North west
✟69,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I did not travel there, but I was there in a instant. That is why I said to listen to Kat Kerr because she talks a lot about Heaven. She has been there more then 1,000 times. I was given 12 seconds of Paul's time.

I am waiting to be corrected from my errors in the last text I sent about God's design was for his own Law to put me to death in Christ that I be dead to the Law. Our the teaching that the Law as designed by God was to open the way not for sin to be contained and to lead us in His paths. No we are told another design of His Law is to allow sin to become utterly sinful. That design does not cease when we become believers. Law is designed that sin made become utterly sinful. Which goes along with 1 Cor. 15: 55- 56 where we are told that the Law is the fuel sin draws from. Yes the Law was designed that sin could use it as the fuel it needs to become utterly sinful.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not temporary at all.

Do you think Moses was confused below?

Exo 34:28 And he was there with the LORD forty days and forty nights; he did neither eat bread, nor drink water. And he wrote upon the tables the words of the covenant, the ten commandments.

Deu 5:1 And Moses called all Israel, and said unto them, Hear, O Israel, the statutes and judgments which I speak in your ears this day, that ye may learn them, and keep, and do them.
Deu 5:2 The LORD our God made a covenant with us in Horeb.
Deu 5:3 The LORD made not this covenant with our fathers, but with us, even us, who are all of us here alive this day.

Do you think Luke was confused in the verse below?

Act 15:24 Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment:

Do you think Paul was confused below?

2Co 3:6 who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.
2Co 3:7 But if the ministry of death, written and engraved on stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of the glory of his countenance, which glory was passing away,
2Co 3:8 how will the ministry of the Spirit not be more glorious?

Do you think Paul was confused in Galatians 3:16-29, and Galatians 4:24-31, or are you trying to ignore what he said, since you made no reference to those passages?

Do you think the author of the Book of Hebrews was confused in the verse below?

Heb 7:12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.

Reactions: Vicky gould
Upvote 0

Vicky gould

Shekinah
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2019
North west
✟69,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I did not travel there, but I was there in a instant. That is why I said to listen to Kat Kerr because she talks a lot about Heaven. She has been there more then 1,000 times. I was given 12 seconds of Paul's time.

Very interesting. I imagine quite busy always nice to be able to get from the horses mouth. I will. Never understand how that came to mean the source maybe need to ask a rancher:amen:

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Very interesting. I imagine quite busy always nice to be able to get from the horses mouth. I will. Never understand how that came to mean the source maybe need to ask a rancher:amen:
He answered my question and then he asked me a question. Why am I not living free from sin. His attitude seems to be different from what people say it is.

Upvote 0

Vicky gould

Shekinah
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2019
North west
✟69,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He answered my question and then he asked me a question. Why am I not living free from sin. His attitude seems to be different from what people say it is.
I love hearing this but could also explain the versus I sent to you. I love the discussion even if no on changes their mind each I hope will have grown a little stronger in our faith and why we believe what we believe.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you think Luke was confused in the verse below?

Act 15:24 Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment:
Yes, I was thinking this was the issue. The law does require physical circumcision. We are responsible for what they call the Righteous Requirements of the Law: "so that the righteous standard of the Law might be fulfilled in us, who do not live according to the flesh but according to the Spirit." (Romans 8:4) Everything is an object lesson for us to learn from.

Deuteronomy 30:6:

“Moreover, the Lord your God will circumcise your heart and the heart of your descendants, to love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul, in order that you may live.”

This type of circumcision, by definition a circumcision of the spirit and not the flesh, goes to the heart of a man, to his soul, his essence, his attitudes and relationship with God. Because this theme of an inner circumcision is so important, God repeats and stresses it, as in Deuteronomy 10:12-16:

"Circumcise then your heart, and stiffen your neck no more.”

One becomes symbolic or an archetype of the other.

So it is not circumcism of the flesh that God honors, He requires circumcism of the heart.

