Wisconsin, United States of America
✟657,216.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Did Trump ever announce that he was replacing Fauci ?

I don't think so ...

I had replied to:
He replaced renowned scientists with vapid yes men.

Trump did not replace him, unless you want to promote the idea that Fauci was one of Trump's "yes men".

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟657,216.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Ponderous Curmudgeon

Feb 20, 2021
Newfield
✟38,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
What you fail to know is that I am not beholden Trump. I thought the man was hilarious, but I never had a sycophantic love for any politician, nor did I ever harbor a passionate hatred for one.

OP's post, is pointing out the contradictions of those who expressed the latter. They hated Trump, and thus vehemently opposed anything he vouched for. Now those same people are aggressively in favor of, and pushing, the very thing Trump once advocated.

Does no one see the irony?
No, I don't, the vaccine was always a good idea and while the term "warp speed" was overblown and propagandistic, I even think it was appropriate. The problem was that Trumps statement's about the pandemic and medical science were so ludicrous, that that if they were not countered at the time, they were setting us up for where we are now. Trump's comments about Bleach and UV light and unevidenced claims about chloroqine etc. were far worse than the gaffes that politicians make, they showed a genuine disinterest and lack of understanding of the problem at hand.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟561,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟657,216.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

trunks2k

Contributor
Jan 26, 2004
✟270,241.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
As I recall, Trump was obsessed with rolling out the vaccine before the election, ready or not. As usual, it was all about him.

To him, it wasn't medicine. It was a vote enhancer.

We were lining up once the FDA gave us the go-ahead.

This. I was extremely skeptical of Trump's talk about the vaccine. I thought there was a good chance that he'd apply political pressure to push through the approval when it wouldn't be effective - just to score political points. But when it was ready to go, all the data showed it was a safe, effective vaccine. IIRC, by the day of the election I was good with taking it.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟561,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Well, I'm glad you guys no longer are calling Fox News a fringe source. What changed your mind?

"Inaccurate" and "dishonest" != "fringe." I've never called them a fringe source, nor can I recall anybody else doing so. IME, it's primarily their own fanbase who refer to them as outside the mainstream.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟257,160.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
What you fail to know is that I am not beholden Trump. I thought the man was hilarious, but I never had a sycophantic love for any politician, nor did I ever harbor a passionate hatred for one.

OP's post, is pointing out the contradictions of those who expressed the latter. They hated Trump, and thus vehemently opposed anything he vouched for. Now those same people are aggressively in favor of, and pushing, the very thing Trump once advocated.

People were saying that he wasn't to be trusted. With very good reasons. But they would trust the health experts. Which most of us are doing. I hope you didn't try the bleach remedy.

Upvote 0