Africa
✟12,053.00
Country
Nigeria
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
SCRIPTURE: 'He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust.” Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler And from the perilous pestilence. He shall cover you with His feathers, And under His wings, you shall take refuge; His truth shall be your shield and buckler. You shall not be afraid of the terror by night, Nor of the arrow that flies by day, Nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness, Nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday. A thousand may fall at your side, And ten thousand at your right hand; But it shall not come near you. Only with your eyes shall you look, And see the reward of the wicked. Because you have made the Lord, who is my refuge, Even the Most High, your dwelling place, No evil shall befall you, Nor shall any plague come near your dwelling;' Psalms 91:1-10.

LESSON: If this scripture (and others like it) is true (and indeed it is), then why do bad things happen to God's people?
  1. As humans, we have the ability to make our own choices. However, this may sometimes cause us to stray from the safety of God's protection and become vulnerable to attacks from the enemy. In such situations, the best course of action is to acknowledge our mistakes, ask for forgiveness, and return to following God's will.
  2. Some sufferings are meant to help us develop the fruit of the Spirit. "Although He (the Lord Jesus Christ) was a Son, He learned [active, special] obedience through what He suffered." (Hebrews 5.8). "Beloved, do not think it strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened to you; 13 but rejoice to the extent that you partake of Christ’s sufferings, that when His glory is revealed, you may also be glad with exceeding joy." (1Pet 4.12-13). We just need to patiently wait and cooperate with the Holy Spirit during this time.
  3. The suffering that one may experience, especially when it is undeserved, can be seen as a means of building a case against the devil. This is because when judgment is given in your favor by the Just Judge, who is also our Father, a restraining order will be served to Satan and his accomplices. This will prevent them from having any legal grounds to come near your dwelling, as seen in the story of Job. Moreover, the suffering will also be added to the list of indictments that will ultimately lead to the permanent putting away of Satan and his team in Hell! "[It is a fair decision] since it is a righteous thing with God to repay with distress and affliction those who distress and afflict you, And to [[a]recompense] you who are so distressed and afflicted [by granting you] relief and rest along with us [your fellow sufferers] when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with His mighty angels in a flame of fire, To deal out retribution (chastisement and vengeance) upon those who do not know or perceive or become acquainted with God, and [upon those] who ignore and refuse to obey the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ." (2Thess 1.6-9). We just need to patiently wait and cooperate with the Holy Spirit during this time.
Be rest assured that the Lord will not abandon you. He will eventually come through for you. "He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him and honor him. With long life I will satisfy him, And show him My salvation.”' Psalms 91:15-16. Note that His deliverance is not immediate. Before delivering, He will be with you during trouble so that the refining process and divine plan can be completed.

PRAYER: Father, give us the grace to remain faithful through the storms of life

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟258,241.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
If we are to walk with Christ, we are to expect suffering. Our Lord suffered unjustly at the hands of evil men, yet He did it out of love, not to get some legal standing with the Devil and to receive payback from the Father.
We deserve all of the stripes, blows, nails, and contempt that was put upon Christ, yet He died for us. There is suffering in the world because it gives us the chance to imitate God, and to suffer willing out of love for Christ. We imitate that love by the grace of God. That is what we are called to do, and the meaning of all of Chirstianity.
We deny ourselves, take up our cross and follow Jesus. If we don’t, then we have no expectation of an inheritance in the kingdom of God. Satan offers us the path of wealth, vain glory, and pride. It’s an attractive path and looks like you will have a great time, but there is no love for God in it, there is all love for self.
Christ calls us to the path of poverty, contempt and humility. He basically tells us that there is no good here for us by saying “what does it profit a man should he gain the whole world, yet lose his soul?” Suffering is why Paul says, if Christ be not raised, we are all men most miserable. The prosperity gospel crowd would say Paul is crazy. Hey Paul, I believe in Jesus and I got all this money, people love me, and I see my enemies fall. What’s so miserable about that? He would tell you that it is not miserable because you are not following Jesus.
Jesus tells us to love our enemies and do good to those that persecute us, not just keep our mouths shut and wait for God to smite them for us. We take no joy in the misfortunes of our enemies like that kid from The Simpsons cartoon that says Hah, hah! when bad things happen to Bart.
We all have enemies, and if you don’t have love for them, then you need to ask God why? And pray that He sheds His love in your heart so that you can understand. If you are keeping a record of wrongs and trying to get a legal standing with the devil hoping God will avenge you, then you are not following Christ.
This is the Litany of Humility and should be the prayer of all who call themselves Christian

