• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Mental Health

Feb 23, 2011
✟7,681.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Yeahim 16 and 17 in may and I've had to fake sick while in school due to panic attacks and stuff, it's just hard (I go to a Christian school) I can't god see a doctor due to no transportation and my parents would go awall (as they don't know) I had a MAJOR panic attack thing Sunday night..

Upvote 0

If Not For Grace

Legend-but then so's Keith Richards
Feb 4, 2005
Curtis Loew's House w/Kid Rock & Hank III
Visit site
✟46,998.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Even if we have medical problems our attitude can help/hurt em.

Coping Skills (BEHAVIORS CAN BE LEARNED bad/good) would be where I woud start.
(Anxiety, Anger, Fear=there are tricks for dealing w/all of em)

Honesty is key--be honest about what you CAN change, ID what you are willing to change (Start small) and begin and STAY w/it. That requires committment.

We will never get it 100% of the time, but every time we handle it better than we would have yesterday is a Victory!

Upvote 0
Feb 23, 2011
✟7,681.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Thanks for checking in it means a lot, I havnt been on the forum for a while I've been busy but I'm back.. Anyway my school councilor is STUPID and SUCKS there's no point going to her... I went to my friend who's a psychologist and he has even further diagnosed that I have type a borderling and EXTREME bipolar..

Upvote 0

godismystrength1

Forum Junkie
Apr 6, 2011
U.S.
✟15,253.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm sorry, but that's ridiculous. There's too much labeling today vs. the past. Do you have a support system? People who don't attach labels to your behavior all the time? A personality is a personality, and behavior is normal depending on the circumstance. That's just my input, I hope it doesn't offend. I can't really tell on a forum that there's anything wrong at all. My psychiatrist told me I had a schizoid personality once, and I was offended...because I had been socializing and making friends and being my normal self...he only spends 15 minutes with me every other month...so I kind of think you might need a new psychiatrist and better situation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

robinswilliam

Apr 29, 2011
✟15,112.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Describes a level of cognitive or mental health or emotional well-being or the absence of a mental disorder.The Day more open discussion of mental disorders, and promotes investment in prevention and treatment services. And productivity in the United States on health burden of mental illness around the world and has long been profoundly underestimated.

Upvote 0