Mike Lindell returns to Springfield Missouri for 2-day "divinely inspired" ‘Election Summit’

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟458,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I never said that.

So you are unwilling to read the website of the campaign you are talking about, but you are calling out other people for "imagination". Gotcha.
Imagination in what the flyer MAY mean.

Or you could read the website, which plainly states that it is about the platform. The relevant text has even been quoted in the OP.
ME: What is objectionable or violative in the platform? No, I did not go to the site. I read the flyer which indicates what the intended topic is.
-------------
Clearly, you suggested something is really wrong with the platform. So I asked what it is?

You have no response. (Stupid gifs and memes are not substantive responses, so don't bother - that's not my level).

I went to the site which leads to a long video for which one must sign up. Nah. So apparently you DID sign up, since you are chastising me for not going to the site. So again, what was objectionable about the platform?

I am not signing up to watch a video as you apparently did so I looked elsewhere: "Mike Lindell has unveiled his new plan to ensure future election security: a wireless device that monitors polling places to assure that machines are not just connected to the internet but maintain real-time accuracy."

Again, so what? MSN

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Again, so what? MSN

Oh dear.

He's going to put thousands of electronic dinguses in the hands of thousands of his followers, who will no doubt disrupt voting locations during the election, making wild accusations that the machines are connected to the internet.

"What if I told you that there's a device that's been made for the first time in history that could tell you that that machine was online?...Well, this is what we've been working on for over a year," Lindell said today. "This is a demo, everybody. We have it."

Lindell told Newsweek via phone on Friday that he has probably 5,000 devices ready for fall elections this year, with the anticipation of having devices present across all 50 states by next November's elections.

Lindell previously told The Daily Beast that this technology would revolutionize elections, while also vowing to defeat a $1.3 billion defamation lawsuit filed against him by Dominion Voting Systems—the same company that was legally successful in its lawsuit against Fox News Corporation for similar claims.

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟458,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Oh dear.

He's going to put thousands of electronic dinguses in the hands of thousands of his followers, who will no doubt disrupt voting locations during the election, making wild accusations that the machines are connected to the internet.

"What if I told you that there's a device that's been made for the first time in history that could tell you that that machine was online?...Well, this is what we've been working on for over a year," Lindell said today. "This is a demo, everybody. We have it."

Lindell told Newsweek via phone on Friday that he has probably 5,000 devices ready for fall elections this year, with the anticipation of having devices present across all 50 states by next November's elections.

Lindell previously told The Daily Beast that this technology would revolutionize elections, while also vowing to defeat a $1.3 billion defamation lawsuit filed against him by Dominion Voting Systems—the same company that was legally successful in its lawsuit against Fox News Corporation for similar claims.
In the hands of his followers? Where is that quote? Not seeing that. Appears he is suggesting that it be used to monitor machines at election sites via some drone flying over and passively capturing that devices are accessing the internet. Ok?

Your computer system and your cell phone are doing that right now to everyone.

The wifi monitoring device simply checks this - "We have been informed that election computers are not connected to internet so we cannot get internet votes". This device will determine "wifi connections in county and state election sites." meaning that devices are used but not details of what any device is doing.

One can merely view if wifi connections are happening at the election site via an app. Ok? Big deal.

I don't see it being a big seller, but the more oversight, the better.

Who cares....besides the Daily Beast and other propaganda sites?

Here is a short video of Lindell at that meeting that does not have a paywall. Mike Lindell Explains The Wireless Monitoring Device That Will Help Police Our Elections

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
In the hands of his followers? Where is that quote? Not seeing that.
I mean, you don't suppose he's going to sell them to the state election board. So who is going to be using these things other than the people he has convinced to use them?

Appears he is suggesting that it be used to monitor machines at election sites via some drone flying over and passively capturing that devices are accessing the internet. Ok?

Probably not okay. You can't necessarily legally fly your drone anywhere you like.

The wifi monitoring device simply checks this - "We have been informed that election computers are not connected to internet so we cannot get internet votes". This device will determine "wifi connections in county and state election sites." meaning that devices are used but not details of what any device is doing.
Right, so suppose the smart thermostat in the church polling place shows up as an unknown device on the wifi monitor. And Lindell's "real-time command center" flags it as a 'voting machine'. The potential for abuse and misuse is enormous.

