Jul 23, 2014
Hungary
✟19,945.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Hi my friends in Christ!

I suffer from Scrupulosity for a long time. I am thankful for it, because it has helped a lot to grow closer to God. I am on medications for almost 2 months, and it's the biggest blessing I have ever had. A long journey, with ups and downs, but it's my torn, and I know God uses it for His good.

But this time I fell into a mortal sin... I "want to" hate myself for it, but I know God doesn't want that. I will go to Confession today before Mass, but it's the first time I feel into a mortal sin willingfully for more than 1,5 years, and I don't now how to "act". I feel so guilty, afraid, ashamed, and I feel like I can't do any "productive" things before confession.

I am an artist and the weather is amazing, I would like to go out and take photos, but I feel like I "can't" do it now, only after Confession. But I really think it is OCD.

Any advices? And any prayers are appreciated. I can't believe I have sinned...

r4.h

Feb 11, 2018
Hamilton
✟20,810.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi my friends in Christ!

I suffer from Scrupulosity for a long time. I am thankful for it, because it has helped a lot to grow closer to God. I am on medications for almost 2 months, and it's the biggest blessing I have ever had. A long journey, with ups and downs, but it's my torn, and I know God uses it for His good.

But this time I fell into a mortal sin... I "want to" hate myself for it, but I know God doesn't want that. I will go to Confession today before Mass, but it's the first time I feel into a mortal sin willingfully for more than 1,5 years, and I don't now how to "act". I feel so guilty, afraid, ashamed, and I feel like I can't do any "productive" things before confession.

I am an artist and the weather is amazing, I would like to go out and take photos, but I feel like I "can't" do it now, only after Confession. But I really think it is OCD.

Praying for you. Just be like David a confess it openly to God, then get up and walk with God again. It helps nothing to do penance or punish yourself. Only God is allowed to punish and it will be cleansing time that brings renewal and not condemnation.
I sometimes feel that my punishment is to feel loss of his presence for that day, but the bible tells me His mercies are new every morning. For very serious sin it may be that like Miriam when she spoke against her brother Moses, God puts us out of the camp (so to speak) for 7 days.
However God deals with us, we should just fall into His hands and accept our discipline, learn strategy to avoid sin next time and go on knowing we are forgiven and healed by the blood of Jesus spilt for us.
Let us not treat it like cheap perfume but rare and costly of priceless value and reach.
I fell into sexual sin until i saw Gods strategy (for me) in the book of proverbs saying "go not near her door". If i do not go into a womans house or allow her in mine, then i cannot go to bed with her, plain and simple. And if i do not have a girlfriend in my mind (a go to lust) then i wont be tempted in this manner also.
Hope this helps

Reactions: Zoleee
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,243,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Hi my friends in Christ!

Prayers for you. I have suffered a lot of anxiety, not exactly the same, but I can appreciate your struggles.

Do go to confession. And let yourself feel some real joy at the reconciliation you receive. Praise God for the love He has for you. Be comforted deep down by the absolution you receive. God loves you through all of this. That love is bigger than OCD, and with your meds will lead you to healing some day. The complete healing will be with the Lord, whose absolute love for you this absolution is a fortaste.

Upvote 0

SaNcTaMaRiA

I am a man...who loves our Lady!
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2007
Iowa
✟169,437.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You are obviously sorry for your offense. Go to confession. Confess. You're all good my friend. I get it trust me I have GAD and worry about everything. Don't let your sin ruin your day.

Upvote 0