"so that the righteous standard of the Law might be fulfilled in us, who do not live according to the flesh but according to the Spirit." (Romans 8:4)

This is a lesson for us to learn from. I have had four teacher training classes at the Bible college. I need six to be a certified Sunday School Superintendent. So I do know a little about the different teaching methods that we find in the Bible. As we study the teaching methods that Jesus uses. Most important is to use as many of the 5 senses as we can use. God really means business on this one. He really wants to get our attention and show us how important it is that we circumcise our Heart before Him. Moses wife Zipporah was upset about this: "Surely you are a bridegroom of blood to me," she said." Ex 4:25 The law required the people to follow the law or be cut off from among the people.

Today we are responsible for the circumcision of the heart and this is spiritual not physical. If we are not circumcised, if we do not keep the righteous requirement of the law then we are to be cut off from among the people and not counted as a part of the redeemed.

In my conversation with Paul he expected that I understood what God requires of us. When he said "it is written": He also explained what David was teaching us back when he wrote the Psalms. I actually still do not understand that. He gave me the teaching, but I have not processed it yet.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is a lesson for us to learn from. I have had four teacher training classes at the Bible college. I need six to be a certified Sunday School Superintendent.

You will not be qualified to teach Sunday School, until you are willing to quit ignoring the passages that do not agree with you.

You focused on the word "circumcision" in my last post, and then ignored everything else.

If the students in your class do the same thing, they will not learn much.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You focused on the word "circumcision" in my last post, and then ignored everything else.
I can ONLY work with ONE word. The word I work with in the Bible is the very first word in the Bible: Beginning. Not only is everything summed up in that one word. Everything is summed up in the first letter of the first word in the Bible.

You are not ready to go to a second word because you still do not understand the first word that you yourself brought into the conversation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
17 But if, while we sought to be justified in Christ
The word here is justified. God has impressed it upon me many times that He is a God of Justice - absolute and perfect justice. The law does not save people, saved people follow the law. This is evidence that they are saved. Jesus teaches that ALL of the law is summed up in the word: "Love". What part of LOVE are we NOT required to observe. In what way do you feel it is acceptable before God for us to be unloving people? We are justified because Jesus paid our debt for us.

What does any of this have to do with your opinion that we can continue in sin after we are saved? "1 What then shall we say? Shall we continue in sin so that grace may increase? 2 Certainly not! How can we who died to sin live in it any longer?" (Romans 6:1) Sinners are not saved and saved people are not sinners.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If the students in your class do the same thing, they will not learn much.
At least I would teach them the meaning of one word and that is more then what they knew before the class. The devil tries to control the dictionary. He distorts the meaning of the words. So one word at a time we learn the Bible. When we learn what the words mean.

I know a pastor that spent a whole year preaching on the Mind of Christ and all the scriptures that talks about the Mind of Christ. I came to realize you could fill up a dictionary with works of the different qualities of the Mind of Christ.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Vicky gould

Shekinah
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2019
North west
✟69,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I can ONLY work with ONE word. The word I work with in the Bible is the very first word in the Bible: Beginning. Not only is everything summed up in that one word. Everything is summed up in the first letter of the first word in the Bible.

You are not ready to go to a second word because you still do not understand the first word that you yourself brought into the conversation.
Hope to see you around it was fun discussing hope it was to difficult having to deal with me thanks for your patience. Oh yeah before I go are you going to answer what Paul was teaching in the passage from ga.2? I really would like to know your interpretation of I died to the Law through the Law that I might live for Christ.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
At least I would teach them the meaning of one word and that is more then what they knew before the class. The devil tries to control the dictionary. He distorts the meaning of the words. So one word at a time we learn the Bible. When we learn what the words mean.

How about the words "New Covenant".

Have you ever found them in your Bible?

