✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
which my covenant they broke,
People do not want to accept that the promises of God are conditional. If we do our part then we can be sure that God will do His part.

We are told: "I will put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people.' We see that the people of God have the law on their mind and written on their heart. If the law is NOT written on their heart then they are NOT the people of God.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
People do not want to accept that the promises of God are conditional. If we do our part then we can be sure that God will do His part.

We are told: "I will put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people.' We see that the people of God have the law on their mind and written on their heart. If the law is NOT written on their heart then they are NOT the people of God.
That would be a good topic for a thread.

Is there a DIFFERENCE between Dispensation and Covenant ??
A particular dispensation may have a covenant within but the difference remains the same. Our dispensation today contains no covenant as applied to us.. The new covenant is made with Israel and the house of Judah and has conditions that are not seen today. Jeremiah 31:31.

Like NSB said.
The True Meaning of Romans 9-11
Biblewriter,
You are a Teacher set in the Church by the Holy Spirit.
I will print out your excellent study and share it with others who have been assaulted by misled and misinformed persons who are blind and who deny the Truth of the Word as it is clearly written, so as to make more blind followers of the blind.
1 Corinthians 12:28 And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.
Bible Search Cross Reference Jeremiah 31:32.

{Jeremiah 31:32}
Not:

"At the same¹ time,ª saithªº the LORD,ª will I be¹ the Godª of all¹ the familiesª of Israel,ª and they¹ shall be¹ my people.ª" {Jer 31:1} + "At the endª¹ of sevenª yearsª let ye goªº every manª¹ his brotherª an Hebrew,ª which¹ hath been soldªº unto thee; and when he hath servedªº thee sixª years,ª thou shalt let him goªº freeª from¹¹ thee: but your fathersª hearkenedªº not¹ unto¹ me, neither¹ inclinedªº¹ their ear.ª" {Jer 34:14} + "Now¹ therefore, if¹ ye will obey²º my voice² indeed,ªº¹ and keepªº¹ my covenant,ª then ye shall be¹ a peculiar treasureª unto me above all¹¹ people:ª for¹ all¹ the earthª [is] mine:" {Exd 19:5}............

and I spreadªº my skirtª over¹ thee, and coveredªº thy nakedness:ª yea, I swareªº unto thee, and enteredªº into a covenantª with¹ thee, saithªº the Lordª GOD,ª and thou becamest¹ mine." {Ezk 16:8} + "Nevertheless I¹ will rememberªº¹ my covenantª with¹ thee in the daysª of thy youth,ª and I will establishªº unto thee an everlastingª covenant.ª ... And I¹ will establishªº¹ my covenantª with¹ thee; and thou shalt knowªº that¹ I¹ [am] the LORD:ª" {Ezk 16:60-62} + "Whereuponª neitherª the¹ firstª [testament] was dedicatedªº withoutª blood.ª ... Andª almostª all thingsª are²º byª the¹ lawª purgedªº withª blood;ª andª withoutª shedding of bloodª isªº noª remission.ª" {Hbr 9:18-22}
==================================
{Jeremiah 31:33}
But this shall be the:

"And I will makeªº an everlastingª covenantª with them, that¹ I will not¹ turn awayªº from¹¹ them,² to do them good;ªº¹ but I will putªº my fearª in their hearts,ª that they shall not¹ departªº from¹¹ me." {Jer 32:40}
I will:
"And the LORDª thy Godª will circumciseªº¹ thine heart,ª and the heartª of thy seed,ª to loveªº¹ the LORDª thy Godª with all¹ thine heart,ª and with all¹ thy soul,ª that¹ thou mayest live.ª" {Deu 30:6} + ........................
=====================================

Last edited:
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is there a DIFFERENCE between Dispensation and Covenant ??
There have been 3 - 2,000 year periods of time. There are many names for the era we are in. The time of the gentiles, the Church age, the HS dispensation and so on. Soon this age is coming to an end and some people say it has already ended. The next 1000 years is the kingdom age and the manifest sons and daughters of God. This is a Sabbath when man will rest from his works. Then we will have the new heavens and the new earth when man will be glorified.

