ON
✟4,862.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello brothers and sisters, Peace be upon you!
So I was wondering if any one of you memorized/or is in a process of memorizing Bible Scriptures? I think I am ready to do so, and I wanted to ask for a help, what's the best way of memorizing, basically how to easily memorize it?
Thanks in advance.
May God bless you.
Nura Xx

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
  • Informative
Reactions: nuranoora
Upvote 0

Chris77777

Feb 18, 2017
Ohio
✟7,931.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
So I was wondering if any one of you memorized/or is in a process of memorizing Bible Scriptures? I think I am ready to do so, and I wanted to ask for a help, what's the best way of memorizing, basically how to easily memorize it?
Thanks in advance.
May God bless you.
Nura Xx
I am trying the same thing right now I am working on a project that uses concepts from mega memory
What I am doing is making a picture representations of words in bible to make memorizing easier.
Anyone can email me for more information.
I learned from Kevin Trudeau mega memory and use sillily stories to memorize with. So anyone like to help me out email me.
iOS users I use three apps, Documents, ankisrs, and google sheets.
I have a google sheets document of all he unique words of he kjv bible and well watch the video it kindoff explains what I have so far

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,104.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I haven't made any effort to memorise Scripture. But over 50 years of reading the Bible, certain parts stick. What I have found is that when I have been in prayer, asking God questions and discussing issues, the exact right verse of Scripture has come to mind which either confirms and corrects my thinking on the matter. It has happened so often that I find it remarkable! It must meant that as I have read the Scriptures, they have filtered into my spirit in some way that when the right verse is needed, up it comes!

Upvote 0

introverteen

Site Supporter
May 2, 2017
Spirit
✟46,033.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
I like to use several different translations of the Bible so that the message doesn't become old or routine.
I prefer to summarise and paraphrase passages into my own words, often writing them down and repeating them several times. I find that method works the best for me in committing the Word to memory.
Because I use different translations that use both dynamic and formal translation methods I don't like to be too strict or legalistic by adhearing to or favouring a single edition.
If someone asks me to expand or clarify on a passage I've mentioned we go and look it up.
Another way that helps me is by putting the Word to melodies I enjoy and singing them in my head.

May God the Father bless you.
May God the Son support you.
May God the Holy Spirit guide you.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I like to use several different translations of the Bible so that the message doesn't become old or routine.
I prefer to summarise and paraphrase passages into my own words, often writing them down and repeating them several times. I find that method works the best for me in committing the Word to memory.
Because I use different translations that use both dynamic and formal translation methods I don't like to be too strict or legalistic by adhearing to or favouring a single edition.
If someone asks me to expand or clarify on a passage I've mentioned we go and look it up.
Another way that helps me is by putting the Word to melodies I enjoy and singing them in my head.

May God the Father bless you.
May God the Son support you.
May God the Holy Spirit guide you.
Hi there! Some Bible versions lend themselves far more easily to memorization than others do, it seems.

• Friendly
Reactions: introverteen
Upvote 0

introverteen

Site Supporter
May 2, 2017
Spirit
✟46,033.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Hi there! Some Bible versions lend themselves far more easily to memorization than others do, it seems.

Yes a lot of people like the poetry of the KJV and some others The Message. I'm thankful there are many translations in English.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I use the NKJV because I'm not overly fond of 400+ year old English!
The NKJV is in various ways quite similar to the KJV, not completely, but similar and derived from similar translation and textual principles.

(When publishers and translators start using engineering redundancy notions - as they do, E. Nida, etc. - as a supposed reason to cut out a proportion of the Biblical text, I start to struggle, really.)

• Useful
Upvote 0

introverteen

Site Supporter
May 2, 2017
Spirit
✟46,033.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
The NKJV is in various ways quite similar to the KJV, not completely, but similar and derived from similar translation and textual principles.

(When publishers and translators start using engineering redundancy notions - as they do, E. Nida, etc. - as a supposed reason to cut out a proportion of the Biblical text, I start to struggle, really.)

I struggle when there are notes or commentaries in the editions itself because then I'll go off in my day and think wait was that just a noted opinion or was that scripture?

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I struggle when there are notes or commentaries in the editions itself because then I'll go off in my day and think wait was that just a noted opinion or was that scripture?
While study Bibles can be helpful, it's important to remember what is the inspired text and what is not.

• Useful
Upvote 0

introverteen

Site Supporter
May 2, 2017
Spirit
✟46,033.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
While study Bibles can be helpful, it's important to remember what is the inspired text and what is not.

Yeah, exactly. I get easily distracted with annotations and introductions, even subtitles and headings it breaks my concentration. That stuff is fine when I'm looking for it but usually I just want the Word and stillness.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, exactly. I get easily distracted with annotations and introductions, even subtitles and headings it breaks my concentration. That stuff is fine when I'm looking for it but usually I just want the Word and stillness.
Psalm 46.10 is a great reference point! :)

Upvote 0

spockrates

Wonderer
Jul 29, 2011
Indiana
✟17,832.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks in advance.
May God bless you.
Nura Xx

Peace be upon you, too. :)

So maybe keep some index cards and a pen with you when you read a book of the Bible. If you see a verse you really like, write it down on one side of the index card, and also write the book, chapter and verse numbers. On the other side of the index card, write a couple of words to remind you what it's about.

Later use the cards to test your memory. Read the sides with reminder of what the verses are about and see if you can recall word for word what's written on the other side. Once you remember word for word, see if you can recall the book, chapter and verse numbers.

It will take several tries to memorize, unless you have a photographic memory! But many you memorize will stick with you forever.

Last edited:
Upvote 0