Litany of Humility​

Author: Rafael Cardinal Merry del Val y Zulueta

O Jesus, meek and humble of heart,
Hear me.
From the desire of being esteemed,
Deliver me, O Jesus.
From the desire of being loved,
Deliver me, O Jesus.
From the desire of being extolled,
Deliver me, O Jesus.
From the desire of being honored,
Deliver me, O Jesus.
From the desire of being praised,
Deliver me, O Jesus.
From the desire of being preferred to others,
Deliver me, O Jesus.
From the desire of being consulted,
Deliver me, O Jesus.
From the desire of being approved,
Deliver me, O Jesus.
From the fear of being humiliated,
Deliver me, O Jesus.
From the fear of being despised,
Deliver me, O Jesus.
From the fear of suffering rebukes,
Deliver me, O Jesus.
From the fear of being calumniated,
Deliver me, O Jesus.
From the fear of being forgotten,
Deliver me, O Jesus.
From the fear of being ridiculed,
Deliver me, O Jesus.
From the fear of being wronged,
Deliver me, O Jesus.
From the fear of being suspected,
Deliver me, O Jesus.
That others may be loved more than I,
Jesus, grant me the grace to desire it.
That others may be esteemed more than I,
That, in the opinion of the world, others may increase and I may decrease,
That others may be chosen and I set aside,
That others may be praised and I go unnoticed,
That others may be preferred to me in everything,
That others may become holier than I, provided that I may become as holy as I should,

Charity
Charity is patient, is kind; charity does not envy, is not pretentious, is not puffed up, is not ambitious, is not self-seeking, is not provoked; thinks no evil, does not rejoice over wickedness, but rejoices with the truth, bears with all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. (1 Cor. 13:4-7).
To have Charity is to love God above all things for Himself and be ready to renounce all created things rather than offend Him by serious sin.
( Matt. 22:36-40)

• Winner
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟454,820.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We are told to not be surprised for the fire of trials, and that those trials, help us be stronger and grow.
And that God is not going to test us beyond our strength, the trials are not to brake us or destroy.

Upvote 0

YorkieGal

Glory to God
Sep 6, 2023
USA
✟13,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
  • Love
Reactions: Rescued One
Upvote 0

anetazo

Feb 19, 2023
Meriden
✟27,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Pride is the factor.
Matthew chapter 18. Humility is the key to kingdom of God.

Reprobates and narcissists are in category of Pride.

Reprobates oppose the truth. Have no humility
Fake religion.
Overt and EXVERT.
Habitual sinners.
Mentally of satan.
Self righteous.
Self gratification.

When covid 19 happened 2 years ago. The wicked had no protection. Ths is pestilence.

Psalm chapter 73. The wicked are outside Gods sanctuary. They don't have God's protection and blessings. Get the picture.

Romans chapter 12.
God will vengeance against those who hurt or mess with those in God's sanctuary.

Psalm chapter 9 . The wicked have spot in hell. It's holding place for the spirtualty dead or wicked.

Upvote 0
Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟258,241.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private

"GOD THE BEST PORTION OF THE CHRISTIAN.​

Psa. lxxiii. 25.

Whom have I in heaven but thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire besides thee.