Upvote 0

Vicky gould

Shekinah
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2019
North west
✟69,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Indeed!
A whole book could be written just on Jere 31 and Heb 8 and is one of my largest Hebrew/Greek studies.

Please visit my thread and feel free to add your comments/views to it.

New Covenant of Jeremiah 31 Hebrew 8
Jan 3, 2009

3772 karath
a primitive root;
to cut (off, down or asunder); by implication, to destroy or consume; specifically, to covenant (i.e. make an alliance or bargain, originally by cutting flesh and passing between the pieces):--be chewed, be con-(feder-)ate, covenant, cut (down, off), destroy, fail, feller, be freed, hew (down), make a league ((covenant)), X lose, perish, X utterly, X want.

Jeremiah 31:
Behold! days, ones coming a declaration of Yahweh and I Cut<3772> a New Covenant with the house of Yisra'el and with the house of Y@huwdah
32 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they broke, although I was a husband to them, says Yahweh.
33 That this the Covenant which I shall Cut with House of Yisra'el after those days, declarations of Yahweh. I give My Law within them and on their heart I shall write it, and I become to them for an Elohim, and they shall become to Me for a people.
4931. sunteleo from 4862 and 5055;
to complete entirely; generally, to execute (literally or figuratively):--end, finish, fulfil, make.

Hebrews 8:
"For faulting to them He is saying 'behold! days are coming, is saying Lord, and I shall be together-finishing/consummating<sun-telesw <4931>(5692)> upon the House of Israel and upon the House of Judah a New Covenant,
9 Not according as the Covenant which I make to their fathers, in day of taking of Me their hand, to be leading them out of land of Egypt, that they not remain in My Covenant, and I, I un-care of them, is saying LORD.
10 That this the Covenant which I shall be Covenanting to the House of Israel after those days, is saying LORD.
Giving My laws into their minds and upon their hearts I shall be engraving them.
And I shall to them into a God, and they shall be to Me into a People.
===============
And excellent site cross referencing Jere 31 to other places in the OT and NT [look in the right margin]

qBible.com - A Website for Biblical Research

The LXX:

Bible Search Cross Reference Jeremiah 31:31.

{Jeremiah 31:31} Behold, x2009 the days 3117 come, 935 z8802 saith 5002 z8803 the LORD, 3068 that I will make 3772 z8804 a new 2319 covenant 1285 with x854 the house 1004 of Israel, 3478 and with x854 the house 1004 of Judah: 3063

the days:

"Behold,¹ the daysª come,ªº saithªº the LORD,ª that I will sowªº¹ the houseª of Israelª and the houseª of Judahª with the seedª of man,ª and with the seedª of beast.ª" {Jer 31:27} + "Behold,¹ the daysª come,ªº saithªº the LORD,ª that I will raiseªº unto Davidª a righteousª Branch,ª and a Kingª shall reignªº and prosper,ªº and shall executeªº judgmentª and justiceª in the earth.ª" {Jer 23:5}............
==========================================
Bible Search Cross Reference Jeremiah 31:32.

{Jeremiah 31:32} Not x3808 according to the covenant 1285 that x834 I made 3772 z8804 with x854 their fathers 1 in the day 3117 [that] I took 2388 z8687 them by the hand 3027 to bring x3318 them out y3318 z8687 of the land 776 x4480 of Egypt; 4714 which x834 x853 my covenant 1285 they x1992 brake, 6565 z8689 although I x595 was an husband 1166 z8804 unto them, saith 5002 z8803 the LORD: 3068

Not:

"At the same¹ time,ª saithªº the LORD,ª will I be¹ the Godª of all¹ the familiesª of Israel,ª and they¹ shall be¹ my people.ª" {Jer 31:1} ........................
==================================
Bible Search Cross Reference Jeremiah 31:33.