• Useful
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,430,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
With Steve Bannon of the "Build the Wall" scam, you can bet that'll be piece of the puzzle.
:

...removing post as it's not worth getting reported for Bannon's trashy mouth. Do a google search on Steve Bannon....you'll see what I'm referring to.....

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟458,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I mean, you don't suppose he's going to sell them to the state election board. So who is going to be using these things other than the people he has convinced to use them?

Probably not okay. You can't necessarily legally fly your drone anywhere you like.

Right, so suppose the smart thermostat in the church polling place shows up as an unknown device on the wifi monitor. And Lindell's "real-time command center" flags it as a 'voting machine'. The potential for abuse and misuse is enormous.
You mean like the current massive misuse of government resources like the DOJ in targeting regular Americans who dared to go to a school board meeting, be in Washington DC on Jan 6, 2021, or pray at abortion clinics? Or this Administration actively working against citizens in silencing political views it didn't like, using social media as its arm to do what it could not do under the Constitution?

Yeah... Lindell possibly selling a few devices - or maybe not - that can determine wifi usage at a polling place once every 4 years....THAT's our real danger. Come on.

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You mean like the current massive misuse of government resources like the DOJ in targeting regular Americans who dared to go to a school board meeting,

This didn't happen. The investigations were of people who threatened the lives of school board members; and even then, my recollection is that only one was formally investigated. The rest they asked a couple of questions and found the person was not an actual threat.

be in Washington DC on Jan 6, 2021,

Change that to being in the Capitol building illegally on Jan 6 and then it is relatively close to being correct. There are tens of thousands of Trump supporters that were in DC on Jan 6 who are not in danger of having charged filed because they did not enter the Capitol building.

or pray at abortion clinics?

Again, didn't happen. The case I'm aware of is where a protestor tried blocking and pushed down a 72 year old man entering the building. That isn't just praying.

Or this Administration actively working against citizens in silencing political views it didn't like, using social media as its arm to do what it could not do under the Constitution?

Oh, you mean like the Trump administration.

Yeah... Lindell possibly selling a few devices - or maybe not - that can determine wifi usage at a polling place once every 4 years....THAT's our real danger. Come on.

I think the complaint, and essentialsaltes can correct me if I'm wrong, is that there are various devices that can do that already -- particularly when you are the managers of the network and can see what devices are attached to the network -- and there are already procedures to ensure that these machines are not attached to the network during elections. Buying an extra device to check for this isn't going to change things, particularly when it is sold by a pillow manufacturer/salesman.

And, again, part of the issue is going to be people buying them who aren't computer literate thinking that computers hooked up to the local voter database (so they can verify that people have the right to vote and haven't voted already) and loudly complaining about "machines being attached to 'the Internet'" is going to hurt our elections more than any help they will cause.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,965.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single

ME: What is objectionable or violative in the platform? No, I did not go to the site. I read the flyer which indicates what the intended topic is.
-------------
Clearly, you suggested something is really wrong with the platform. So I asked what it is?

You have no response. (Stupid gifs and memes are not substantive responses, so don't bother - that's not my level).

I went to the site which leads to a long video for which one must sign up. Nah. So apparently you DID sign up, since you are chastising me for not going to the site. So again, what was objectionable about the platform?

I am not signing up to watch a video as you apparently did so I looked elsewhere: "Mike Lindell has unveiled his new plan to ensure future election security: a wireless device that monitors polling places to assure that machines are not just connected to the internet but maintain real-time accuracy."

Again, so what? MSN

-------------

Again, so what? MSN
Just because you say that I "clearly suggest something", it doesn't make it so.

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟458,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This didn't happen. The investigations were of people who threatened the lives of school board members; and even then, my recollection is that only one was formally investigated. The rest they asked a couple of questions and found the person was not an actual threat.

Change that to being in the Capitol building illegally on Jan 6 and then it is relatively close to being correct. There are tens of thousands of Trump supporters that were in DC on Jan 6 who are not in danger of having charged filed because they did not enter the Capitol building.

Again, didn't happen. The case I'm aware of is where a protestor tried blocking and pushed down a 72 year old man entering the building. That isn't just praying.

Oh, you mean like the Trump administration.

I think the complaint, and essentialsaltes can correct me if I'm wrong, is that there are various devices that can do that already -- particularly when you are the managers of the network and can see what devices are attached to the network -- and there are already procedures to ensure that these machines are not attached to the network during elections. Buying an extra device to check for this isn't going to change things, particularly when it is sold by a pillow manufacturer/salesman.