IN this Psalm, the Psalmist (Asaph) relates the great difficulty which existed in his own mind, from the consideration of the wicked. He observes, ver. 2 and 3. “As for me, my feet were almost gone; my steps had well nigh slipt. For I was envious at the foolish, when I saw the prosperity of the wicked.” In the 4th. and following verses, he informs us, what in the wicked was his temptation. In the first place, he observed, that they were prosperous, and all things went well with them. He then observed their behaviour in their prosperity, and the use which they made of it; and that God, notwithstanding such abuse, continued their prosperity. Then he tells us by what means he was helped out of this difficulty, viz. by going into the sanctuary, ver. 16, 17. and proceeds to inform us what considerations they were which helped him, viz.—(1.) The consideration of the miserable end of wicked men. However they prosper for the present, yet they come to a woeful end at last, ver. 18-20.—(2.) The consideration of the blessed end of the saints. Although the saints, while they live, may be afflicted, yet they come to a happy end at last, ver. 21-24.—(3.) The consideration, that the godly have a much better portion than the wicked, even though they have no other portion but God; as in the text and following verse. Though the wicked are in prosperity, and are not in trouble as other men; yet the godly, though in affliction, are in a state infinitely better, because they have God for their portion. They need desire nothing else; he that hath God, hath all. Thus the Psalmist professes the sense and apprehension which he had of things: Whom have I in heaven but thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire besides thee. 89

In the verse immediately preceding 90 , the Psalmist takes notice how the saints are happy in God, both when they are in this world, and also when they are taken to another. "
What you say is true, but what do you do?

Jesus said, unless you eat my flesh and drink my blood, you have no life in you.

At the last supper, He took the bread and said This is my Body, in the same way He took the cup and said this is the covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you.

Given that Jesus is the same yesterday today and forever, and that for 1500 years of Christianity, it was taught that the Eucharist is the flesh and blood of Jesus, do you take time to adore Him in the Blessed Sacrament and consider all that He has done for you, or do you side with Zwingli, who did not preach until the 1500s that it is all symbolic?

If so, why, and if not, why not?

Upvote 0

Curiousmind

Nov 17, 2023
Suriname
✟11,783.00
Country
Suriname
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
why bad things happpen to God people, why does God allow evil and suffering. There are many answers, God thoughts not our thoughts, free will etc. The answers might not be satisfying, but like someone said, we must learn to live with unanswered questions, in heaven we might get more answers or not. In all,good times, bad times, confusing times, we must learn to obey and love God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟258,241.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
why bad things happpen to God people, why does God allow evil and suffering. There are many answers, God thoughts not our thoughts, free will etc. The answers might not be satisfying, but like someone said, we must learn to live with unanswered questions, in heaven we might get more answers or not. In all,good times, bad times, confusing times, we must learn to obey and love God.

We gain understanding by contemplating Our Lord’s passion and death. He has told us that a servant is not greater than his master. What they did to Him, we expect for us.

We remember that every drop of spittle directed at Our Lord, every word of mockery, every slap in the face, every drop of blood spilled in the crowning with thorns, every crack of the whip, the burden of the cross, the pounding of the nails, the hours of agony waiting for death, was UNDESERVED. Our Lord suffered injustice willingly out of love.

Who are we to demand an easy life when we claim to follow Him? Do we really understand His call? Or do we insult Him by treating him like the scrubbing bubbles commercial, Jesus suffered first so we don’t have toooooooooooooo….

Our Lord commands us to love our enemies, do not return evil for evil. Bless and do not curse. Suffering with patience gives us a chance to imitate Christ and show Him that we love Him.

We do not cry out against injustice toward ourselves because we know we are dust and deserving of the hottest fires of hell.

But, Christ loves us and gave Himself for us. It is by faith that we endure suffering with patience. If we have no faith we demand comfort. That is not the way of the cross. Our Lord says broad is the way, easy is the path that leads to destruction. Straight is the way, narrow is the gate that leads to life and few there be that find it.

Don’t want to suffer? Good luck finding the path to life. Our comfort is not for this world, rather the world to come

Out Lord told us to count the cost when we decide to follow Him. Are you willing to sacrifice all for Him? Or do you demand to keep your creature comforts?

Upvote 0

jsimms615

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2006
✟143,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Because we are part of a fallen world where there is sin and death. The Bible does not promise that believers won't suffer. It promises that God will be with them in their suffering.

Upvote 0