{Jeremiah 31:33} But x3588 this x2063 [shall be] the covenant 1285 that x834 I will make 3772 z8799 with x854 the house 1004 of Israel; 3478 After 310 those x1992 days, 3117 saith 5002 z8803 the LORD, 3068 I will put 5414 z8804 x853 my law 8451 in their inward parts, 7130 and write 3789 z8799 it in x5921 their hearts; 3820 and will be x1961 their God, 430 and they x1992 shall be x1961 my people. 5971

But this shall be the:

"And I will makeªº an everlastingª covenantª with them, that¹ I will not¹ turn awayªº from¹¹ them,² to do them good;ªº¹ but I will putªº my fearª in their hearts,ª that they shall not¹ departªº from¹¹ me." {Jer 32:40}
I will:
"And the LORDª thy Godª will circumciseªº¹ thine heart,ª ...................................

Hi LLOJ, I pray you are well. As usual great study. I have a question for you and the bands the Lord will break between Israel and Judah in the end times? Interestingly enough when Israel does this split Israel will consist of ten tribes who hate the other Kingdom. These will be the ten horns three of which will be plucked up by anti-Christ with 7 heads and ten crowns. Your thoughts please. Thanks

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
There have been 3 - 2,000 year periods of time. There are many names for the era we are in. The time of the gentiles, the Church age, the HS dispensation and so on. Soon this age is coming to an end and some people say it has already ended. The next 1000 years is the kingdom age and the manifest sons and daughters of God. This is a Sabbath when man will rest from his works. Then we will have the new heavens and the new earth when man will be glorified.
The OC Law Jewish Age ended in the 1st century/70ad destruction of the OC Temple/Priesthood. [I am Preterist/Amill]

We are now in the NC age of worshiping in the Spirit
Please see my 70ad harmonization of the Olivet Disourse and "consummation of the Age" threads [and see my siggy:]

John 4:
20 “Our fathers worshiped on this mountain, and you Jews say that in Jerusalem is the place where one ought to worship.”
21 Jesus said to her, “Woman, believe Me, the hour is coming when you will neither on this mountain, nor in Jerusalem, worship the Father.
23 “But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him.

Matthew 24, Mark 13 and Luke's Temple/Jerusalem Discourses harmonized- Poll Thread

Matt 24:3 "full end/consummation of the age"

Matthew and Mark shows them on the Mount of Olives.
Peter and James and John and Andrew are shown in Mark
All 3 ask these 2 questions "when shall these be? and what the sign?"
Matthew 24 has "sign of Thy parousia<2952>
and full end of the age.
==============================

Matthew 24:3
Yet of Him sitting on the Mount of the Olives, the Disciples came toward to Him according to own saying "be telling to us!
when shall these be being?

and what the sign of Thy parousia<3952> and consummation<4930> of the Age?

Mark 13
3 And of sitting of Him into the Mount of the Olives over against the Temple,
Peter and James and John and Andrew inquired<1905> of Him according to own
4 Tell us! when these shall be?

and what the sign whenever may be being about<3195> all these to be consummated<4931>.

Luke 21
7 They inquire yet of Him saying “Teacher!
when then shall these be being?

And what the sign whenever may be being about<3195> these to becoming<1096>?

===============================
Coincidentally, about 40yrs after this discourse is given, the Romans siege Jerusalem and according to Josephus, the 10th Legion, along with Titus encamped on the eastern side of the City on top of the Mount of Olivet, given them a clear view of the Temple.

Matthew 24:3

Yet of Him sitting on the Mount of the Olives,.......................
Mark 13
3 And of sitting of Him into the Mount of the Olives over against the Temple,

Visual Timeline of the Roman-Jewish War ARTchive @ PreteristArchive.com,

ROMAN SIEGE AND SACK OF JERUSALEM

Legion X soon joins them, making a separate camp on the Mt. of Olives, east of the city ... May 1, 70. Nissan/Xanthicus 14.

View attachment 252031

Matthew 24:3....and what the sign of Thy parousia and full-end of the Age?

The Great City/Harlot/Queen Revelation chapts 17-19

Luke 19:43 That shall be arriving days upon Thee.[Revelation 18:8]

and Thy enemies shall be casting up a rampart/siege-work to Thee..
Luke 21:20 “Whenever ye see Jerusalem surrounded by armies,
then know that nigh is Her desolation.

=============================
Revelation 18
8 Thru this in one day shall be arriving Her blows death and sorrow and famine.

19 For to one hour She was desolated.

e2627453385a4412ca715fcb879b5bd6.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0