Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Well at least they will be voting for Trump
that's one good thing.
M
No, that's a bad thing, but at least now you know people think of Trump as their king or god so in the future you won't make a silly claim that nobody thinks of him as such.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No, that's a bad thing, but at least now you know people think of Trump as their king or god so in the future you won't make a silly claim that nobody thinks of him as such.

Well -- nobody I or we on the mountain know.
Where do you find these people?
Hopefully not close to home?
M-Bob

Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Well -- nobody I or we on the mountain know.
Well, for one thing, "the mountain" is a tiny, tiny population of people and animals. For another, you may have biases that prevent you from seeing it in the people around you (or even in yourself).

Seems your whole perspective is based solely on "the mountain" and your own subjective feelings about things. I suggest you broaden your horizons, get out and see more of the world, be open to understanding the many other people out there (even if you don't agree with them), and listen more to God's Word and less to men (especially when The Word talks about loving and serving others and loving your enemies).

Where do you find these people?
Hopefully not close to home?
M-Bob
Everywhere. Close to home, here in CF - everywhere. If you open your eyes and mind to it you'll see it too.

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Mexico blocks 2,500 migrants from crossing at Guatemala entry point, authorities say

Mexican officials on Saturday closed a section of their border with Guatemala following a push by thousands of migrants to make their way across a bridge over the Suchiate River between the two countries.

About 2,500 migrants of all ages were held up and prevented from crossing or entering the bridge at Mexico's southern border by Mexican National Guardsmen, Guatemalan authorities estimated, according to The Associated Press.

Mexican authorities reportedly allowed several dozen migrants to enter into Mexico in groups of 20 but warned them against trying to slip away to avoid immigration processing.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Probably be helpful since our US immigration system is on overload?
M-Bob

o·ver·load
verb
  1. load with too great a burden or cargo.
    "both boats were overloaded and low in the water"
This is so racist! Those Guatemalans are fleeing the civil war in Syria and just want to support their families jobs Americans won't do freedom of religion Great Melting Pot or something, idk.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
jobs Americans won't do

freedom of religion Great Melting Pot or something, idk.

All of the important jobs are getting done here and if we need more help we can issue more green cards thousands waiting to receive and come up to work.
M-Bob

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Probably be helpful since our US immigration system is on overload?
As Kennedy would say: Ask not what American can do for you but ask what YOU can do for America. If people want to come to America they need to have something to offer so that American is a better place because they are here. We have visas for gifted and talented people that have something to offer. For example. In some situations they can join our military and earn themselves a citizenship by serving in our military. This is fine if people want to take advantage of the opportunities that we have to offer. People need to have something to contribute if they want to be a part of what is going on here in America. Why insult people that are willing to work hard in life by giving way a free lunch to people that are not willing to work hard to contribute to making this a better world to live in. This life is a testing ground for who is going to get into Heaven. Jesus taught us to pray Thy will be done, Thy Kingdom come. On Earth as it is in Heaven. If we pass our test here on Earth, then we will be qualified to go onto our reward in Heaven. IF people are qualified then they can come to America. We admit people into this country all the time and I personally have sponsored people. Even we do what we can to help foreign people that are here in our country because God expects us to help them. But that does not mean we hinder them by allowing them to be dysfunctional and not contribute anything. We have to many people like that here already. No one seems to want to do anything to help them so why should we let more like that in here unless someone wants to sponsor them.

Upvote 0

Paulus59

Nov 8, 2016
Australia
✟96,301.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Mexico blocks 2,500 migrants from crossing at Guatemala entry point, authorities say

Mexican officials on Saturday closed a section of their border with Guatemala following a push by thousands of migrants to make their way across a bridge over the Suchiate River between the two countries.

About 2,500 migrants of all ages were held up and prevented from crossing or entering the bridge at Mexico's southern border by Mexican National Guardsmen, Guatemalan authorities estimated, according to The Associated Press.

This is extremely tragic that so many people are struggling to survive and look for a better life because life has become so unbearable where they come from. Only God can help them at the end of the day as his love can sustain them spiritually and provide for their needs. May they all find salvation through Jesus Christ!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.

"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Last edited:
Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.

"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"[
Tfw a trite poem informs your country’s immigration policies...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

thecolorsblend

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Trite? It is one of the most famous poems in American history.
It’s trite nonsense that has been given an undue level of importance because it implicitly supports progressive immigration policy. Bully for the progressives but it remains trite nonsense.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It’s trite nonsense that has been given an undue level of importance because it implicitly supports progressive immigration policy. Bully for the progressives but it remains trite nonsense.

You are entitled to your own opinion. I just happen to think that you are wrong.

Just out of curiosity, how many poems have you written that appear on a US National Monument?

Upvote 0