Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Maybe not defend it, but at least no dismiss it out of hand.
Why would you say it is impossible for them to be trees?
Or could they be man-made?

Petrified trees are petrified trees. But these structures are just cooled magma. Nothing more, nothing less.

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟240,978.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Petrified trees are petrified trees. But these structures are just cooled magma. Nothing more, nothing less.
That's a very basic reply. I would have expected something more ultrabasic from you.

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
From base to summit, Devil's Tower is 867 feet. That's well above the maximum height of a tree by itself. Even if the part lopped off by Lumbergiant was only an inch tall, it would still be impossible for fluid transport to work without some sort of high-powered mechanical water pump.

No way we know of today, and given today's ecology.
Was it the same before the flood? Unknown, but I don't think so.

You can't just look at rock and declare that even though it has nothing in it which resembles wood in any way that it is wood.

Remember I'm not saying it is, only that I can't discard the possibility
out of hand.

EDIT - Well, that was certainly a... ... ... a thing I watched, I guess? There wasn't any real evidence there, just some pictures of stonework with claims that only hypersonic cutters could do it. Since he didn't identify where these things were, he could have been posting screenshots from a movie for all I could tell.

Simply put, nothing there but wildly unsupported claims.

Google something like "proof of ancient machines".

You should get a list of sites like this:
Evidence of Advanced Machining In Ancient

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Nov 12, 2008
✟240,978.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Remember I'm not saying it is, only that I can't discard the possibility
out of hand.
It is not discarded out of hand. As my prior post points out
  • The mineralogy, texture, structure and composition of the rock fits comfortably within that of similar igneous intrusions.
  • There is no overlap between the mineralogy, texture, structure and composition of petrified wood and that of the rock of the Devils Tower.
Putting these two facts together is what causes rejection of the possibility. It is not discarded "out of hand". To say that is so, is fatuous.

Upvote 0

Obliquinaut

Сделайте Америку прекрасной
Jun 30, 2017
Washington
✟35,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
That's a very basic reply. I would have expected something more ultrabasic from you.

Oh geezly....that reply has probably just won the entire internet. For so many, many, many reasons. It is nearly fractal in its brilliance.

• Friendly
Reactions: Ophiolite
Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Nov 12, 2008
✟240,978.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Oh geezly....that reply has probably just won the entire internet. For so many, many, many reasons. It is nearly fractal in its brilliance.
You are too kind. It has only a limited audience, but I hoped a couple of people might enjoy it as much as I did.

Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Anyway, what really annoys me is that this idea is so insanely cool, and I'd totally read a book or watch a movie based on it, but pseudoscientists have to ruin it by claiming it's actually true and all of the contradictory evidence is part of a conspiracy.

• Agree
Reactions: Shemjaza
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ophiolite

Nov 12, 2008
✟240,978.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Well there were ancient machines, but that doesn't have anything to do with impossibly huge trees.
Are any of the ancient machines giant chainsaws? That would be suggestive.

Upvote 0

chilehed

Veteran
Jul 31, 2003
Michigan
✟237,116.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Also there's no evidence that a 9 foot tall man has ever existed, and certainly no evidence that he would be a mighty warrior rather then an unfortunate barley able to walk.
Robert Wadlow was a bit over 8' 11", but indeed he would not have been counted as a mighty warrior.

Mike and Jim Lanier are the worlds tallest twins; Mike is a friend of mine and I assure you that 7' 7" is truly impressive. Nice guy, great sense of humor. The first time I met him, I was talking with someone and became aware of a presence next to me, looked to the side straight into his armpit.... did a double-take upwards at his face, then resumed my conversation. A few seconds later I felt pressure on my head - he was using it as a rest for his elbow! I started laughing, and introduced myself. Oh, yeah... I stand 5' 11".

Upvote 0

majj27

Mr. Owl has had quite enough
Jun 2, 2014
✟82,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Anyway, what really annoys me is that this idea is so insanely cool, and I'd totally read a book or watch a movie based on it, but pseudoscientists have to ruin it by claiming it's actually true and all of the contradictory evidence is part of a conspiracy.

Someday someone will write a pitch for a TV series where EVERY SINGLE CONSPIRACY THEORY is true, and some hapless team of bumbling goofs have the thankless job of ensuring the public never figures it out. We will follow the adventures of Black Chopper Team Zeta and have a wonderful time viewing their misadventures. It will be Monty Python meets X-Files. It will be 1984 meets Buster Keaton. It will be hysterical. It will be glorious. It will make that writer a zillionaire.

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Nov 12, 2008
✟240,978.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Someday someone will write a pitch for a TV series where EVERY SINGLE CONSPIRACY THEORY is true, and some hapless team of bumbling goofs have the thankless job of ensuring the public never figures it out. We will follow the adventures of Black Chopper Team Zeta and have a wonderful time viewing their misadventures. It will be Monty Python meets X-Files. It will be 1984 meets Buster Keaton. It will be hysterical. It will be glorious. It will make that writer a zillionaire.
You don't understand. It will be a documentary.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums