Huldah

Oct 25, 2011
Kentucky
✟8,210.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I wanted to post a couple of Bible verses and give my interpretation and ask you for your interpretations. Thanks.

1 Corinthians 13:12--For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. KJV
1 Corinthians 13:12--Now we see things imperfectly like puzzling reflections in a mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity. All that I know now is partial and incomplete but then I will know everything completely, just as God knows me completely--New Living T.

To me this verse means that once we fully realize that God is all and in all, when we look into the mirror we will not only see Him staring back, but begin to REALLY see ourselves. We will start to see our own flaws and faults and begin to align ourselves with His will. We will start to see that He Himself came and lived a PERFECT EXAMPLE for us and we will want to become that perfect REFLECTION of Him.

2 Corinthians 3:18--But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord (US), are changed into the SAME IMAGE from glory to glory, even as by the spirit of the Lord.

Yeshua Bless You

N

Nanopants

I have a different take on it. I don't think it's about showing us how we don't measure up, but rather, it is how God transforms us so that we do measure up. If you notice the verses prior to 2 Cor 3:18...

But their minds were blinded. For until this day the same veil remains unlifted in the reading of the Old Testament, because the [veil] is taken away in Christ. But even to this day, when Moses is read, a veil lies on their heart. Nevertheless when one turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. -vs 14-16

If Christ is showing us how we don't measure up, then there is little difference between that and the Mosaic Law, so I believe something else is being described here.

Therefore, brethren, having boldness to enter the Holiest by the blood of Jesus, by a new and living way which He consecrated for us, through the veil, that is, His flesh, and [having] a High Priest over the house of God, let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water. -Heb 10:19-22.

If you notice, there are two veils described in the verses I referenced: one is the flesh of Christ (which corresponds with the veil in the temple that was torn at His crucifixion) and there is a veil that is or was on the heart of each believer. The temple itself had two veils: one outer veil (separating the inner rooms from the outside) and one inner veil (separating the holy of holies, which was the dwelling place of the glory of God, from the rest of the temple).

What I believe is being implied here is that if we believe on Christ with the heart, then our hearts are crucified with Him, and we can perceive the glory of God that is in Christ through both veils (John 11:40). Another way to put this is that it is through the death of Christ on the cross that we may know (spiritually) what is in Him, and this actually accomplishes the "circumcision" of the heart within us, transforming us and fulfilling the promise of the New Covenant in Jer 31:33.

Upvote 0

Huldah

Oct 25, 2011
Kentucky
✟8,210.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The veil that was torn at His crucifixtion is the veil that hid the fact that He alone is God. He raised Himself from the dead--only the creator can do this. He removed DOUBT about Himself--there is no longer the need for FAITH. He PROVED who He was and WE missed the point. We are the temples of God, the veil that separates us from Him are our sins.
Yeshua Bless You

Upvote 0

Huldah

Oct 25, 2011
Kentucky
✟8,210.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
He Himself was resurrected three days after He died. He came and died for us to deliver the truth in person. He lived as an example, told us all things, opened the eyes of the blind, expected us to seek Him in spirit and truth. He is in us--knock and ask expecting answers. We aren't to do nothing and wait for Him to suddenly appear--we are to ripen and leaven by what He came bearing--wisdom.
Yeshua Bless You

Upvote 0