Messianic Prophecy Bible Project...is it legit?

Heber Book List

Theologian [Applied Theology]
Jul 1, 2015
Whippingham, Isle of Wight, England
✟132,416.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Also, with resources like the Complete Jewish Bible and First Fruits of Zion books it seems kind of redundant to me.

I struggle to see what a 'Messianic' Bible actually is!!

Reactions: tampasteve
Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟767,634.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This bible project is expected to be completed next year. I’ve known about it since it’s infancy, when Dr. Brown was talking about it maybe 10 years ago, give or take a few years.
I tried listening to some of his podcasts....I could not get through 10 minutes of them. Too many advertisements and plugs for his products, and I found him just un-listenable compared to other sources.
You can reserve your own free copy on the website so that when it’s completed, you get one.
If it is completed...in the meantime they can spam you with advertising and requests for donations.
I’m expecting it to be a great witnessing tool.
Why wait for this project when there are already great tools from First Fruits of Zion, Complete Jewish Bible, and Tree of Life? I just fail to see the reason in this project any longer.

Upvote 0

azzy

Veteran
Supporter
Jul 17, 2005
Rock Hill SC
✟26,557.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
When Will The Bible Be Completed
One modern translation called the New International Version, took 11 years to complete. And other Bibles took decades to complete.

Unlike creating a conventional translation, we are creating technology which will allow this Bible to be translated into hundreds of languages.

We estimate completion of the first book of the Bible, Genesis in late Summer or early Fall. Every other book will be released on a monthly basis. Therefore you will also see the progress of the Bible being completed.

Each book of the Bible can only be worked on, one at a time, and therefore we do not have dates as to when each specific Book of the Bible will be completed. We have thousands of pages of research to edit/modify, and our research continues.

We are not producing just a Book. We are producing a Bible, the Word of God, and therefore, not one Hebrew letter, can be out of place.

Our Hebrew version of the Bible will be accurate because we are using the most ancient Hebrew Masoretic Texts from approximately 1000 years ago (the Aleppo Codex), and the oldest Rabbinic Bible, along with the Dead Sea Scrolls Bible texts which are roughly 2200 years old.

In total, we are using the 5 most ancient Hebrew texts of the Bible, and showing the differences.

This is a monumental task, and no one has ever done this work before.

Our Bible will show and explain all the variations of the most ancient Hebrew texts, so that one can fully understand and compare the original meanings of the Messianic prophecies.

Our Free online Bible software, will also teach you Hebrew (from the most ancient texts), along with Greek from the Septuagint, which is a Jewish translation from approximately 2300 years ago.

The translation of a Hebrew word can be very problematic, especially when using commas in the English language that do not exist in Hebrew.

Here is an example of one of the discrepancies with English language versions of the Bible concerning a Messianic Prophecy such as: Isaiah 9:6

For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

In the original Hebrew there are no commas which alter the meaning of the sentence.

If there are any mistakes within our Bible, it will be discredited within a moment!

As you may know, the anti-missionary Orthodox Jews have arguments to disprove every “messianic prophecy’ on technicalities and therefore, this Bible must be 100% accurate.

About a decade ago, Thomas Nelson Bible Publishers spelled a word wrong, and they had to throw out tens of thousands of Bibles that were printed. There were also mistakes in a Jewish New Testament.

Along with making sure that everything is 100% accurate, one must understand that along with all our explanations and commentaries, the layout, translation, etc.…. is a huge undertaking. To create the Messianic Prophecy Bible, is not as simple as, just ‘adding’ notes.

We will need to spend about six months to one year in a beta version as our Bible is vetted out by hundreds of rabbis and Orthodox Jews, who will make comments on our manuscripts before we release it to the public. This again is not such a simple task, as it will take thousands of man-hours to accomplish this.

We will NEVER sell this Bible. It will always be available for FREE to Jewish people.

We have a lot of material to cover and there are thousands of revisions in the editing process FOR EACH LANGUAGE. Translating our English notes in Hebrew or vice versa is a monumental task.

This Bible will be scrutinized by every Jewish person and Rabbi, who reads it and therefore accuracy is of the upmost importance.

The degree of responsibility for this undertaking is to have a sense of ‘fear of God’ when dealing with the Word of God. It is a Holy project and a project that again must be, and will be 100% accurate.

We can assure you that every dollar you give is going to produce a large harvest for the Kingdom of Heaven.

Upvote 0

Heber Book List

Jul 1, 2015
✟132,416.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
No one knows who the Editorial Board members might be - that will decide what the end product will be like. If they have nothing to hide it needs to be shown, we want to find out what their academic abilities are, and where they studied, and something of their research background.

That omission alone, should get a few bells ringing in wallets and bank accounts!

By the way, I assume you realise it is only for Jews, according to the unattributed copy you have pasted: We will NEVER sell this Bible. It will always be available for FREE to Jewish people.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Heber Book List

Jul 1, 2015
✟132,416.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
This was on their website. https://free.messianicbible.com/

I also found them on Linked https://www.linkedin.com/in/biblesforisrael posting for jobs. Thanks for your input.

This what I mean - there are names for different departments but who is the Editorial Team that will do the final translation, and decide whose translation is 'right'. Yes, there are a number of scholars and Rabbis, who will discuss the translations, but who makes the final decision.