And, again, part of the issue is going to be people buying them who aren't computer literate thinking that computers hooked up to the local voter database (so they can verify that people have the right to vote and haven't voted already) and loudly complaining about "machines being attached to 'the Internet'" is going to hurt our elections more than any help they will cause.
Misuse of resources, and terribly dangerou policy to weaponize DOJ and other agencies against Americans. It did indeed happen. Here are just a couple:

"One investigation allegedly began after the FBI received a tip that a mom had told a local school board, “We are coming for you.” The complaint “alleged that the mom was a threat because she belonged to a ‘right wing mom’s group’ known as ‘Moms for Liberty,’ and because she is a ‘gun owner,'” the congressmen wrote. An FBI agent reportedly interviewed the the mom, who said she was upset about a school mask mandate and wanted to elect new board members.

In another instance, the congressmen wrote that an FBI agent interviewed a tipster who admitted he had “no specific information or observations . . . of any crimes or threats.” The tipster had submitted a complaint against an anti-mask-mandate dad, claiming that the dad “fit the profile of an insurrectionist,” and the FBI had opened an investigation into the dad."

Every single thing I indicated did indeed happen: From a far left source: Anti-Abortion Activist Accused of Pushing 72-Year-Old Volunteer Found Not Guilty

And from a source with some detail:
"The morning raid on Sept. 23, 2022, at the family’s home sparked outrage within pro-life circles and swift condemnation from many federal lawmakers, who blasted the FBI’s heavy-handed tactics and the Justice Department’s use of the Freedom of Access to Clinic Entrances Act. Though the 1993 federal law, known as the FACE Act, was written to also prosecute crimes at pro-life pregnancy facilities and places of worship, it has been used almost exclusively against pro-life activists."

Houck was charged with two counts of violating the act and faced 11 years in federal prison if convicted.

You can twist it all you want, as a segment tends to do to justify these violations of government, but the evidence is out there. Look for it outside biased sources - and even those, like Rolling Stone sometimes covers the irrefutable, such as Mark Houck, an anti-abortion protester, and father of several kids, who was awakened by a raid on his house, because he pushed someone who got in his adolescent son's face. Acquitted.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟458,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Just because you say that I "clearly suggest something", it doesn't make it so.
I block silly "meme or gif or emoji spammers-in-lieu of-substantive-content" posters. Below my level and not worth my time. If you have some legitimate discussion points or evidence indicating that I am incorrect - I asked you a couple questions already that were not answered - please feel free to respond. Otherwise move on. I know I will.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,965.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I block silly "meme or gif or emoji spammers-in-lieu of-substantive-content" posters. Below my level and not worth my time. If you have some legitimate discussion points or evidence indicating that I am incorrect - I asked you a couple questions already that were not answered - please feel free to respond. Otherwise move on. I know I will.
I would be more than happy to be blocked by you. Go right ahead.

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Misuse of resources, and terribly dangerou policy to weaponize DOJ and other agencies against Americans. It did indeed happen. Here are just a couple:

"One investigation allegedly began after the FBI received a tip that a mom had told a local school board, “We are coming for you.” The complaint “alleged that the mom was a threat because she belonged to a ‘right wing mom’s group’ known as ‘Moms for Liberty,’ and because she is a ‘gun owner,'” the congressmen wrote. An FBI agent reportedly interviewed the the mom, who said she was upset about a school mask mandate and wanted to elect new board members.

In another instance, the congressmen wrote that an FBI agent interviewed a tipster who admitted he had “no specific information or observations . . . of any crimes or threats.” The tipster had submitted a complaint against an anti-mask-mandate dad, claiming that the dad “fit the profile of an insurrectionist,” and the FBI had opened an investigation into the dad."

You are basically giving evidence of what I claimed -- these people were reported to the FBI for making "threats." They weren't investigated for just going to a school board meeting but because specific complaints were made about things they said or wrote. The FBI had no control over reports where the reporter indicated that there was no clear threat made. If you look into it a bit deeper, when they found out there was no actual threat, the investigations were quickly concluded.

Also, to be clear, my understanding of FBI procedure is that when they initially "investigate" (and what is called an investigation in these articles), they are "following up on a report/complaint." For the FBI, the "investigation" doesn't actually become an investigation until they have verified the report -- at which point the investigation is officially opened. Most of these people were not "investigated" (using the FBI terminology), instead the agents followed up and found that the "threats" were not serious and no investigation of those that made the threat occurred.

