Bungle_Bear

Whoot!
Mar 6, 2011
✟254,540.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
What if what you call lies, I call truth, or getting very, very much closer to the truth anyway, etc...?
Claiming something aligns with science when it demonstrably doesn't cannot be considered truth.

I'm quite sure you have your own particular brand of "dogma" that you spread on here, so just "who are you" to tell me what to do, or not do, or to try and be the judge of me...?
I do not spread dogma. I challenge it where I see it and ask that obvious untruths not be propagated.

I shall reword my previous request in a way you may understand - feel free to lie to yourself, but please do not spread your demonstrably false dogma to others.

Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,429.00
Faith
Atheist
And I believe the fossil record shows some kind of fish or sea creatures that could kind of fly over the sea for very short distances, etc, it does not say that those "birds" were "mammals" and/or had feathers either, etc...
Citation for those fossils?

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,991.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Citation for those fossils?
I just remember hearing/learning about them when I took Geology in college...

Can't remember a whole lot other than just hearing/learning about them...

They couldn't really "fly" per-say, but they could jump pretty high out of the water and glide for a good distance...

Can't remember what they were called either...? Their were a few species that could do this though...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,429.00
Faith
Atheist
I just remember hearing/learning about them when I took Geology in college...

Can't remember a whole lot other than just hearing/learning about them...

They couldn't really "fly" per-say, but they could jump pretty high out of the water and glide for a good distance...

Can't remember what they were called either...? Their were a few species that could do this though...
Sounds like flying fish... they have extended fins with an aerofoil cross-section allowing them to glide in the air; an excellent example of adaptive evolution.

E.T.A Oops! gazumped by Speedwell... meh!

Upvote 0

Job 33:6

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟295,588.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yeah basically, thanks man...

God Bless!

Even with a stretch of the imagination, the flying fish (which you believe is being called a fish in scripture) still post dates terrestrial animals by some 200 million years. Whereas scripture suggests that flying fish should come before terrestrial animals.

And if Genesis 1:20 is referring to flying fish and not actual birds, then there is no other passage that might reference the creation of birds.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,991.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Even with a stretch of the imagination, the flying fish (which you believe is being called a fish in scripture) still post dates terrestrial animals by some 200 million years.

That we know of, or have fossil records for...

I know it may not be "perfect", but for some reason God had to use the language "birds" and such (and such) to those people back then at that time, to describe some creatures of the sea that might have had some limited ability to "fly" back then...

It is very hard to find a lot of fossil records for that age and era and time, for one thing there just are not very many of them around anymore, for one thing...

Unless it was a very, very common creature, that was very big in numbers, then it's that much harder to have or find any fossils of them around by our period of time since it was so long ago, etc, and a lot geologically has happened to and in the earth since then...

But there could have been, no, more than likely "is or are or were" many, many different kinds of sea creatures back then ("monsters" also) (or pretty monstrous sea creatures) that were more than likely never going to find any fossils of, or fossil record for, ever, (now), (or by now), etc, but that is not to say that those creatures never existed, and there could have been many others we don't know about as well, (and more than likely were), and are never going to ever find out about as well, (such as flying ones, etc), but that is not to say that none like that ever existed back then, etc...

Anyway,

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,991.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
And you consider that to be an adequate example of a "bird" able to fly in the open firmament?
If you were talking to a very, very primitive people with very limited concepts or ideas on almost, or just about "everything", yes...

And I don't know what the Hebrew word was for "bird" or that was translated "birds", but it probably had a much more "broader" and much more "general" (and much more simple, but probably also a lot more vague) "meaning", like much of the Hebrew words translated did back then, etc... That also shows the limits of their "vocabulary" then, or back then also BTW...

Our words often can't convey the exact meaning of those or their words back then, which is difficulty translators have deal with a lot, or a great deal, etc... Some of the words are so broad and so general and so vague, that highly accurately translating them (and conveying their "exact" meaning) (and sometimes even the general meaning of them in general even sometimes) isn't even possible sometimes... It's a very common problem that translators face and have to deal with a lot, especially with very old and ancient (primitive) languages, etc...

Anyway,

God Bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,991.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
If you were talking to a very, very primitive people with very limited concepts or ideas on almost, or just about "everything", yes...

And I don't know what the Hebrew word was for "bird" or that was translated "birds", but it probably had a much more "broader" and much more "general" (and much more simple, but probably also a lot more vague) "meaning", like much of the Hebrew words translated did back then, etc... That also shows the limits of their "vocabulary" then, or back then also BTW...

Our words often can't convey the exact meaning of those or their words back then, which is difficulty translators have deal with a lot, or a great deal, etc... Some of the words are so broad and so general and so vague, that highly accurately translating them (and conveying their "exact" meaning) (and sometimes even the general meaning of them in general even sometimes) isn't even possible sometimes... It's a very common problem that translators face and have to deal with a lot, especially with very old and ancient (primitive) languages, etc...

Anyway,

God Bless!
I know this may be a little bit "off-topic", but that's why I like the amplified version of the Bible so much... since I don't know Hebrew or Greek, etc... cause it contains several or multiple of our words for one original word translated, to give you a "broader" much more "general" idea of the original word that was translated, and I think gives you a much better concept or idea of what they actually meant or were supposed to mean, etc...

Instead of trying to use or find only one word, for one word, it uses several of our words, for one word, which I think gives you a better idea if you don't know some of the ancient languages, etc... It gives you an (better) idea of the "more broader and more general meaning", that often, the original single word in those languages actually meant or were supposed to mean and/or were trying to convey...

The disadvantage is it also a lot more vague, but the original words were also a lot more vague also, etc...

Anyway, something to consider...

