Philadelphia
✟8,740.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi, I have been a Christian for many years, because I think it is true. As I have gained a deeper knowledge and appreciation and understanding of God's undying love for us, I have felt slowly more and more "detached" from this world. The problems and worries of people's lives mean less and less to me, not because they do not matter but because ultimately when weighed against the eternal glory of God, I find it difficult to care about comparatively small problems like disease and death, because this is a problem the Lord has ultimately solved. As such, I have found myself feeling more and more alone. A good way to put it is like this: I feel like a man in a desert dying of thirst who has found water, and wishes to show everyone where the water is so they may not die of thirst, but they either don't believe me or don't care. Even most Christians I encounter seem to not fully grasp this concept. I feel so alone and it is hard for me to relate to anyone since I have come to such an elevated view of reality. I know God is with me and that is great comfort, but I still feel alone in THIS world. Any Christians know what I am talking about?

2PhiloVoid

Of course, it's all ...about the Son!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,135,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi, I have been a Christian for many years, because I think it is true. As I have gained a deeper knowledge and appreciation and understanding of God's undying love for us, I have felt slowly more and more "detached" from this world. The problems and worries of people's lives mean less and less to me, not because they do not matter but because ultimately when weighed against the eternal glory of God, I find it difficult to care about comparatively small problems like disease and death, because this is a problem the Lord has ultimately solved. As such, I have found myself feeling more and more alone. A good way to put it is like this: I feel like a man in a desert dying of thirst who has found water, and wishes to show everyone where the water is so they may not die of thirst, but they either don't believe me or don't care. Even most Christians I encounter seem to not fully grasp this concept. I feel so alone and it is hard for me to relate to anyone since I have come to such an elevated view of reality. I know God is with me and that is great comfort, but I still feel alone in THIS world. Any Christians know what I am talking about?

Yep.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Of course, it's all ...about the Son!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,135,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

...BUT, I don't assume that all of my fellow brethren in Christ are supposed to live and feel on the same spiritual frequency that I do.

Upvote 0

Basil the Great

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2009
✟721,543.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
Welcome to the forums, JosephT. Please know that you are not the only Christian who deals with being lonely. Here is hoping that you stay safe and well in these very trying times. God bless.

Upvote 0

splish- splash

Team- Early Interventions
Dec 2, 2019
✟225,571.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I don't think it's because you don't care about people's problems. You have simply learnt to cast everything at His feet. This is why you are no longer bothered by the heat.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,679,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Welcome Joseph. You might find some advice here: Christian Advice

Upvote 0

GospelS

A Daughter of Zion Seeking Her Father in Heaven!
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟453,965.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Even most Christians I encounter seem to not fully grasp this concept. I feel so alone and it is hard for me to relate to anyone since I have come to such an elevated view of reality.

Welcome :).

Can you please enlighten me what is it that you would like other Christians to grasp?.

Maybe by God's grace I can help you not feel alone.

Upvote 0

JosephT

Apr 30, 2020
Philadelphia
✟8,740.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Welcome :).

Can you please enlighten me what is it that you would like other Christians to grasp?.

Maybe by God's grace I can help you not feel alone.

It is like this. If Christianity is true, which I think it is, then anything we pursue is ultimately utterly meaningless in the eternal sense. People (even Christians) fret about their marriages, cars, jobs, pet, children, hobbies, vacations, whether their neighbor has more than them, politics, sociology, education, but in light of the truth of Christianity, how can any of that stuff cause you any level of worry? Why bother with it. Focus on God. It makes me wonder whether Christians are really Christians. If this 1st century Palestinian Jew is REALLY god, we have no choice but to put all of our focus on him, and the rest of the world means nothing by comparison. That is not to suggest that this world is not important, I understand that Jesus very much loves his creation, and that that creation should be taken care of for his glory. Rather, it is that people seem fixated on it, when in reality, there is nothing about it even close to as important as the one who made it. Does that make sense?

Upvote 0

GospelS

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟453,965.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It is like this. If Christianity is true, which I think it is, then anything we pursue is ultimately utterly meaningless in the eternal sense. People (even Christians) fret about their marriages, cars, jobs, pet, children, hobbies, vacations, whether their neighbor has more than them, politics, sociology, education, but in light of the truth of Christianity, how can any of that stuff cause you any level of worry? Why bother with it. Focus on God. It makes me wonder whether Christians are really Christians. If this 1st century Palestinian Jew is REALLY god, we have no choice but to put all of our focus on him, and the rest of the world means nothing by comparison. That is not to suggest that this world is not important, I understand that Jesus very much loves his creation, and that that creation should be taken care of for his glory. Rather, it is that people seem fixated on it, when in reality, there is nothing about it even close to as important as the one who made it. Does that make sense?

Yes, of course makes sense. You are not alone then. I'm of the same mind.

• Friendly
Reactions: Deade
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JosephT

Apr 30, 2020
Philadelphia
✟8,740.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, of course makes sense. You are not alone then. I'm of the same mind.

