• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Medicines?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blessedblonde

Jammin in the Name of The Lord
Jul 1, 2005
Detroit, MI
✟30,970.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I have currently been on risperdal for about a month... anyone else take this? I was also on prozac but found that it made me really anxious so I stopped taking it... I also take xanax occasionally for panic attacks.... any thoughts on this med?

luv4HIM

Forgiven
Jan 28, 2007
Maryland
✟9,233.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I take riserdal , but only when I start getting manic (feels like it might be soon). I get terrible charley horses from it. My 8yo son was on it and did not have physical side effects. But it was ineffectual with him. I have klonipin for anxiety.

Upvote 0

Alive again

A daughter of the King of Kings!
Feb 21, 2005
Pacific Northwest, USA
✟23,321.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes, antidepressants are necessary for some, but can trigger anxiety or even mania for others. Risperdal is fda approved for Mania, esp acute mania. My son's experience is that it helped his mania, but not his depression. I did not tolerate it, it was actually tooo stimulating for me, but I tend to have rare and odd side effects!

We all have similarites and differences in how we respond to meds, and there are many choices. Just be honest with your doc and be willing to try other meds if needed! I only ever found one that works for me, but it works!!!

Reactions: Jeshu
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.