you are.

So, yes, thank you for the compliment in the Lord renewing my mind and thought processes in having a more Christlike view of humanity. However, its not just a "nice" view. It's a divine one.

Last edited:
Reactions: Judy02
Upvote 0

tickingclocker

Mar 11, 2016
US
✟22,021.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'll give you an example. I'm a male, so a growth in my abdomen that is genetically different to me is probably a problem, but if I was a female it probably wouldn't be a problem.

Here's another example. I'm a white Anglo-Celtic, so if I was found to have sickle-cell anaemia, that would be a worry. But if I was a black-skinned person from sub-Saharan Africa, then it's pretty normal.

So people aren't people. We are all equal, be we ain't all the same.
God sees no gender. He created us physiologically different, but not unequal. Yet humanity treats women as lesser beings. Why? Is it a good thing? Does God condone such a mentality? Shouldn't we more readily dispense with it, as believers, to show the world that God sees no gender? Then why cling tightly to a human term of "race"? We should be leading the way as believers to dispense with "race" as a divisional mindset. It naturally leads to pitting people against each other, not unifying them.

Upvote 0

The Portuguese Baptist

Centre-right conservative Christian-Democrat
Oct 17, 2015
Lisbon, Portugal
✟18,877.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
If races were true as the development of differing species, then interracial procreation would not be possible.

Why would it not be possible? The only way you can reach that conclusion is by assuming that ‘race’ is the same thing as ‘species’, which is not being said: rather, a race is a subdivision of a species. The fact that procreation between species is not possible does not mean that procreation between races would not be possible either.

Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why would it not be possible? The only way you can reach that conclusion is by assuming that ‘race’ is the same thing as ‘species’, which is not being said: rather, a race is a subdivision of a species. The fact that procreation between species is not possible does not mean that procreation between races would not be possible either.
Correct. If the assumption of evolution were true, then in time they would not be able to procreate. Your observation, however, is minor point not worth stating.

Upvote 0

The Portuguese Baptist

Oct 17, 2015
Lisbon, Portugal
✟18,877.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Correct. If the assumption of evolution were true, then in time they would not be able to procreate. Your observation, however, is minor point not worth stating.

I am still not sure why you are bringing Evolution into this, though. It almost seems as though you are confusing the concepts of ‘race’ and ‘species’.

Upvote 0

The Portuguese Baptist

Oct 17, 2015
Lisbon, Portugal
✟18,877.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
There is no such thing as race. There are no "breeds" of human beings. Race is an artificial construct invented by SLAVE MASTERS in order to create better, more obedient SLAVES. Dont believe me? Ask Hitler.

As a Catholic/Christian I believe in mankind. The sons and daughters of Adam.

Thoughts?

RACE is a lie. It is an ARTIFICIAL SOCIAL CONSTRUCT, Jeager. Regardless of whether people use it as a tool or not, it is a lie.

it IS a lie. Dont play into it.

SOCIOLOGICAL construct (MYTH) , Cord. We're not talking manufacturing here.

"Race" is a sociological construct , Shodan. It is a social myth create by slave masters in order to make better, more obedient slaves. You KNOW there is absolutely NO SCIENCE behind "race" or "racism". There are no "breeds" of human beings.

EWQ , stop spreading this heinous lie. There is NO SCIENCE behind RACE or RACISM. Your link is misleading. STOP spreading the RACE lie, it is slowly destroying us all. We are ALL SONS AND DAUGHTERS OF ADAM. PERIOD.

Thank you for pointing out that important fact iMIND. Like I said, RACE and RACISM are social constructs of absolutely NO VALUE. They are the most heinous lies ever perpetrated on the West.

Denotes? Quote me the word "RACE" or "RACISM" in the Bible EWQ. Like I said, stop spreading lies. RACE and RACISM are evil social constructs of absolutely NO SOCIAL, SCIENTIFIC or RELIGIOUS VALUE.

Repeating something doesn't make it true. You need to actually prove what you are saying.

Upvote 0

J Cord

Aug 1, 2016
Canada
✟25,780.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
SOCIOLOGICAL construct (MYTH) , Cord. We're not talking manufacturing here.

It doesn't matter if it's a myth, if people attribute truth to it, then it's real. And a lot of people certainly attribute truth to the concept of race. Watch a KKK or "alt-right" rally

That being said, as I've mentioned before on this forum, in Vancouver it is becoming increasingly rare to see a racially homogeneous group of kids hanging out together. I think many kids here in Vancouver are at the point where they truly don't see race, not in the sense that "I don't see race, so it excuses my racist behaviour", but in the sense that skin colour matters no more than eye colour does to an older generation. It gives me a lot of hope. As does:

Young voters flee Donald Trump in what may be historic trouncing, poll shows

Upvote 0

MountainPine

Biblical Vegan
Feb 11, 2016
Texas
Visit site
✟9,018.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Repeating something doesn't make it true. You need to actually prove what you are saying.

That's what I told him. He has yet to prove anything he's saying. He keeps repeating himself like a broken record. That's one of the things people normally do when they're experiencing cognitive dissonance.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jim Langston

Non denominational fundamentalist
Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2005
Bellingham, WA
✟79,514.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If you are right you know what this means?

The Ascetic Crusader is a lie! Names are human constructs invented by our parents to control us! The Ascetic Crusader is a human just like the rest of us!

The Earth is a lie! Planet names are human constructs invented by man to identify them! The Earth is just a planet just like the rest of them!

Dog breeds are a lie! Dog breeds are just human constructs invented by dog breeders to sell us more dogs! They are all canines!

Need I go on?

