Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Mormons are known for using Scripture from the Holy Bible used by Christians...but they usually have a 'Mormon' interpretation of it. And they don't believe it anyway, if there is something in the BOM that contradicts it...those who believe the words of Joseph Smith, Jr. over the words in the Testaments and those particularly of Jesus the Christ....are called 'Mormons'.
So you have examples of these so called contradictions? I believe that the Nicene Creed is a contradiction of the Bible. God the Father and the Son are not of the same substance. Jesus has already stated how they are one:

(New Testament | John 17:20 - 23)

20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;
21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:
23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

Same substance is NOT there.

Upvote 0

Goodhuman

Jan 7, 2020
dfgdfsgdf
✟58,992.00
Country
Cambodia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How much do we really know about God the Father. He has appeared 4-5 times in the 6,000 year history of the earth. Each time he appears it is to introduce his Son Jesus Christ and generally says something like: This is my beloved Son, hear him.

So not a lot of information about Jesus's God and Father (John 20:17)

However, there is a lot of information about God the Father's Son, Jesus Christ. We know this:
1) Jesus was born from a human by the name of Mary. So he had human blood flowing through his veins. And human dna. IOW Jesus was 100% human.

2) Jesus's Father was God the Father, and was the only begotten Son of God the Father.

3) Jesus was born, grew up, ministered, and then died on the cross, similar to all other humans. Except he had the power given to him by his Father to lay down his life when he died, rather than his life being taken. But he did experience the same death process that humans did.

4) Jesus was resurrected with a body of flesh and bone and spirit. (Luke 24:36-43) A glorified, exalted, perfect, indestructible, immortal body. But nonetheless a body of flesh and bone and spirit, by which he sits on the right hand of his Father in heaven awaiting his second coming.

5) Jesus was the exact duplicate of his Father (God the Father) (Hebrews 1:3) That means if you were to ask Jesus to show us the Father, he would say to you,"if ye see me, ye see the Father". IOW, Jesus looks just like the Father and if you see Jesus you are in reality seeing the Father. They are in essence twinlike. This is also how we know the make up and nature of God the Father.
Jesus (in his body of flesh and bones and spirit) is sitting next to his Father in Heaven (who also has a body of flesh and bone and spirit).

6) Jesus only did those things that he saw his Father do. (John 5:19-21) The question is: When did the Father do the things that Jesus was doing on earth? The Father showeth Jesus all that he had done. How exactly did he show Jesus how to be crucified on the cross? We believe Jesus saw what his Father had already gone through and it was this way that the Father taught Jesus what he had to do.

Therefore we believe that God the Father at one time, was as human as his Son Jesus was.
Therefore we believe that God the Father has an exalted body of flesh and bone and spirit, just like his Son Jesus Christ has.

They are of the same essence, but are 3 distinct and separate hypostases.

You are thinking too much, just accept that we never will be equal to Holy Trinity and try to be saved, so you can go to heaven.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
You are thinking too much, just accept that we never will be equal to Holy Trinity and try to be saved, so you can go to heaven.
We know that Abraham achieved his goal:
(New Testament | Luke 16:23 - 25)

23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.
25 But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.

Paul was also looking forward to his high calling of God:

(New Testament | Philippians 3:12 - 15)

12 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.
13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
15 Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.

Although we are told to be equal to God, I don't consider myself to even close to that goal:

(New Testament | Philippians 2:5 - 6)

5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

Upvote 0

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟219,919.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
JS learned how to distinguish a false angel from a real angel from God. First there is a different glow and feeling. Second there is a different physical presence. One has tangible assets (true angels), the other is just spirit with no physical assets.

The First Vision account shows JS was not a discerner of spirits. God has never appeared to one of his prophets in such a way to drive such fear into someone where God is referred to as "some power", "this enemy", or "some actual being" where they are made to feel "doomed to sudden destruction".

JS History - 1:15b-16 says
when immediately I was aseized upon by some power which entirely overcame me, and had such an astonishing influence over me as to bind my tongue so that I could not speak. Thick bdarkness gathered around me, and it seemed to me for a time as if I were doomed to sudden destruction.

16 But, exerting all my powers to acall upon God to deliver me out of the power of this enemy which had seized upon me, and at the very moment when I was ready to sink into bdespair and abandon myself to destruction—not to an imaginary ruin, but to the power of some actual being from the unseen world, who had such marvelous power as I had never before felt in any being—just at this moment of great alarm, I saw a pillar of clight exactly over my head, above the brightness of the dsun, which descended gradually until it fell upon me.

Upvote 0

Goodhuman

Jan 7, 2020
dfgdfsgdf
✟58,992.00
Country
Cambodia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We know that Abraham achieved his goal:
(New Testament | Luke 16:23 - 25)

23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.
25 But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.

Paul was also looking forward to his high calling of God:

(New Testament | Philippians 3:12 - 15)

12 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.
13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
15 Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.

Although we are told to be equal to God, I don't consider myself to even close to that goal:

(New Testament | Philippians 2:5 - 6)

5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

How so you want to be gods, while you are not crucified and died on cross?

Upvote 0

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟219,919.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Since 1834 the name of the church has been The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints. It was never named the Mormon church.
Somehow, "The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints Tabernacle Choir" just doesn't have the same marketing appeal. :rolleyes:

Face it, your "prophet" was just having a senior moment when he received this "revelation" to discontinue the use of Mormon. Whatever your church's name is, it does not change the fact that it is still a false church, started by a false prophet, teaching false doctrine, and continues to be led by a false prophet.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
How so you want to be gods, while you are not crucified and died on cross?
You said: "How so you want to be gods, while you are not crucified and died on cross?"

Didn't you read what I said:

Although we are told to be equal to God, I don't consider myself to be even close to that goal:

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Somehow, "The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints Tabernacle Choir" just doesn't have the same marketing appeal. :rolleyes:

Face it, your "prophet" was just having a senior moment when he received this "revelation" to discontinue the use of Mormon. Whatever your church's name is, it does not change the fact that it is still a false church, started by a false prophet, teaching false doctrine, and continues to be led by a false prophet.
You can believe whatever you want to believe. That does not mean you are correct in your beliefs.

Upvote 0

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟219,919.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You said: "How so you want to be gods, while you are not crucified and died on cross?"

Didn't you read what I said:

Although we are told to be equal to God, I don't consider myself to be even close to that goal:
If the mormon goal is to become equal to God, don't you have to be crucified at some point to progress as Jesus did, like his father supposedly did according to your religion? How does that work for you?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
If the mormon goal is to become equal to God, don't you have to be crucified at some point to progress as Jesus did, like his father supposedly did according to your religion? How does that work for you?
This is how it works:

(New Testament | Romans 8:13 - 21)

13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

• Informative
Reactions: gentlejah
Upvote 0

Bruce Leiter

A sinner saved by God's astounding grace and love
Jun 16, 2018
West Michigan
Visit site
✟56,865.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Three gods are in their godhead. Elohim is the supreme god; Mormons should pray only to him. Someone called Jesus was the first spirit son of Elohim and one Elohim's goddesss wives. Elohim is supreme, Jesus is next and then the holy ghost. Elohim is the greatest, and Jesus is greater than the holy ghost. The holy ghost is a spirit man. He takes up space but has no physical body. He can be in only one place at a time.

Elohim earned his godhood and has a glorified body that was once mortal. After Elohim's death he received an exalted body of flesh and bone (without any blood to cause corruption). His goddess wife (wives) was sealed to him for time and eternity in a temple on another planet.

Three humans are in the LDS church presidency: the prophet and the prophet's first and second counselors.
The people coming to people's doors aren't going to tell them that belief, obviously.

Upvote 0

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟219,919.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is how it works:

(New Testament | Romans 8:13 - 21)

13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
Are you saying that if/when you become a god, you won't need to go through a crucifixion like Jesus did? Even though he had to because he was supposed to do what father did (who, I guess by mormon theology, was crucified)? Is this supposed to be some sort of substitutive theology where you don't have to?

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
The Mormons want to emphasize the words 'Jesus Christ' in their name to continue to pretend
they have a Christian doctrine. The word Mormon has accumulated a bit of negativity with stories about Mormon polygamy and the Mormon Massacure, Mormonism, etc. But what are they called: LDS....Latter Day Saints....which means the doctrine of Joseph Smith, Jr... There is no other 'acronym' that fits...it is either LDS or Mormons.
There is only 1 reason we have moved to emphasizing the name of the church, The Church of Jesus of Latter-day Saints or for short, The Church of Jesus Christ, and that is that Jesus Christ himself told our prophet that he was displeased with us referring to the church in any other way other than the Church of Jesus Christ. It is his church, it is not the Mormons church, it is not the LDS church, it is Jesus's church. Hence we are to refer to it as such. Simple and sublime.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
There is only 1 reason we have moved to emphasizing the name of the church, The Church of Jesus of Latter-day Saints or for short, The Church of Jesus Christ, and that is that Jesus Christ himself told our prophet that he was displeased with us referring to the church in any other way other than the Church of Jesus Christ. It is his church, it is not the Mormons church, it is not the LDS church, it is Jesus's church. Hence we are to refer to it as such. Simple and sublime.

Your Jesus is a little slow----what took Him so long?

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Are you saying that if/when you become a god, you won't need to go through a crucifixion like Jesus did? Even though he had to because he was supposed to do what father did (who, I guess by mormon theology, was crucified)? Is this supposed to be some sort of substitutive theology where you don't have to?
I am not the one to decide what suffering is adequate in order to become joint heirs with Christ. God will decide who is worthy.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Again, are you saying that a mouse is a god in embryo? It is the same breath that went to all living things. Is a caterpillar a god in embryo? The whole purpose of the bible is to let us know who God is. This is how we get to know Him. This has to do with our salvation. It is not a matter of just relax and enjoy the ride. This is His word. It is what He left for us to follow, it unveils His character and reveals to us what we are to strive to be like Him in character. Top twist His word is to twist His character and to mislead us. God is not going to let that happen. He preserved His word through the dark ages, He has always maintained a remnant that kept it secure.

Exo 20:7 Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

This means a lot more than using His name as a flippant curse word---it means we do not take His character and malign it, make into something it isn't, to in any way, alter who He is.

How about this?? What is it you guys think this means?
There is only 1 element that God made in his image and in his likeness and was his crowning glory and his highest accomplishment, and that was "man". It is only "man" that the bible records God breathing into him the "breath of life".

Not mice, not caterpillars, not any plants or animals, but just "man". It is not to say that plants and animals do not have spirits, but they are not gods in embryo. Only man has the intellectual capacities and the image and likeness of God. Only "man".

If we said that mice and caterpillars and all animals and plants are gods in embryo, then I believe that would be a form of taking God's name in vain.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

Jesus obviously never told Joseph Smith or President Nelson anything!

Upvote 0