United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
#MeToo Liars Were Smearing Men Like Judge Kavanaugh 3,000 Years Ago

By Rev. Dr. Jules Gomes, B.A., B.D., M.Th., Ph.D.

"Three words — it's all a woman needs to destroy a man. It's her nuclear weapon in the power struggle of the sexes. She utters three words and unleashes a megaton of moral radiation. Her primary target — the reputation of the man at ground zero — is obliterated. Her secondary target — his job, his family, his friends and his future are vaporized. The woman has created a radius of lethality detonated by just three words.

Bizarrely, you can compare this to God creating the world in the book of Genesis. Unlike the other gods of the ancient Near East who create by large-scale acts of violence and bloodshed, the God of the Bible creates by His Word. God creates ex nihilo — out of nothing. The woman does the reverse — she creates or destroys, not by violence or bloodshed, but by her word. He de-creation of the man and his world can be ex nihilo — out of nothing.

Three words: He raped me. He groped me. He assaulted me. The three words — the nuclear trident — spoken by the woman results in chaos..."

2PhiloVoid

Other scholars got to me before you did!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,133,801.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

"Three words — it's all a woman needs to destroy a man. It's her nuclear weapon in the power struggle of the sexes. She utters three words and unleashes a megaton of moral radiation. Her primary target — the reputation of the man at ground zero — is obliterated. Her secondary target — his job, his family, his friends and his future are vaporized. The woman has created a radius of lethality detonated by just three words.

Bizarrely, you can compare this to God creating the world in the book of Genesis. Unlike the other gods of the ancient Near East who create by large-scale acts of violence and bloodshed, the God of the Bible creates by His Word. God creates ex nihilo — out of nothing. The woman does the reverse — she creates or destroys, not by violence or bloodshed, but by her word. He de-creation of the man and his world can be ex nihilo — out of nothing.

Three words: He raped me. He groped me. He assaulted me. The three words — the nuclear trident — spoken by the woman results in chaos..."

...wow.

If this is true, I guess I've done myself a little favor by only being sexually involved with, and marrying, one woman in my life. [...with all of this stuff happening, I feel like I just dodged a bullet ;).]

Upvote 0

Newtheran

Sep 10, 2018
South
✟34,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
  • Agree
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
...wow.

If this is true, I guess I've done myself a little favor by only being sexually involved with and marrying one woman in my life. [...with all of this stuff happening, I feel like I just dodged a bullet ;).]

Joseph was smeared in this manner precisely because he wouldn't get sexually involved with a married woman.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,133,801.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Joseph was smeared in this manner precisely because he wouldn't get sexually involved with a married woman.

This is true. But, let's not conflate the unfortunate situation of innocent Joseph with that of some of the men who are being bull's-eyed by women in the #MeToo campaign.

I think it's safe to say that there are some men in that number who have overstepped the boundaries of moral propriety---some way, way over---and there can be consequences for those oversteps, as there should be, biblically speaking.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: FireDragon76
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,966.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
...wow.

If this is true, I guess I've done myself a little favor by only being sexually involved with, and marrying, one woman in my life. [...with all of this stuff happening, I feel like I just dodged a bullet ;).]
It's only your word against the word of an accuser or three. And how do you prove that you didn't? If you can't prove your innocence your say so is worthless.

• Agree
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,159,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

This was the argument used against victims for quite a while in Chile right? That they were doing calumny. But now some bishops are gone, resignations accepted.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,133,801.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's only your word against the word of an accuser or three. And how do you prove that you didn't? If you can't prove your innocence your say so is worthless.

...I actually see the contours of the #MeToo movement as an unforeseen permutation in our society that has probably come about as a form of comeuppance for men who've been dilly-dallying around for too long with a Hefnerian kind of double-sexual standard and a misdirected sense of privilege over women.

Sure, some otherwise innocent men may be getting caught in the cross-hairs of angry (maybe victimized?) women, but it's kind of a social Yin-Yang thing going on here because........well......women aren't REALLY powerless, or at least not any more than what we men have wanted to believe they are. :cool: And sometimes, even on a societal level, we eventually do reap what we sow.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,966.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
...I actually see the contours of the #MeToo movement as an unforeseen permutation in our society that has probably come about as a form of comeuppance for men who've been dilly-dallying around for too long with a Hefnerian kind of double-sexual standard and a misdirected sense of privilege over women.

Sure, some otherwise innocent men may be getting caught in the cross-hairs of angry (maybe victimized?) women, but it's kind of a social Yin-Yang thing going on here because........well......women aren't REALLY powerless, or at least not any more than what we men have wanted to believe they are. :cool: And sometimes, even on a societal level, we eventually do reap what we sow.
All I know is that if someone wants to take you down, it's easy now. Some need to be taken down. Some are innocent and will be taken down nonetheless.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,159,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The total portion of all U.S. women that have been sexually assaulted may be higher than we've realized -- 14.8% raped.

That's millions.... Tens of millions.

Scope of the Problem: Statistics | RAINN

Upvote 0

Robin Mauro

Sep 11, 2018
North San Juan
✟27,401.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

That is absurd. It is the woman who is destroyed, first by being assaulted and then by coming forward.
Clarence Thomas is a supreme court judge....hardly call it ruined by anyone's estimation.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,133,801.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
All I know is that if someone wants to take you down, it's easy now. Some need to be taken down. Some are innocent and will be taken down nonetheless.

To tell you the truth, I haven't kept up much on this #MeToo stuff, except for the Weinstein and Hybels 'thangs' going on lately.

So, anyone have an example of ---- in these things?:

:cool:

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,159,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Karadima was found guilty in a Vatican investigation in 2011 of abusing boys in Santiago in the 1970s and 1980s. Now 87 and living in a nursing home in Chile, he has always denied any wrongdoing.

Pope accepts two more resignations of Chile bishops over sex abuse | Reuters

Memory shifts to make humans feel less guilty:
They Say Sexual Assault, Kavanaugh Says It Never Happened: Sifting Truth From Memory

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,159,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It worries me, raising a son. How can I protect him from false accusations because a woman holds a grudge about something?
Read the proverbs, and you get a good answer to that, or several.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,966.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Doesn't apply to all of us, but the comeuppance will be applied anyhow.
Tired of the fact that every yin has it's yang. Wishing for a sane equilibrium doesn't mean it will ever happen.

• Agree
Reactions: 2PhiloVoid
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Men accusing men and men accusing women are different how?

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟821,156.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

It works both ways. Men and women have been doing this for thousands of years, but the article is shameful from a Christian standpoint. The author, Rev. Dr. Jules Gomes, assumes that the accuser, Christine Blasey Ford, is falsely stating the allegation against Kavanaugh when he has no proof. He also calls her a femme fatale, which is outrageous for someone who considers himself a man of God to call a teenage girl, as she was when the incident was alleged to have occurred.

His article is unworthy of Christianity.

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
The author, Rev. Dr. Jules Gomes, assumes that the accuser, Christine Blasey Ford, is falsely stating the allegation against Kavanaugh when he has no proof.

It is entirely within his rights to assume that if he chooses. The burden of proof is not on him...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.