United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
On the other hand, this could mean that Paul Bunyan was real, lol
Genesis 6:4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟320,844.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Here's an easy one. Most likely when you were growing up you were told and even by observation - that boats/ships disappear over the horizon because of the curvature of the earth. Yet, if you had a telescope or even a camera with a high power zoom you would be able to still see the ship. The ship had not "disappeared" over the horizon because the earth is flat.
I don't know any airline pilots but if you do, ask him/her if pilots adjust for curvature of the earth when flying over the oceans. Oceans are flat and level but according to the globe earth model, they must follow the curvature of the earth. Therefore in order to maintain a steady altitude say at 30,000 feet a pilot would have to consistently be pushing on the yoke in order to just maintain that altitude.
Even if you don't know any pilots, just ask yourself you can feel the upward tilt of the plane upon takeoff and you can feel the plane level off when it reaches its cruising altitude. After cruising altitude is reached the only time you can feel the nose of the plane tilt downward is when the pilot begins to make descending movements as the plane nears its destination.

First off even with the naked eye one can see that the top part of the ship appears before the rest of ship. With a high powered telescope it becomes even more obvious.

I have flown a plane, one is constantly making small adjustments so that argument also fails. Twice fails because cruising at altitude occurs because the lift generated equals the force of gravity. That means a plane would maintain the same altitude with either s sphere or a flat Earth.

But there is one huge difference relative to planes. No matter what direction one points a plane it never reaches the edge of a flat Earth. A huge problem when claiming a flat Earth, no problem for a large sphere.

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
1. Trees can't grow that high due to the limits of their water transport systems and gravity. There is no material on earth strong enough to keep them from collapsing under their own weight.
2. Geologists have studied these formations and know for a fact that they are not petrified wood. They also understand the processes that form them.
3. There are no fossilized root systems under these formations, and neither have any trunks, branches, leaves, or any other parts of these supposed megatrees ever been discovered.
4. If one accepts the idea, as presented in these videos, that the trees were cut down by giants, it fails to explain the lack of skeletal remains, tools, or anything else indicating the existence of such creatures.

And that's just for starters.

1. Unlike the video, I wouldn't assume such height if they were trees.
baobab-tree-cooke-590x390.jpg

2. Not of any known kind of wood. That should go without saying due
to the size alone.
3,4. We haven't discovered any high tech tools from the past, yet they
did things that we have only been able to do the last few decades. And more.
And it doesn't prevent these from being man-made objects.
And yes, there have been giant skeletons found, then hidden or destroyed
all throughout history.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

majj27

Mr. Owl has had quite enough
Jun 2, 2014
✟82,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
1. Unlike the video, I wouldn't assume such height if they were trees.

From base to summit, Devil's Tower is 867 feet. That's well above the maximum height of a tree by itself. Even if the part lopped off by Lumbergiant was only an inch tall, it would still be impossible for fluid transport to work without some sort of high-powered mechanical water pump.

. Not of any known kind of wood. That should go without saying due to the size alone.

You can't just look at rock and declare that even though it has nothing in it which resembles wood in any way that it is wood.

. We haven't discovered any high tech tools from the past, yet they did things that we have only been able to do the last few decades. And more. And it doesn't prevent these from being man-made objects.

Such as?
*Ooops, didn't watch the video. I'll do that now.

EDIT - Well, that was certainly a... ... ... a thing I watched, I guess? There wasn't any real evidence there, just some pictures of stonework with claims that only hypersonic cutters could do it. Since he didn't identify where these things were, he could have been posting screenshots from a movie for all I could tell.

Simply put, nothing there but wildly unsupported claims.

yes, there have been giant skeletons found, then hidden or destroyed all throughout history.

Such as?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

morse86

Aug 2, 2014
✟60,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Tallest man on earth record in modern times, about 9 feet.

Goliath in the bible, about 9-11 feet. Big deal.

In the genesis times, God lengthened the years of man. They would have to be taller, stronger, live longer to jump start society. Basic common sense.

Reptiles never stop growing, if God lengthened mans years to a thousand years, imagine how tall the dinosaurs...I mean reptiles would grow.

• Agree
Reactions: mmksparbud
Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟924,294.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
Tallest man on earth record in modern times, about 9 feet.

Goliath in the bible, about 9-11 feet. Big deal.

In the genesis times, God lengthened the years of man. They would have to be taller, stronger, live longer to jump start society. Basic common sense.