Anyway, I'll stop derailing the thread now, OK...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,991.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I believe evolution is not random, or is just the result of creatures or species or life just simply "adapting", and/or combined with just the survival or the fittest, etc, but is by design and is a program written, directed/manipulated by, and created by God...

DNA seems to suggest that a bit...

An intelligent design, or an intelligent program, etc...

Anyway,

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Millennials turn away from Creationism

Came across this blog post today. The author in question used data from the General Social Survey to look at the views of different age cohorts (i.e. generations) and whether they believe humans developed from animals.

The results show pretty clearly that younger generations are trending away from creationist beliefs. This reinforces similar demographics results from other surveys (Gallup, Pew Research, etc).
It's hardly surprising. It's the last days. People will believe almost anything except the truth. Even some Christians are caught up in the evolution farce. Since education facilities are forbidden to teach creation and the church is losing its influence, millennials are not being given the alternative. It's not so much a turning away as never knowing the truth in the first place.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,991.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I believe evolution is not random, or is just the result of creatures or species or life just simply "adapting", and/or combined with just the survival or the fittest, etc, but is by design and is a program written, directed/manipulated by, and created by God...

Anyway,

God Bless!
How like with a computer, we write "programs" on chips or now microscopic memory chips, etc, that are mechanical in nature, but what if we could write them on different material or things even smaller, like atoms or quantum particles, or with biology or biological material...?

What if God or the gods already did...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
what should i as a creationist do?
Arm yourself with truth and expect hardly a soul to accept it. There is as much evidence to refute evolution as to support it. The biggest obstacle to evolution is origin of life research. Professor James Tour destroys all origin of life theories apart from "in the beginning, God...." Walt Brown is also a great help.
For another way of approaching the subject, try this site: Science Against Evolution Official Home Page The site author is very funny at times.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,991.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Some people think that because a majority believe something, it must be true. That is nonsense, of course. The internet proves that over and over again.
You guys are blind, or are the blind that used to be leading the blind, but now that that is changing you want to "whine" I guess...

You guys used to be a majority once, what's that say about you...?

God Bless!

Reactions: Jimmy D
Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
You guys are blind, or are the blind that used to be leading the blind, but now that that is changing you want to "whine" I guess...

You used to be a majority once, what's that say about you...?

God Bless!
A majority? Me? You are too kind

• Friendly
Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,991.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
A majority? Me? You are too kind
You "guys", I meant "you guys", I was just typing to fast and didn't realize I left that word out, I just edited it...:doh:

God Bless!

• Haha
Reactions: Aussie Pete
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,991.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

Anyway,

God Bless!

How like with a computer, we write "programs" on chips or now microscopic memory chips, etc, that are mechanical in nature, but what if we could write them on different material or things even smaller, like atoms or quantum particles, or with biology or biological material...?

What if God or the gods already did...?

God Bless!

And I wonder if it's not just the evolution of what we call life, but also stars and planets and galaxies, and star and solar systems, etc... the life of them, or them and us all... What if it is all by design... intentional... by an intelligent (very intelligent) designer... who fully knows and knew it all from before ever starting it all, or setting it all in motion... One (to us) very, very, very, large (very large) and extremely complex (very complex) "program", but to God, or a or the God, maybe not so much, maybe not as large or as complex or as difficult to conceive of (or complex/detailed, etc) or as difficult to know, and know it all, from the very start of it, etc, to the very end of it, etc...

What if He uses, or is or was using, matter and energy, etc, and the very smallest parts that make up all the substance of these and all that we know (and some things we maybe do not yet know, or do not know yet) to "write" or "program", all his program on, or onto, etc...?

And it's all intentional and by design...?

That it all works together from the very smallest to the very largest, and us, and everything in-between, by a pre-arranged or pre-programmed "program" that He (God) both created and designed and gave "life" to, etc...?

What if huh...?

Would He interact with it though...? Would He have to, or choose to' "step in or into it" and be in it and be an active part of it every step of the way...? Or does or would "that One" or such a One have "others" for that, etc...?

Anyway, What if huh...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,991.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
And I wonder if it's not just the evolution of what we call life, but also stars and planets and galaxies, and star and solar systems, etc... the life of them, or them and us all... What if it is all by design... intentional... by an intelligent (very intelligent) designer... who fully knows and knew it all from before ever starting it all, or setting it all in motion... One (to us) very, very, very, large (very large) and extremely complex (very complex) "program", but to God, or a or the God, maybe not so much, maybe not as large or as complex or as difficult to conceive of (or complex/detailed, etc) or as difficult to know, and know it all, from the very start of it, etc, to the very end of it, etc...

What if He uses, or is or was using, matter and energy, etc, and the very smallest parts that make up all the substance of these and all that we know (and some things we maybe do not yet know, or do not know yet) to "write" or "program", all his program on, or onto, etc...?

And it's all intentional and by design...?

That it all works together from the very smallest to the very largest, and us, and everything in-between, by a pre-arranged or pre-programmed "program" that He (God) both created and designed and gave "life" to, etc...?

What if huh...?

Would He interact with it though...? Would He have to, or choose to' "step in or into it" and be in it and be an active part of it every step of the way...? Or does or would "that One" or such a One have "others" for that, etc...?

Anyway, What if huh...?

God Bless!
I guess the big question one has to ask themselves, and the "dividing line" is or will or would be, when you look "out there" and "around here", at life, evolution, biology, physics, etc, and all of all the things both big or large and/or small, and "everything in-between", what do you see...?

Do you see just random chaos with nothing behind any of it at all, or do you see order and design, and maybe an intelligence behind it, or behind all of it, or it all, etc...?

I guess that is the question you have to ask yourself...? I see the latter, but I also know that, regardless, "regardless" some are still going to see the former probably, and probably "no matter what", as well...

Anyway,

God Bless!

Upvote 0