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I died to the Law through the Law that I might live for Christ.
That means we are dead to sin so we can live righteous before God. Paul talks about how he dies daily. Even he was stoned to death. But the resurrection power of God is at work in us to raise us up from the dead so we can continue to serve God. The wages of sin is death but the gift of God is life. Life is always the right choice to make. Life, health, blessing and prosperity.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Vicky gould

Shekinah
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2019
North west
✟69,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The word here is justified. God has impressed it upon me many times that He is a God of Justice - absolute and perfect justice. The law does not save people, saved people follow the law. This is evidence that they are saved. Jesus teaches that ALL of the law is summed up in the word: "Love". What part of LOVE are we NOT required to observe. In what way do you feel it is acceptable before God for us to be unloving people? We are justified because Jesus paid our debt for us.

What does any of this have to do with your opinion that we can continue in sin after we are saved? "1 What then shall we say? Shall we continue in sin so that grace may increase? 2 Certainly not! How can we who died to sin live in it any longer?" (Romans 6:1) Sinners are not saved and saved people are not sinners.
Where are you getting these flights oof fancy. You are very close if not already there to bearing false witness. I said we have been removed from the Law that we live by the Royal Law of love. As I have said love fulfills all the Law. Your lack of love is readily apparent and all the claims of going to see Paul, bible training and lip service about you following the Law can’t cover up your anger and pridefulness. Your imagination has caused you to claim that I believe we can continue to sin. What I said is we still sin after we have been saved but there is a battle between our flesh and our spiritual new man. Unfortunately the flesh wins far to many battles for what I desire. I am like Paul in that I desire God way but my flesh wars against me. You have surely shown how not to fulfill the Law. What did Paul mean we died to the Law through the Law?

Upvote 0

Vicky gould

Shekinah
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2019
North west
✟69,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That means we are dead to sin so we can live righteous before God. Paul talks about how he dies daily. Even he was stoned to death. But the resurrection power of God is at work in us to raise us up from the dead so we can continue to serve God. The wages of sin is death but the gift of God is life. Life is always the right choice to make. Life, health, blessing and prosperity.

Thank you very much.. I needed to know Law and sin are interchangeable. Clears it up for me.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your lack of love is readily apparent and all the claims of going to see Paul
But you do not doubt Paul when he said He was caught up to Heaven.

"3 And I know that this man—whether in the body or out of it I do not know, but God knows— 4 was caught up into Paradise. The things he heard were too sacred for words, things that man is not permitted to tell. 5 I will boast about such a man, but I will not boast about myself, except in my weaknesses. 2Cor12:4

I find it interesting that I had a dream once about my daughter that is in Heaven. Over time I learned a lot about what I saw in that dream. That was a lot more vivid and a lot more extensive then the conversation I had with Paul. Yet people do not have any trouble with dreams.

How about Colton Burpo and his book about going to heaven. He was a lot of people there like David and Sampson. Do you accuse him also of having a lack of love? Because he dared to tell you about the experience that he had?

Kat Kerr has been to Heaven over 1000 times. She travels all over the world to talk about what she has learned there. People do not seem to have any trouble to believe her.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
How about the words "New Covenant".
Have you ever found them in your Bible?
The new covenant is a better covenant based on better promises.
Indeed!
A whole book could be written just on Jere 31 and Heb 8 and is one of my largest Hebrew/Greek studies.

Please visit my thread and feel free to add your comments/views to it.

New Covenant of Jeremiah 31 Hebrew 8
Jan 3, 2009

3772 karath
a primitive root;
to cut (off, down or asunder); by implication, to destroy or consume; specifically, to covenant (i.e. make an alliance or bargain, originally by cutting flesh and passing between the pieces):--be chewed, be con-(feder-)ate, covenant, cut (down, off), destroy, fail, feller, be freed, hew (down), make a league ((covenant)), X lose, perish, X utterly, X want.

