Messianic Prophecy Bible Project...is it legit?

Maiseyjo

Jan 27, 2007
✟7,657.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone. I have been receiving mailings from this organization. I have never seen a time line for when they think they will be done with the project. I would like to give to this if it is a legit cause. Anyone know anything about them or how I can find out more? Thanks! http://www.messianicbible.com/

C

ContentInHim

I don't know anything about the Bible itself, but Michael Brown is an author of several books about the tragic relationship of the church and Jews. He's really good, I think. I just missed him in a lecture a few months ago.

As for the Bible, I just glanced at the website. At first look, all I could think of was - oh no - not another translation. I'll try to check it out more. :wave:

Upvote 0

Maiseyjo

Jan 27, 2007
✟7,657.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
As for the Bible, I just glanced at the website. At first look, all I could think of was - oh no - not another translation. I'll try to check it out more. :wave:

Thanks! I appreciate you checking it out. The website looks really good but I've been getting the email updates for so long and they never say how close they are getting. I guess I'd just appreciate knowing my money would be going for what I send it for.

Upvote 0

Maureen1

May 1, 2013
✟15,111.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
they are currently in the process of producing the "free " Torah that will be given away to every israeli . This Torah will highlight all of the prophecies that show Yeshua (Jesus) Is the Messiah . So the Jewish person who gets this Torah will be able to read it without any rabbitial interference. This ministry needs a whole lot of support from anyone who loves Israel and her people ..you can make a one time gift , sponsor a chapter in the Torah and a variety of ways to support them . They are under considerable attack by local Rabbis ( who say Yeshua is not the messiah )

So your constant prayers for the veil on the Jewish eyes to be lifted,so they all will see Yeshua (Jesus) is the only one who could fulfil all of the Messianic prophecies of the Torah

The ministry needs constant prayer that the adversary will never succeed in his efforts to stop this ministry from succeeding in their journey to show Israel Yeshua Is Messiah ! Shalom Maureen

Upvote 0

Marty65

Jun 28, 2013
✟7,721.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
So this is a money gathering scheme?
I have never seen any list of groups or individuals associated with the
scholarly research needed to produce such as this. Nor have I seen any examples
Of the type of scriptural references to support the statements made by this site.
This does not in it's self disapprove Messianic Prophecies it just does not hold well
For the claim of such a marked or highlighted Bible or project.
As for my belief Christ Jesus is the "Yeshua HaMashiach" and the bible is brimming
with proof of this.

Praise Yeshua HaMashiach
I am Martin Smith

Last edited:
Upvote 0
D

dnc101

they are currently in the process of producing the "free " Torah that will be given away to every israeli ...
Maureen, if you don't mind me asking, where did you come by this information?

I used to give to them, but the project seems to have stalled and they haven't answered any queries that I know of concerning a projected publication date. It is understandable that they might not answer inquiries from people like me, but I know of one Messianic Jewish Rabbi 1st hand who they've not answered either. So I hated to do it, but I stopped giving and channeled that money to Jewish missions elsewhere.

Dan C

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Avodat

Contending for Biblical truth
Jul 2, 2011
✟21,427.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
This sounds remarkably like the rip-off 15 years ago under a phoney scholar 'Dr' James Trimm. He ran an identical 'offer' where people were asked to donate money in exchange for a free Hebrew Roots Bible when the project was complete. Many sent money and received nothing.

It is interesting, too, that it is now under new management according to its web-site and operates under more than one name. The main domain name has been around since 2001 and is registered in Canada.

Buyer beware is my view.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
I don't know anything about the Bible itself, but Michael Brown is an author of several books about the tragic relationship of the church and Jews. He's really good, I think. I just missed him in a lecture a few months ago.

On the subject of holy laughter... Michael Brown is the author of ..
From Holy Laughter to Holy Fire: Michael L. Brown: 9781560431817: Amazon.com: Books

and its movement which sim_chat torah got caught up in... and lost his faith in Yeshua after that.

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SeekFind

Apr 26, 2017
Stony Creek
✟15,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Here it is 10 years later and this scam is still going on. I started receiving these e-mails and looked at the site just last week - 2017. Very appealing - "We need money to produce a Messianic Bible to reach the Jewish people with the Gospel." So I did an internet search and found this post from 2007. So, after 10 years, still no Bible, still taking money from good hearted people. Still lying in the name of God for the sake of greed. Surely there has to be a way to shut this down.

Upvote 0

Donald Rogan

Nov 12, 2017
Kimball
✟15,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Hi everyone. I have been receiving mailings from this organization. I have never seen a time line for when they think they will be done with the project. I would like to give to this if it is a legit cause. Anyone know anything about them or how I can find out more? Thanks! Messianic Bible | Reaching Israel and the Nations for Yeshua

This bible project is expected to be completed next year. I’ve known about it since it’s infancy, when Dr. Brown was talking about it maybe 10 years ago, give or take a few years. You can reserve your own free copy on the website so that when it’s completed, you get one. I’m expecting it to be a great witnessing tool.

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟775,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yeah, I signed up for the info emails and started to get daily emails about Messianic Judaism (which were OK, but not really insightful) and requests for donations. I ended up unsubscribing from them because it got annoying and seemed like a scam.

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟775,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Also, with resources like the Complete Jewish Bible and First Fruits of Zion books it seems kind of redundant to me.

• Winner
Reactions: Rachel Rachel
Upvote 0