Western Canada
✟33,272.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jerusalem History: The First and Second Temples | Moon Travel ...

outer western wall

Both temples were destroyed, and the main remnant is the outer western wall of the Second Temple courtyard,

Temple courtyard ... not the temple itself .... and no Jesus does not lie.
Exactly. If this was part of the temple, then stones are still on stones. Jesus said it all would be destroyed. It can not be the temple.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Exactly. If this was part of the temple, then stones are still on stones. Jesus said it all would be destroyed. It can not be the temple.
The courtyard is NOT the temple ..... the retaining walls around the area is NOT the temple.

The temple building was located inside the courtyard and it was destroyed.

Upvote 0

EclipseEventSigns

Jun 17, 2022
Western Canada
✟33,272.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The courtyard is NOT the temple ..... the retaining walls around the area is NOT the temple.

The temple building was located inside the courtyard and it was destroyed.
You do not have an accurate understanding of the architecture of the temple. What you claim is complete nonsense and untrue.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You do not have an accurate understanding of the architecture of the temple. What you claim is complete nonsense and untrue.
Think what you want ... so shall I .... Jesus is not a liar.

Upvote 0

EclipseEventSigns

Jun 17, 2022
Western Canada
✟33,272.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Think what you want ... so shall I .... Jesus is not a liar.
Of course not. That's the entire point. You are the liar if you don't accept the words of Jesus and still think there is part of the temple still around.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Of course not. That's the entire point. You are the liar if you don't accept the words of Jesus and still think there is part of the temple still around.
I didn't say that ... my understanding was that you were claiming Jesus was a liar because of the retaining wall was still standing.

Your OP statement

Messiah Jesus is Made To Be a Liar According to the Wailing Wall​

Upvote 0

EclipseEventSigns

Jun 17, 2022
Western Canada
✟33,272.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I didn't say that ... my understanding was that you were claiming Jesus was a liar because of the retaining wall was still standing.

Your OP statement

Messiah Jesus is Made To Be a Liar According to the Wailing Wall​

It shows who reads to find out more and who just wants to pot shot without knowing anything about the subject.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It shows who reads to find out more and who just wants to pot shot without knowing anything about the subject.
You should have put a question mark in your thread title. Making the statement a question, rather than a declaration.

Actually what you should have done as a title was ask the question - "Is the wailing wall part of the temple ?"

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not at all. If Jesus didn't mean what He said and there still is a portion of the temple wall existing, then He was lying. Just the facts.
The WW wasn't part of the Temple.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Oh, the Jews would strongly disagree with you. LOL.
Really? I do so love it when Gentiles hold forth on what the Jews believe. I prefer to go to the source, in this case, Chabad.org

Basic History of the Kotel

The wall we call today the Western Wall, while not a part of the Holy Temple itself, was part of the Temple Mount retaining wall that Herod the Great built in the 1st century BCE when he ambitiously expanded the Temple Mount and renovated the then-dilapidated Second Temple.

When the Romans destroyed the Temple in 69 CE, this wall was not destroyed. And nearly two thousand years later, the wall still stands.

BTW - LOL.

Why do they have it as one of their holiest sites then?
I have this funny notion. If I want to know what a Roman Catholic believes, I go to an RCC site. Same with the Methodists, Mormons, and, if you can imagine it, Jews.

Here's what they jave to say on the topic: (Chabad.org again)

Jews throughout the ages have visited the Western Wall to offer prayers at this holy location, because, our sages teach, the Shechinah (Divine Presence) that was manifest in the Temple never departed. Furthermore, access to the holiest site in the world, the Temple Mount itself, is prevented by the mainstream understanding of Jewish law, which forbids entry to the Temple site while in a state of ritual impurity. Thus the Western Wall constitutes the closest possible point to the "Gateway to Heaven."

Anyting else I can help you with?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

lanceleo

Apr 18, 2018
✟45,605.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Not at all. If Jesus didn't mean what He said and there still is a portion of the temple wall existing, then He was lying. Just the facts.
The question you have to ask yourself is is the WW part of the temple? Or was it part of the parameter of the temple which is not the temple itself?

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The question you have to ask yourself is is the WW part of the temple? Or was it part of the parameter of the temple which is not the temple itself?
No need to speculate; ask the Jews at Chabad.org.

Upvote 0

EclipseEventSigns

Jun 17, 2022
Western Canada
✟33,272.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Really? I do so love it when Gentiles hold forth on what the Jews believe. I prefer to go to the source, in this case, Chabad.org

Basic History of the Kotel

The wall we call today the Western Wall, while not a part of the Holy Temple itself, was part of the Temple Mount retaining wall that Herod the Great built in the 1st century BCE when he ambitiously expanded the Temple Mount and renovated the then-dilapidated Second Temple.

When the Romans destroyed the Temple in 69 CE, this wall was not destroyed. And nearly two thousand years later, the wall still stands.

BTW - LOL.

I have this funny notion. If I want to know what a Roman Catholic believes, I go to an RCC site. Same with the Methodists, Mormons, and, if you can imagine it, Jews.

Here's what they jave to say on the topic: (Chabad.org again)

Jews throughout the ages have visited the Western Wall to offer prayers at this holy location, because, our sages teach, the Shechinah (Divine Presence) that was manifest in the Temple never departed. Furthermore, access to the holiest site in the world, the Temple Mount itself, is prevented by the mainstream understanding of Jewish law, which forbids entry to the Temple site while in a state of ritual impurity. Thus the Western Wall constitutes the closest possible point to the "Gateway to Heaven."

Anyting else I can help you with?
LOL. As if that site is the source of all truth. Even they contradict the eye witness account of Josephus. The wall was part of the temple. There is no way around it. You can stamp up and down all you want. Doesn't change the facts.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Before permanent temples were built .... the temple (tabernacle) was portable ....

What the temple sits on is not the temple itself.

earlytemple.jpeg

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
LOL. As if that site is the source of all truth.
I suspect they may know a bit more about what Jews believe than you do.
Even they contradict the eye witness account of Josephus.
Maybe you can get on their site and square them away.

The wall was part of the temple.
But that's your opinion,in direct opposition to what the Jews themelves say. So are you the source of all truth, then?
There is no way around it. You can stamp up and down all you want. Doesn't change the facts.
Of course! I mean, who are a bunch of Jews to be telling you what Jews believe? Right?

BTW, I have some questions about what Anglicans Really Believe I need to ask you at your convenience.

Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟53,912.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
If you believe that Messiah Jesus was always correct and never lies, how do you explain Mark 13:1-2, Matthew 24:1-2, and Luke 21:5-6?
Cool.
Did not expect this first sentence/question.
I know perfectly that Messiah Yeshua is always correct.

I don't explain those references yet, don't have to. There's no problem other

than man. (well, and the devil, sin, the medical community protocols, the governments of the world, - all 'of man' or 'of the world' except for the devil)

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes I love the responses in this thread. Shows exactly who believes the actual words of Jesus and who denies Him and wants to explain Him away.I take
I take it you're declaring a victory. Congratulations.

Upvote 0