Every single thing I indicated did indeed happen: From a far left source: Anti-Abortion Activist Accused of Pushing 72-Year-Old Volunteer Found Not Guilty

And from a source with some detail:
"The morning raid on Sept. 23, 2022, at the family’s home sparked outrage within pro-life circles and swift condemnation from many federal lawmakers, who blasted the FBI’s heavy-handed tactics and the Justice Department’s use of the Freedom of Access to Clinic Entrances Act. Though the 1993 federal law, known as the FACE Act, was written to also prosecute crimes at pro-life pregnancy facilities and places of worship, it has been used almost exclusively against pro-life activists."

Houck was charged with two counts of violating the act and faced 11 years in federal prison if convicted.

Yes, he pushed a 72-year old man who ended up going to the hospital. Yes, Houck was acquitted. The fact remains, he wasn't arrested for protesting -- he was one of several there that day, yet he was the only one who ended up arrested.

You can twist it all you want, as a segment tends to do to justify these violations of government, but the evidence is out there. Look for it outside biased sources - and even those, like Rolling Stone sometimes covers the irrefutable, such as Mark Houck, an anti-abortion protester, and father of several kids, who was awakened by a raid on his house, because he pushed someone who got in his adolescent son's face. Acquitted.

The problem is that what you claimed -- "targeting regular Americans who dared to go to a school board meeting, be in Washington DC on Jan 6, 2021, or pray at abortion clinics?" -- didn't happen. Americans who were believed to have threatened school board members and were reported, the reports were investigated to ensure there was no threat to those officials. Yes, most of the reports ended up being misunderstandings or exaggerations, but that isn't on the FBI or DoJ -- and they definitely did not simply target people who went to school board meetings.

You have one example of "pray at an abortion clinic" and a elderly gentleman was pushed and sent to the hospital. Regardless of how you feel, that is one example. And, from what I've seen, that is the only example of someone arrested while "praying." The fact is, people who protest peacefully and do not interfere with those entering and exiting are not arrested -- just like none of the others were arrested, other than Houck, who were protesting that day.

And I notice you wisely didn't even try to defend the Jan 6 idea. The fact is, people aren't investigated or arrested for simply attending or "praying" -- there has to be something else. Things like entering a building illegally or making things that someone felt was a threat to the safety and well-being of another. Don't try to gaslight us that you were correct when you purposely attempt to mislead by claiming people were just going to a place or praying.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Ars Technica

Red alert: “Router just went online”

"There's a command center where this information goes down and flashes, it'll go—'router online,'" Lindell said. It's not clear why a router connecting to the Internet would be evidence of election fraud, but Lindell provided that as an example multiple times. "If you're in this room and this is an election room, beep beep beep, router just went online, this red alert goes out there," he said.

When an online connection is detected the Election Crime Bureau master alert system will be quickly notified and the alert will be displayed on the alert webpage.

This would, of course, gather information on many devices that have nothing to do with voting machines, like the cell phones in Lindell's audience.

• Informative
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
I can already see the riots because some idiot thinks the WLAN of the house next door to the polling place is proof of a rigged election.
This can only happen because some people have worked hard to chip away at Americans' faith in the democratic process. People will now trust the Pillow Guy's Command Center over their own local elections officials.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
This can only happen because some people have worked hard to chip away at Americans' faith in the democratic process. People will now trust the Pillow Guy's Command Center over their own local elections officials.
Yes, anything that can get the talk away from the lack of any meaningful legislation getting done in our legislatures is great. /s

Our systems of government require the politicking be done within these legislative chambers; without being able to secure a supermajority (despite the gerrymandering), the politics will have to be done away from where they should be done, but it’ll probably be easier to control.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟909,323.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Ars Technica

Red alert: “Router just went online”

"There's a command center where this information goes down and flashes, it'll go—'router online,'" Lindell said. It's not clear why a router connecting to the Internet would be evidence of election fraud, but Lindell provided that as an example multiple times. "If you're in this room and this is an election room, beep beep beep, router just went online, this red alert goes out there," he said.

When an online connection is detected the Election Crime Bureau master alert system will be quickly notified and the alert will be displayed on the alert webpage.

This would, of course, gather information on many devices that have nothing to do with voting machines, like the cell phones in Lindell's audience.

So Lindell's plan to fight election fraud is to revive WAR driving from 20 years ago?

Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,065.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
So Lindell's plan to fight election fraud is to revive WAR driving from 20 years ago?
Good thing the people leading this effort haven't managed to get themselves in legal trouble before from their poorly thought out plans. That's how we know this next idea is a sure-fire winner.

Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟458,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You are basically giving evidence of what I claimed -- these people were reported to the FBI for making "threats." They weren't investigated for just going to a school board meeting but because specific complaints were made about things they said or wrote. The FBI had no control over reports where the reporter indicated that there was no clear threat made. If you look into it a bit deeper, when they found out there was no actual threat, the investigations were quickly concluded.

Also, to be clear, my understanding of FBI procedure is that when they initially "investigate" (and what is called an investigation in these articles), they are "following up on a report/complaint." For the FBI, the "investigation" doesn't actually become an investigation until they have verified the report -- at which point the investigation is officially opened. Most of these people were not "investigated" (using the FBI terminology), instead the agents followed up and found that the "threats" were not serious and no investigation of those that made the threat occurred.

Yes, he pushed a 72-year old man who ended up going to the hospital. Yes, Houck was acquitted. The fact remains, he wasn't arrested for protesting -- he was one of several there that day, yet he was the only one who ended up arrested.

The problem is that what you claimed -- "targeting regular Americans who dared to go to a school board meeting, be in Washington DC on Jan 6, 2021, or pray at abortion clinics?" -- didn't happen. Americans who were believed to have threatened school board members and were reported, the reports were investigated to ensure there was no threat to those officials. Yes, most of the reports ended up being misunderstandings or exaggerations, but that isn't on the FBI or DoJ -- and they definitely did not simply target people who went to school board meetings.

You have one example of "pray at an abortion clinic" and a elderly gentleman was pushed and sent to the hospital. Regardless of how you feel, that is one example. And, from what I've seen, that is the only example of someone arrested while "praying." The fact is, people who protest peacefully and do not interfere with those entering and exiting are not arrested -- just like none of the others were arrested, other than Houck, who were protesting that day.

And I notice you wisely didn't even try to defend the Jan 6 idea. The fact is, people aren't investigated or arrested for simply attending or "praying" -- there has to be something else. Things like entering a building illegally or making things that someone felt was a threat to the safety and well-being of another. Don't try to gaslight us that you were correct when you purposely attempt to mislead by claiming people were just going to a place or praying.
That's exactly what happened....the Biden Administration knew about/ possibly colluded with Randy
the National School Board Association's president and CEO sent the letter to Biden on Sept. 29 without approval from the organization's board. The letter said that the acts of some parents at school board meetings across the country could be considered "a form of domestic terrorism and hate crimes."

"The letter makes clear that the White House was aware of the letter before it was released, while raising questions about whether the White House colluded with the association on the letter to prompt federal action. The letter has sparked allegations that the Biden administration is trying to stifle dissent among parents who oppose mask mandates and the teaching of critical race theory at America's schools. School board meetings have become battlegrounds for factions of parents torn on those issues."

I'd show you the letter itself where Weingarten said , but the NSBA removed it from its website. But its undoubtedly out there in screenshots.

Here are some of the emails: https://defendinged.org/wp-content/...e_NSBA-Letter-to-President-Biden_Redacted.pdf

Here is a relevant snippet confirming the allegation of "parents as terrorists":
"Many of us have been put in a position now of explaining or defending this action of our association as we are asked by
members of our community if we consider them domestic terrorists for showing up to our meetings and expressing their
opinions. As a Member of this Board, I can defend the intent, but not the approach or much of the tone or content. And
it makes me chagrined to have to say that. I have learned in my own state of Ohio that is filled with diverse views that it
does me no good to ignore the views of my neighbors and not try to find common ground rather than sow division.
This letter has created a new and renewed firestorm. We have given our loudest critics more ammunition to criticize
us.
I believe this letter was created unfortunately in the same kind of vacuum that has fueled the recent criticism of this
Board and our Association.
We can, and should do better, but we can only do that if we work together and collaborate for our common good rather
than acting without our full consent and counsel. We owe that to our association and our membership if we are to
continue and succeed.
Sorry for the length of this, but what happened with this letter and the backlash I am seeing has made me reflect on my
service on this board to this point, and how we have gone about our business that goes beyond this letter, and has
caused me concern. If we don’t do better, the very survival and relevance of NSBA is at stake.
John W. Halkias
Director, Central Region NSBA

Upvote 0