Jeremiah 31:
Behold! days, ones coming a declaration of Yahweh and I Cut<3772> a New Covenant with the house of Yisra'el and with the house of Y@huwdah
32 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they broke, although I was a husband to them, says Yahweh.
33 That this the Covenant which I shall Cut with House of Yisra'el after those days, declarations of Yahweh. I give My Law within them and on their heart I shall write it, and I become to them for an Elohim, and they shall become to Me for a people.
Genesis 15:17 And the sun is becoming to set and twilight became and behold! stove of smoke and torch of fire which passed between the cloven parts, these. In that day Yahweh cut/03772 karath with Abram a Covenant to say "to thy seed I give this land
4931. sunteleo from 4862 and 5055;
to complete entirely; generally, to execute (literally or figuratively):--end, finish, fulfil, make.

Hebrews 8:
"For faulting to them He is saying 'behold! days are coming, is saying Lord, and I shall be together-finishing/consummating<sun-telesw <4931>(5692)> upon the House of Israel and upon the House of Judah a New Covenant,
9 Not according as the Covenant which I make to their fathers, in day of taking of Me their hand, to be leading them out of land of Egypt, that they not remain in My Covenant, and I, I un-care of them, is saying LORD.
10 That this the Covenant which I shall be Covenanting to the House of Israel after those days, is saying LORD.
Giving My laws into their minds and upon their hearts I shall be engraving them.
And I shall to them into a God, and they shall be to Me into a People.
===============
And excellent site cross referencing Jere 31 to other places in the OT and NT [look in the right margin]

qBible.com - A Website for Biblical Research

The LXX:

Bible Search Cross Reference Jeremiah 31:31.

{Jeremiah 31:31} Behold, x2009 the days 3117 come, 935 z8802 saith 5002 z8803 the LORD, 3068 that I will make 3772 z8804 a new 2319 covenant 1285 with x854 the house 1004 of Israel, 3478 and with x854 the house 1004 of Judah: 3063

the days:

"Behold,¹ the daysª come,ªº saithªº the LORD,ª that I will sowªº¹ the houseª of Israelª and the houseª of Judahª with the seedª of man,ª and with the seedª of beast.ª" {Jer 31:27} + "Behold,¹ the daysª come,ªº saithªº the LORD,ª that I will raiseªº unto Davidª a righteousª Branch,ª and a Kingª shall reignªº and prosper,ªº and shall executeªº judgmentª and justiceª in the earth.ª" {Jer 23:5}............
==========================================
Bible Search Cross Reference Jeremiah 31:32.

{Jeremiah 31:32} Not x3808 according to the covenant 1285 that x834 I made 3772 z8804 with x854 their fathers 1 in the day 3117 [that] I took 2388 z8687 them by the hand 3027 to bring x3318 them out y3318 z8687 of the land 776 x4480 of Egypt; 4714 which x834 x853 my covenant 1285 they x1992 brake, 6565 z8689 although I x595 was an husband 1166 z8804 unto them, saith 5002 z8803 the LORD: 3068

Not:

"At the same¹ time,ª saithªº the LORD,ª will I be¹ the Godª of all¹ the familiesª of Israel,ª and they¹ shall be¹ my people.ª" {Jer 31:1} ........................
==================================
Bible Search Cross Reference Jeremiah 31:33.

{Jeremiah 31:33} But x3588 this x2063 [shall be] the covenant 1285 that x834 I will make 3772 z8799 with x854 the house 1004 of Israel; 3478 After 310 those x1992 days, 3117 saith 5002 z8803 the LORD, 3068 I will put 5414 z8804 x853 my law 8451 in their inward parts, 7130 and write 3789 z8799 it in x5921 their hearts; 3820 and will be x1961 their God, 430 and they x1992 shall be x1961 my people. 5971

But this shall be the:

"And I will makeªº an everlastingª covenantª with them, that¹ I will not¹ turn awayªº from¹¹ them,² to do them good;ªº¹ but I will putªº my fearª in their hearts,ª that they shall not¹ departªº from¹¹ me." {Jer 32:40}
I will:
"And the LORDª thy Godª will circumciseªº¹ thine heart,ª ...................................

Last edited:
Upvote 0