Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Are kids going there and have access even if it's not mine? Then yes I am going to defund it.

Secondly strip joints are nothing but a degradation of women. Turning women from valuable human beings into nothing but sex objects for men to lust at and been seen as nothing but pieces of sex meat.

How degrading.
So if a “public good” doesn’t benefit you personally (or you view as detrimental) you’d be in favor of that “good” (concrete thing or service) being taken away?
(Just trying to get to the underlying principle).

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟653,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
So if a “public good” doesn’t benefit you personally (or you view as detrimental) you’d be in favor of that “good” (concrete thing or service) being taken away?

Nothing "good" about a strip club.

• Winner
Reactions: BPPLEE
Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,066.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Are kids going there and have access even if it's not mine? Then yes I am going to defund it.

Secondly strip joints are nothing but a degradation of women. Turning women from valuable human beings into nothing but sex objects for men to lust at and been seen as nothing but pieces of sex meat.

How degrading.

I think that you have that the wrong way around.

Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
  • Optimistic
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,468.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Reactions: Aldebaran
Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Because if depicts a girl who is not Native American in a Native American costume. I think it's called cultural appropriation but you'll have to check with a liberal to be sure
So it's not smut...Can you explain why you are defending the lie that it is?

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,543.00
Faith
Pentecostal

You mean like something that degrades women?

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟653,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The employees might differ?

You mean those who benefit financially? Better keep the drug kingpins in business then. They no doubt see good in all the money they rake in.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,272.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
You mean those who benefit financially? Better keep the drug kingpins in business then. They no doubt see good in all the money they rake in.
Is a strip joint a “legal” business?

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Sounds like we are on the same page. Where we differ is what quality literature looks like. And these books aren't it.
That's fair enough then. If its simply a choice that its bad writing, then it doesn't deserve to be placed on a bookshelf. I just hope the decision isn't based on the sexuality of the author.

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
You're saying that if someone wrote "The Pedophiles Guide to Pedophilia...a DIY book for first timers...

You would see no issues with having that in your local library? How about "Homemade Bomb Making for Idiots"? No issues there?

In your country and mine, those who publish methods that are intended to incite the breach of statutes, are themselves committing a felony. I don't support literature that breaks the law and no publishing house would even publish illegal literature. What's more the literature in question did not break those laws so - the question you pose is rather meaningless .

To be clear, the literature in question broke no laws and the examples you chose would. I am surprised you know so little about the laws in your country.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Bradskii
Upvote 0