Reptiles never stop growing, if God lengthened mans years to a thousand years, imagine how tall the dinosaurs...I mean reptiles would grow.
Except dinosaurs don't really look much like modern reptiles, and many of them were small. Also there's no evidence that a 9 foot tall man has ever existed, and certainly no evidence that he would be a mighty warrior rather then an unfortunate barley able to walk.

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟239,872.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Common sense has done more to hold back humanity than reality TV.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,078.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Common sense has done more to hold back humanity than reality TV.
Hold back humanity from what?

Blowing each other to smithereens?

Then calling it "science" à la Thomas Malthus?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Except dinosaurs don't really look much like modern reptiles, and many of them were small. Also there's no evidence that a 9 foot tall man has ever existed, and certainly no evidence that he would be a mighty warrior rather then an unfortunate barley able to walk.

I can accept that a 10 or even 12 foot person could possibly exist. But we're talking about 100+ foot tall people here.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,078.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That would be the Reverend Thomas Malthus, devout Christian cleric?
That would be he.
Have you ever wondered why Malthus was a reverend?

The surprising answer is in Bill Bryson’s wonderful new book, At Home A Short History of Private Life (which I just started reading). 18th and 19th century rectors and vicars tended to be affluent and bored. As Bryson explains, rather generous rents and tithes, during good times and bad, funded their pay. Their preparation typically was a university degree in any area. With little training in human sustenance and a book of sermons to refer to each week, they had considerable time on their hands.

SOURCE

Upvote 0

Obliquinaut

Сделайте Америку прекрасной
Jun 30, 2017
Washington
✟35,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

This is one of these things that you kind of wish was true since it would be so freaking cool, yet it's obviously not. Still kind of funny.

There are probably some people on this forum willing to defend this idea, though...

Actually at the monument itself there is a painting of an Indian Legend in which a giant bear is clawing the tree it used to be leaving the marks that we see as the ridges between the columnar basalt.

It's a nice painting as I recall (but it was 32 years ago when I saw it).

Upvote 0

Obliquinaut

Jun 30, 2017
Washington
✟35,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
1. Trees can't grow that high due to the limits of their water transport systems and gravity. There is no material on earth strong enough to keep them from collapsing under their own weight.
2. Geologists have studied these formations and know for a fact that they are not petrified wood. They also understand the processes that form them.
3. There are no fossilized root systems under these formations, and neither have any trunks, branches, leaves, or any other parts of these supposed megatrees ever been discovered.
4. If one accepts the idea, as presented in these videos, that the trees were cut down by giants, it fails to explain the lack of skeletal remains, tools, or anything else indicating the existence of such creatures.

And that's just for starters.

Strathos...was it absolutely necessary to actually say out loud any of this? :) LOL!

Upvote 0

Obliquinaut

Jun 30, 2017
Washington
✟35,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Maybe another aborted Tower of Babel?

Ummm, yeah! That's it! Sure! Why not?

And Giant's Causeway (another example of polygonal jointing in basalt) is probably literally a giant's causeway!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Obliquinaut

Jun 30, 2017
Washington
✟35,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Well, it is called the "Devil's Tower" :sorry:

Oh c'mon man...it's called Devil's Tower because it was pushed up out of the depths of Hell! Sheesh...I would have thought you had better geology training!

Upvote 0

Obliquinaut

Jun 30, 2017
Washington
✟35,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Because it went "underneath" the earth.

No, it's because it's NIGHT TIME. It's dark then.

That's why the Norwegians like to tell us that the Swedish Space Agency was going to send a probe to the Sun at night so it wouldn't burn up.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,078.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ummm, yeah! That's it! Sure! Why not?

And Giant's Causeway (another example of polygonal jointing in basalt) is probably literally a giant's causeway!
Don't forget the Eye of the Needle!

Mark 10:25 It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,078.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That's why the Norwegians like to tell us that the Swedish Space Agency was going to send a probe to the Sun at night so it wouldn't burn up.
OOOOOH do I have a good comeback for this one, but I promised a certain poster I would never bring it up anymore.

You lucked out. ;)

Upvote 0

Obliquinaut

Jun 30, 2017
Washington
✟35,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Don't forget the Eye of the Needle!

Mark 10:25 It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Oh well, we here in the US know that God wasn't serious about that one! LOL! No, the Evangelicals here in the US loudly support Trump a man who appears to be the high priest of Mammon, who lives in a literal golden palace. And Evangelicals vote for lower taxes and fewer public services for the poor.

So, it's clear that some things in the bible were "JK" on the part of God. Right? :)

Upvote 0