Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Just exactly what do you think this means???

Isa_43:10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.
Jesus was talking about being the only Savior of Israel.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
The Mormons want to emphasize the words 'Jesus Christ' in their name to continue to pretend
they have a Christian doctrine. The word Mormon has accumulated a bit of negativity with stories about Mormon polygamy and the Mormon Massacure, Mormonism, etc. But what are they called: LDS....Latter Day Saints....which means the doctrine of Joseph Smith, Jr... There is no other 'acronym' that fits...it is either LDS or Mormons.
Since 1834 the name of the church has been The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints. It was never named the Mormon church.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
It says what it says...there shall be no other gods....not even Mormon ones.
Yes we are to worship and pray to the Father:

(New Testament | 1 Corinthians 8:5 - 6)

5 For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)
6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Upvote 0

44CJC

Apr 7, 2020
Beaverton
✟7,812.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
By the beginning of the 20th century, many Latter-day Saints self-identified using the terms “Mormon” and “LDS.” The terms “Mormon Church” and “LDS Church” subsequently came into vogue and were frequently used by both leaders, members, and nonmembers.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Of course, it was never called The Church of Mormons...it is those who follow the doctrines of Joseph Smith, Jr....who are called Mormon.
The Book of Mormon is a book that we believe in.
So those who believe the Bible are called Bibles?

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
By the beginning of the 20th century, many Latter-day Saints self-identified using the terms “Mormon” and “LDS.” The terms “Mormon Church” and “LDS Church” subsequently came into vogue and were frequently used by both leaders, members, and nonmembers.
It was a nickname given to us by others. However we do not worship Mormon.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Jesus was talking about being the only Savior of Israel.

The word is God----not Savior!!

Which, BTW---if it is as you say--no other Savior---according to JS---there will be other Gods over other planets who must have their Son crucified for that worlds sins also. So That makes many Saviors, not one. However, as I said, the word is God---not Savior.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
The word is God----not Savior!!

Which, BTW---if it is as you say--no other Savior---according to JS---there will be other Gods over other planets who must have their Son crucified for that worlds sins also. So That makes many Saviors, not one. However, as I said, the word is God---not Savior.
(Old Testament | Isaiah 45:15 - 21)

15 Verily thou art a God that hidest thyself, O God of Israel, the Saviour.
16 They shall be ashamed, and also confounded, all of them: they shall go to confusion together that are makers of idols.
17 But Israel shall be saved in the LORD with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.
18 For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else.
19 I have not spoken in secret, in a dark place of the earth: I said not unto the seed of Jacob, Seek ye me in vain: I the LORD speak righteousness, I declare things that are right.
20 ¶ Assemble yourselves and come; draw near together, ye that are escaped of the nations: they have no knowledge that set up the wood of their graven image, and pray unto a god that cannot save.
21 Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.

Jesus (Jehovah) was the covenanted God of Israel:

(Old Testament | Exodus 6:5 - 8)

5 And I have also heard the groaning of the children of Israel, whom the Egyptians keep in bondage; and I have remembered my covenant.
6 Wherefore say unto the children of Israel, I am the LORD, and I will bring you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians, and I will rid you out of their bondage, and I will redeem you with a stretched out arm, and with great judgments:
7 And I will take you to me for a people, and I will be to you a God: and ye shall know that I am the LORD your God, which bringeth you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians.
8 And I will bring you in unto the land, concerning the which I did swear to give it to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob; and I will give it you for an heritage: I am the LORD.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others

16 They shall be ashamed, and also confounded, all of them: they shall go to confusion together that are makers of idols.
17 But Israel shall be saved in the LORD with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.
18 For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else.
19 I have not spoken in secret, in a dark place of the earth: I said not unto the seed of Jacob, Seek ye me in vain: I the LORD speak righteousness, I declare things that are right.
20 ¶ Assemble yourselves and come; draw near together, ye that are escaped of the nations: they have no knowledge that set up the wood of their graven image, and pray unto a god that cannot save.
21 Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.

5 And I have also heard the groaning of the children of Israel, whom the Egyptians keep in bondage; and I have remembered my covenant.
6 Wherefore say unto the children of Israel, I am the LORD, and I will bring you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians, and I will rid you out of their bondage, and I will redeem you with a stretched out arm, and with great judgments:
7 And I will take you to me for a people, and I will be to you a God: and ye shall know that I am the LORD your God, which bringeth you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians.
8 And I will bring you in unto the land, concerning the which I did swear to give it to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob; and I will give it you for an heritage: I am the LORD.

Only God is a Savior!!! That still makes Him the one and only God, and that means no God before or after Him! Same thing. This in no way makes any other God's out there roaming the universe a real thing! There are no other Gods! The Father, Son and Holy Ghost---One God, the only One in the entire Universe---JS never spoke to Him.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 person
Upvote 0

44CJC

Apr 7, 2020
Beaverton
✟7,812.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
It was a nickname given to us by others. However we do not worship Mormon.
You can see that the quote says: self-identified...as Mormon...By the beginning of the 20th century, many Latter-day Saints self-identified using the terms “Mormon” and “LDS.”..... frequently used by both leaders, members,

Upvote 0

44CJC

Apr 7, 2020
Beaverton
✟7,812.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
You can see that the quote says: self-identified...as Mormon...By the beginning of the 20th century, many Latter-day Saints self-identified using the terms “Mormon” and “LDS.”..... frequently used by both leaders, members,

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

44CJC

Apr 7, 2020
Beaverton
✟7,812.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
'The term Mormon comes from the church’s signature scripture, the Book of Mormon, which followers believe is based on the record keeping of an ancient prophet named Mormon.' Their is nothing inappropriate about calling folks who follow the Book of Mormon (written by JS)...Mormons. The word Bible...means 'book'. It is not someone's name...big difference.

Upvote 0

44CJC

Apr 7, 2020
Beaverton
✟7,812.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married

Upvote 0

44CJC

Apr 7, 2020
Beaverton
✟7,812.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Mormons are known for using Scripture from the Holy Bible used by Christians...but they usually have a 'Mormon' interpretation of it. And they don't believe it anyway, if there is something in the BOM that contradicts it...those who believe the words of Joseph Smith, Jr. over the words in the Testaments and those particularly of Jesus the Christ....are called 'Mormons'.

Upvote 0