Messianic Prophecy Bible Project...is it legit?

Belongs to God

May 24, 2020
Green Bay
✟7,801.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
I took the time to write a question giving references to the pages on Messianic Prophecy Bible's website and sent it in under the questions link provided. I received an email back within an hour with a response that clearly indicated that the responder had not even read my email, and did not know what my question had been. It seemed to be a computerized, robo-style response. I suppose that now I will begin getting the barrage of spam emails from them you all are describing. I am disappointed, because the Bible study pages that they post could be so helpful if they had accurate Biblical information available for the public, and were actually capable of answering people's inquiries. However, ending up doing a search for answers about who they actually are I did find this forum.

About ten years ago, while searching for a church, I attended a large Calvary Chapel for about a half year. They had a fellow, a visiting guest from Israel, who was not a Christian and he was totally upfront about that. When he came they would turn the entire service over to him, and it was very political, promoting Zionism. He encouraged people to do things that were not Christian, such as marrying Jewish people who were not Christians, and endorsed doctrines that were in opposition to the New Testament. I bought one of his books to give to my attorney who was Jewish, and after reading it my attorney told me that I should not have wasted my money on that sort of thing, and that the book was just promoting Zionism. I did not understand, so he had to explain it to me. As it turns out, some of this was an effort funded by the Israeli government to improve the bad image their nation has in regards to the Palestinians, many of whom are genuine Christians. These Israeli Zionists were sent to infiltrate the American Christian Evangelical churches in order to influence their politics and get funding from their congregations for Israel. Unfortunately, I suppose this is to be expected if we are in the Last Days - but it is disappointingly secular and not a genuine Christian effort at all. I really doubt that their Bible will ever actually be published, but many Christians are duped into donating to them because we all have fairly innocent hearts and are hoping this effort at evangelizing is real.

Upvote 0

Adrian M

Dec 20, 2022
Auckland
✟15,711.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Definitely a scam in my view!! The Messianic Bible Prophecy program has been going for years and years, I think about ten years, maybe more. And yet their promise to deliver a free copy of the upcoming Messianic Bible was not fulfilled.... I never got one. The project continued to drag on, and there continued promises that the Bible was near completion. First it was twelve months to completion, then 24 months, and so on.

After about five years the project focus seemed to shift from the production of the Messianic Bible, to evangelism in Israel. And yet their website free.messianicbible.com, offering a free Bible, is still active today saying "You will receive the Bible when it is completed ".

Once subscribed, they send you repeated requests for money to complete the project, giving a few details of progress that make it sound more convincing, while the project just drags on and on.

Beginning to get tired of waiting for my free Bible, I decided to make a sizeable donation which would have bought at least a half a dozen paperback Bibles, to what seemed, at the time, like a worthwhile project. If I recall, a tax receipt was returned, but I definitely never got any Bible.

After that time, I basically only got news about their evangelistic efforts, and not really anything about their Bible.

It would have been difficult for me to make this post even a few years ago, as it is reminder of how I allowed myself to be exploited by this so-called charity.

They are still offering free Bibles.....and still no-doubt asking for money......It could be that some of the work that they do is on the face genuine, but their project is mostly fraud in my view.

Don't give money to this scam!!

• Informative
Reactions: HARK!
Upvote 0