Well, then I must ask, how do you deal with it? It makes it difficult for me to go about the day to day. It has made relational intimacy difficult for me, for example, because I find it hard to meet people with the same level of thought about it as myself. It is also incredible frustrating, knowing the greatest fact in the universe, and no one cares. I guess I am just looking to see if other people feel this way. I guess there are a few.

• Friendly
Reactions: Deade
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,679,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think people are in different points in their journey. We live in the world, we are still in the flesh. We have to live our faith while still using common sense that the Lord gave us. Try to be charitable about these things. We are not all on the same page in our salvation journey and in different points of our lives.

Upvote 0

GospelS

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟453,965.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, then I must ask, how do you deal with it? It makes it difficult for me to go about the day to day. It has made relational intimacy difficult for me, for example, because I find it hard to meet people with the same level of thought about it as myself. It is also incredible frustrating, knowing the greatest fact in the universe, and no one cares. I guess I am just looking to see if other people feel this way. I guess there are a few.

Well, I feel the same and have been feeling that for many years now; but now I’m more matured and learned to overcome such levels of loneliness and frustration. I give it to God and find solace in Him.

God told me how much more it disappoints or frustrates Him, and yet He is rich in patience and kindness. I feel for God. He told me to bear it with Him for a short while. It’s bit easier when I choose to see through His eyes. Jesus while on that cross saw His own people mocking Him and asked Father to forgive them. He was not frustrated by them for not understanding what they are doing but showed more mercy towards them.

Although it is difficult/hard to meet, I’ve learned to be more patient and kindful towards those other Christians in that matter. Of course I’m just a human and I’m still learning to deal with it and praying for a partner or friends who are like me so I don’t feel so alone and overwhelmed by frustration.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TLSITD

Conservative Christian
Apr 26, 2020
Tennessee
✟22,774.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Absolutely. You're not strange, and you're not alone. Having God's perspective on things and living accordingly will make a Christian an oddity and an anomaly among both unbelievers and Christians. And the more of that perspective you have, the fewer Christian friends you will have, and the less you will be able to relate to most other people, or they to you.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
The Internet dispelled the idea of rarity. We discover others like ourselves through this medium and the wider world. As with most interests, once you pass the introductory stage the desire to connect with others increases.

The challenge of finding like-minded companions lies in the approach. Most hope for random meetings or glean from a wider populace instead of focusing on the thing they wish to do or share. Whether it's spiritual or practical. The same holds true.

Finding your people isn't difficult. Serious minded individuals gather in groups and events every day. The greater their commitment the more likely they're spending money to connect with others with a similar investment. Wading through the masses to find a kernel is time consuming. Specificity is best.

I've done the same in every area I desire to expand. It brings me in the company of men and women who share my passion and want to go deeper.

I don't attempt to sway mainstream audiences (including Christians). I align myself with those who feel the same without convincing. The conversations are richer and the exchange of ideas is invigorating. They're speaking my language.

My tribe is a symposium of networks devoted to the things that matter (to me). From faith to purpose and everything in between. I don't expect everyone to feel the same. I receive them as-is.

You're fishing in the wrong pond. If you want to catch salmon you must go where they dwell.

~Bella

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Deade

Called of God
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, OK
Visit site
✟274,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hello Joseph,
welcome to Cf.

I hope you'll enjoy your stay here.

View attachment 275954
f9a2ae5a8f29c2c1d3728c3a689d8318.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Broken Fence
Upvote 0

Broken Fence

God with us!
Site Supporter
May 1, 2020
TX to New Heaven, New Earth, New Jerusalem
✟142,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Greetings Joseph T,
I am new here as well with me I have a different perspective on the christian walk. For me walking in Holy Spirit is making prayers and helping people especially those of the household of faith.
For me Yeshua (Jesus) died for each and every person I see. Even those I don't know

Upvote 0

Fireflies

Revelation 22:1-5
May 28, 2012
✟8,768.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi JosephT,

I agree with what others are saying about:
Yes, other believers have come to the same revelation, HOWEVER, not everyone has received that same one at this time. There are revelations that other Christian's have, that you don't have yet. They may be very much advanced in that revelation that you only have a mild awareness of.

That's one reason why we need each other.

Also, don't let Satan try to single you out from the fold of Christ, thinking you are ALONE. That is a lie from the enemy himself!! Yes, you received a beautiful revelation from God and now the devil wants to tear it down, make it worthless. After all, what good is a revelation if you are disconnected from the Body? What good can you do if Satan makes you think you're by yourself/no one can ever understand you? Do you see the enemy's strategy here?

Please ask God for the second revelation of Understanding. Understanding and Discernment for God's People. I'll be praying with you! I 100% believe you will return to the fold/feeling disconnected, in Jesus' name, since it's His will for you to be part of the Body. AMEN

Upvote 0

SirHash

Jan 28, 2019
Pearland
✟24,865.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Hey Joseph, welcome aboard.
Are you attending a church? If so, I really encourage you to join a small group or Sunday school.
Studying the Word with others really adds depth to our understanding and I think its very similar to how they might have gotten together in the early church, as recorded in Acts.

Upvote 0