Everything we identify is a human construct. That does not make it a lie. Chinese speak Chinese and come from China (except for the ones that don't). It is simply a way of categorizing a group. How does that make it a lie? It doesn't.

Upvote 0

MountainPine

Biblical Vegan
Feb 11, 2016
Texas
Visit site
✟9,018.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The idea the race is a social construct is sheer foolishness. To define race as an idea or to deny the existence of it is a denial of nature. I have a feeling that explaining this to you would be a waste of time, but I'm going to anyway for the sake of those with an open mind reading this, and because I'm a nice guy :) So let me break it down for you:

Skin color is not the only factor when it comes to racial identity, but also skull structure, intelligence, culture, behavior, etc. Just by lining up a man of each race side by side you can easily distinguish the differences. It's not rocket science. Not even all White people are the same race. Obviously a Celtic man is not the same race as a Nordic man. There are even different races among Native Americans. Take a look at the different cultures of each race. There are different customs and traditions in every culture. How is this so if we're all the same? Some of these differences are environmental, but most of them are social and ideological. There are stark differences in European culture, Asian culture, African culture, etc. There's even differences in the cultures within those continents. British culture, for example, is not the same as German culture. Chinese culture is not the same as Thai culture.

Does the word “heritage” mean anything to you? Heritage consists of racial traditions and history. Everyone has a natural right to observe their racial heritage. Different races have made certain accomplishments. The Chinese invented gun powder and the printing press. The French invented photography. The Germans invented the globe. The Norse were the first to discover North America, and they invented skiis. But inventions are only a part of racial culture. Racial cultures consist of a lot more, such as religion, philosophy, writing systems, and lifestyles – all of which are a part of that race's identity. Your race is a part of who you are, believe it or not.

To say “we're all one” is to take credit for the accomplishments and customs made by people who are not a part of your ancestry. It is to steal the identities of multiple races. Multiculturalism exists to erase racial identity from human history, particularly White identity/culture. This is why there is no White culture in America. It is considered a social and political evil for any White person to make a public appearance announcing their White pride. But Black people can get any with it. When a Black person announces he/she is proud to be Black, it's not only socially acceptable, but encouraged, hence Black History Month. But yet we're all one? Yeah right. Back to the point, multiculturalism does away with cultures. It also promotes miscegenation (interracial mingling). If every White person took a Black partner, or vice-versa, then they'd procreate black/white hybrids. In fact if every race mingled and procreated with another then eventually over time all the current races will die out and everyone will literally be the same and racial identity will be forgotten. No more White people and no more Black people. It's all a scheme set up by the powers that be to homogenize the human species. In the days of Moses, this wasn't tolerated.

In Sweden, Arab immigrants are entering the country and forcing their Islamic customs on the native inhabitants. They've actually gotten away with private beheadings. In some areas, Swedish women are being forced to wear hijabs. Think about how they feel. Centuries of hard work that shaped their culture and identity is being destroyed. The future generations are going to think that they have always been an Islamic culture and their real history will be forgotten. This is also happening in parts of Britain and France. Oh, but you say multiculturalism makes peace? You're so full of s***.

Upvote 0

Job8

Dec 1, 2014
✟21,583.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

The Portuguese Baptist

Oct 17, 2015
Lisbon, Portugal
✟18,877.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
That's what I told him. He has yet to prove anything he's saying. He keeps repeating himself like a broken record. That's one of the things people normally do when they're experiencing cognitive dissonance.

Or when they're children — in which case it is usually followed by covering one's ears, whilst screaming, ‘La la la, I can't hear you!’ Does it not seem as though this is almost what OP is doing with what we say?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

The Portuguese Baptist

Oct 17, 2015
Lisbon, Portugal
✟18,877.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Why is this a featured thread??? :eek:

Because it is a hot topic which draws people's attention.

Indeed, it contains the sole thing which is necessary to create a hot topic: stupid left-wing propaganda (though, sometimes, far-right works just as well). :)

Upvote 0

The Portuguese Baptist

Oct 17, 2015
Lisbon, Portugal
✟18,877.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Race is obviously more than a social construct but if the person is dead set on refusing to believe that, whatever.

For centuries, people have used the term ‘race’ to refer to a group of people with similar physical characteristics. Now, all of a sudden, it has become politically incorrect to do it. Oh well! Whatever.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Academic achievement can be tested. People were not born with advanced knowledge, they had to be taught. Using race as a test for intelligence or knowledge is not well founded.

Each race has strengths and weaknesses. Caucasian males are four times more likely to die of melanoma/skin cancer than other races (Centers for Disease Control). Caucasians are more likely to suffer from cystic fibrosis. Asians are at greater risk of near-sightedness. Blacks are more likely to have genetic blood disorders.

People of all different races were winning gold medals at the Summer Olympics in Rio.

Reactions: Lik3
Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Because it is a hot topic which draws people's attention.

Indeed, it contains the sole thing which is necessary to create a hot topic: stupid left-wing propaganda (though, sometimes, far-right works just as well). :)

I think it's drawn attn. bc it's attn.-grabbing ignorance, & bc it's being promoted as a featured thread. IRL I don't think it's really a hot topic. Racial tension obviously is, but that's not the same as what's being argued here.
I don't think it's left-wing propaganda. Or right-wing, really. I think it's just way out there. :) It's something that people should have learned in their HS biology classes.

For centuries, people have used the term ‘race’ to refer to a group of people with similar physical characteristics. Now, all of a sudden, it has become politically incorrect to do it. Oh well! Whatever.

I think it has to do with context tbh.

Upvote 0