They have already broken their word on the excerpt you produced above 'we will NEVER sell it'. On their website it says you can buy a copy. So, the question is, will they give a free copy to ANYONE who signs up and donates (in which case it is not 'free'), and is it really free for Jewish people - how will they know who is a true Jew?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟767,634.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, does anyone know Aliza Nesher, or Jason Lawrence, I have supported this Ministry for a long time, I didnt know it was going on so long.

I am not familiar with them....but this project has just been going on way to long without enough concrete information on the project. The amount of emails one gets from them asking for donations once one signs up is egregious. Also the fact that their phones are reserved for donations only is a red flag:
"Our phone line is Reserved ONLY for Financial Donors or those who wish to give their first donation"

Upvote 0

azzy

Veteran
Supporter
Jul 17, 2005
Rock Hill SC
✟26,557.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Ok thanks for all this . I looked on youtube about different bibles and was shocked to see Christ and the blood removed from some passages from the NKJB . I have a large print kJ bible God gave me when I asked him for one. I needed to know at that time if God really wanted me to start reading a bible or if it mattered to him at all . So one day I was cleaning out a room downstairs where I kept a lot of other books, and there it was, I dont remember having it, but maybe I did and I forgot, I dont know. Anyways it seems to have all I need within its pages like someone said here. I try to read it every day. But on weekends my wife keeps me so busy I dont seem to have time. I went to goodwill with my wife and got a cart, and in it was a book, Spurgeon on the Holy Spirit, it was in the cart so I bought it.
It is eye opening and a cultural shock the way he preached back then, not like todays preachers. I learned the Holy Spirit is a person of the Trinity, not just a force, or power, or inspiration, but a person of the Godhead. And that only the Holy Spirit can make the changes in your life that God desires . Thanks for all the input.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Heber Book List

Jul 1, 2015
✟132,416.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Ok thanks for all this . I looked on youtube about different bibles and was shocked to see Christ and the blood removed from some passages from the NKJB . I have a large print kJ bible God gave me when I asked him for one. I needed to know at that time if God really wanted me to start reading a bible or if it mattered to him at all . So one day I was cleaning out a room downstairs where I kept a lot of other books, and there it was, I dont remember having it, but maybe I did and I forgot, I dont know. Anyways it seems to have all I need within its pages like someone said here. I try to read it every day. But on weekends my wife keeps me so busy I dont seem to have time. I went to goodwill with my wife and got a cart, and in it was a book, Spurgeon on the Holy Spirit, it was in the cart so I bought it.
It is eye opening and a cultural shock the way he preached back then, not like todays preachers. I learned the Holy Spirit is a person of the Trinity, not just a force, or power, or inspiration, but a person of the Godhead. And that only the Holy Spirit can make the changes in your life that God desires . Thanks for all the input.

That's ok. You know you can get some Bibles free online? Go to e-sword.com and they ask you to download a little bit of software (just to make sure you will be able to read their books), and then you can choose which Bible you want, for free! 1000's of Christians use the site. They also have some other books, as well. It's all free.

• Agree
Reactions: chunkofcoal
Upvote 0

azzy

Veteran
Supporter
Jul 17, 2005
Rock Hill SC
✟26,557.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I asked someone from Messianic bible project to reply to this thread but I didn't hear back from them. I thought maybe they could be able to reply to the questions asked here , but I guess not. I tried to get a Hallelujah bible but I couldn't contact their site, no place to contact, only to donate. I looked on Amazon for messianic bibles and book one was 3214.79 dollars from Alan Horvath,, really ? I dont want an online book I want one to hold in my hand, it seems more personal, like a scroll is, I was going to get the leather bible extra large print from Hallelujah scriptures site but not if I cant contact them first. Im disgusted with the whole thing right about now anyway. oh well.

Upvote 0

Heber Book List

Jul 1, 2015
✟132,416.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Heber Book List

Jul 1, 2015
✟132,416.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I've checked this out on the internet and there are comments about the Bible - some of which raise questions about the whole project. I can't say more than that for legal reasons, but before you obtain a copy you should search the internet.

Upvote 0

Adrian.Q

Jan 16, 2020
Auckland
✟7,801.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
First became aware of the project about five or six years ago. They said the project would be finished in eighteen months. Ok, so I made a donation later, thinking they needed a bit encouragement, surely they would respond and send me a free Bible like they promised at the start. No response except emails asking for more money . In fact, only high level donations go toward the project, smaller donations go to evangelism only apparently. Very disappointed in the lack of updates on progress.
I got suspicious a long time ago, and have given up waiting, especially now that I know what the messianic church is all about: Hal Lindsey theology and so on.

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟767,634.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
First became aware of the project about five or six years ago. They said the project would be finished in eighteen months. Ok, so I made a donation later, thinking they needed a bit encouragement, surely they would respond and send me a free Bible like they promised at the start. No response except emails asking for more money . In fact, only high level donations go toward the project, smaller donations go to evangelism only apparently. Very disappointed in the lack of updates on progress.
I got suspicious a long time ago, and have given up waiting, especially now that I know what the messianic church is all about: Hal Lindsey theology and so on.

This is certainly a sketchy project, as can be seen by this thread. However, it is not really correct to say that "I know what the messianic church is all about: Hal Lindsey theology and so on." In reality Messianic Judaism is really fractured and has MANY views on how it shoudl be practiced. The "theology" ranges from Roman Catholic to Arian to Adoptionist. This is both a weakness and a strength. It allows many people to participate as they see fit, but it also keeps the movement from a central leadership to move it forward.

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟767,634.00
Country